• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.
it will happen

402739116.gif

and the world won't care

402739116.gif

royalan

LAWD...I would be embarrassed to be seen within 500ft of that. Gaga and her Little Monsters are becoming a parody of themselves.

Roy attending Born This Way Ball incognito confirmed.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
LAWD...I would be embarrassed to be seen within 500ft of that. Gaga and her Little Monsters are becoming a parody of themselves.

Roy attending Born This Way Ball incognito confirmed.

Girl you dont have to worry about how the outside looks like, but the inside where you will get all the help that you need to recover from Lotus

ibystLKjFf4Jy.gif

Mau ®

And how could she not be? She does put out 30 songs every 6 months.

5b373a2e.gif

I might inquire as to why Garbaj is not the biggest selling digital artist tho, seeing as she had 20 charted singles this year alone according to Billboard. Thats almost half of Rih's entire single releases EVER (including collabos)

Care to explain?

idag4i2mkeEIW.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
I might inquire as to why Garbaj is not the biggest selling digital artist tho, seeing as she had 20 charted singles this year alone according to Billboard. Thats almost half of Rih's entire single releases EVER (including collabos)

Care to explain?

idag4i2mkeEIW.gif

nnnnnnnnnnnk

ixFltBa0NvVRD.gif

Not you educating him on the fact that the amount of releases is irrelevant if they don't sell. Rih could release 100 singles a year and if none of them sold, she wouldn't be the HIGHEST SELLING DIGITAL ARTIST EVER. What kind of logical fallacies? It's funny how he doesn't get that concept while stanning for Nicki.

botty

Banned

Care to explain?

idag4i2mkeEIW.gif

Rihanna has been out longer... so her music has had more time to build up sales. And I don't see why you are bringing up singles as if Rihanna's title was gained solely from the singles.
ibfpUnufLDJVPa.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
Nicki Minaj 2012 singles (minus album non-charting)

Starships
Right By My Side
Beez In Da Trap
Pound The Alarm
The Boys
Va Va Voom
Freedom

Give me all your lovin
Take it to the head
Get low
Girl on Fire
Beauty and a Beat
Roman Reloaded
Born Stunna (remix)

Bold are her singles, unbolded are features.

Rihanna 2012 singles

Talk That Talk
Princess of China
Where Have You Been
Cockiness
Diamonds

Take Care

BC/Remix isn't included because it wasn't released digitally.

14 versus 6. By Botty's flop logic, Nicki should have sold 2.33 times more digital units than Rih this year.

Rihanna has been out longer... so her music has had more time to build up sales. And I don't see why you are bringing up singles as if Rihanna's title was gained solely from the singles.

The albums weren't mentioned since Rih doesn't sell albums, as per every other stanbase when they want to drag her. Even you've dragged her on that.

Mau ®

ibfpUnufLDJVPa.gif

The life of a single does not last much beyond the first 6 months tho so your point is null and void.

Garbaj actually has more singles than Rihanna too. Why are you trying to overlook that?

Also I thought Rih is a singles artist and cant sell albums and Minaj is a proficient album seller who had 2 back to back #1's... Despite the the second #1 not selling as much as "flop album" Talk That Talk.

Also did you know the Re-Up already has about as many singles out as TTT? They were however released in half or less of the time the TTT campaing lasted...i bet it doesnt have 1/5 of its sales too

Oh.

ibfpUnufLDJVPa.gif

botty

Banned
Why are you picking singles from 2012, when you should be comparing entire discographies... for which Rihanna has gotten the title "best selling digital artist."

For your logic to make sense we would have to know the digital sales of each of those songs listed, and exclude any sales of songs released prior to 2012 by both of them.

izToLqTwhlPQX.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
Why are you picking singles from 2012, when you should be comparing entire discographies... for which Rihanna has gotten the title "best selling digital artist."

For your logic to make sense we would have to know the digital sales of each of those songs listed, and exclude any sales of songs released prior to 2012 by both of them.

izToLqTwhlPQX.gif

You're right.

So back to square one, Rih is the highest selling digital artist ever but not part of the sales trinity. Expound upon that.

Mau ®

izToLqTwhlPQX.gif

An album sold still counts as a record sold. Same with a single.

Garbaj still has more singles in total than Rih... Souldnt she have more digital sales then? Why isnt she anywhere near Rih then?

botty

Banned
The life of a single does not last much beyond the first 6 months tho so your point is null and void.

Garbaj actually has more singles than Rihanna too. Why are you trying to overlook that?

Also I thought Rih is a singles artist and cant sell albums and Minaj is a proficient album seller who had 2 back to back #1's... Despite the the second #1 not selling as much as "flop album" Talk That Talk.

Also did you know the Re-Up already has about as many singles out as TTT? They were however released in half or less of the time the TTT campaing lasted...i bet it doesnt have 1/5 of its sales too

Oh.

ibfpUnufLDJVPa.gif

Singles can still sell past a 6 month period, though obviously they won't sell as much as when they peaked. My point would only be nulled if the single stopped selling completely, which we know isn't true.

Rihanna is a single's artist, and her album sales are not impressive, but that doesn't mean they are to be excluded from her overall sales as a artist. I don't recall ever saying Nicki was a proficient album seller, but she did clock those back to back #1s.

Did I lie?

in2vSlNaUUD8W.gif

You're still coming for the Re-up as if it was a full fledged album with a wide release I see.

DMeisterJ

Banned
taylor (and maybe gaga) is coming for that highest selling digital artist crown lbr

402739116.gif

They're 'coming' in the sense that if Rihanna sells less singles than she is currently selling for a long period of time, then they're coming, but as she keeps selling singles, Taylor and co have to continue to keep pace, but also outpace her.

botty

Banned
You're right.

So back to square one, Rih is the highest selling digital artist ever but not part of the sales trinity. Expound upon that.

Because she doesn't sell like Adele or Taylor.

i48GtohYsEPM2.gif

An album sold still counts as a record sold. Same with a single.

Garbaj still has more singles in total than Rih... Souldnt she have more digital sales then? Why isnt she anywhere near Rih then?

Maybe if someone does the math for 2012 we can find out.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Devil Wears Prada is on TV and they just did the Cerulean scene and all I could think of was whether or not I could turn it into a gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
what a dumb accomplishment though

"oh rihanna sells the most if you neglect every single retailer that is not online"

That's a dumb statement since they don't even sell singles at retailers.

But it's a Rihanna accomplishment, so it's dumb. Like all of her other accomplishments, it's marginalized because people are bothered by her success. Poor that.

#StayLonda tho

botty

Banned

"oh rihanna sells the most if you neglect every single retailer that is not online"

And the fact that Adele only has two albums, with Taylor only having four. Yet both are far superior than Rihanna in terms of talent, and selling power.

DMeisterJ

Banned
It seems this Rih conversation has turned into what it always does, which is the moving of goalposts since they can't come at her for so many things. So moving on

---------------------------------

Justin Bieber gets the tired praying hands tattoo

justin-bieber-leg-tattoo-lead.jpg

Artemisia

Banned

That's a dumb statement since they don't even sell singles at retailers.

But it's a Rihanna accomplishment, so it's dumb. Like all of her other accomplishments, it's marginalized because people are bothered by her success. Poor that.

#StayLonda tho

they do sometimes

and albums are also purchased online

royalan

HIGHEST SELLING DIGITAL ARTIST OF ALL TIME.

I always chuckle when I see this. HIGHEST SELLING DIGITAL ARTIST OF ALL TIME - like digital music distribution didn't become the prominent form of music distribution only just last year. Hardly as impressive as the title suggests.

Still...I would say that Rihanna deserves top tier placement over certain artists
like Beyonce.

Mau ®

Why would it be dumb? Digital sales account for a sizable share of overall sales and the grand majority of single sales come from digital outlets and retailers...

Wilsongt

All of these young "Stars" getting tattoos... I hope they save some of their money so that they can get those foul things removed when they get older and more mature.

botty

Banned
I hate pics like these. Fucking wear a pair of jeans or some shorts you entitled diva. Like I said before, she used to be so much more likable and simple way back when.

Give me a break. You act as if you have been following her as a person for longer than Triumphant has been released.

She has literally only been "simple" for a short part of her debut era, and once she cashed her first check the diva mentality blossomed.

Bladenic

Give me a break. You act as if you have been following her as a person for longer than Triumphant has been released.

She has literally only been "simple" for a short part of her debut era, and once she cashed her first check the diva mentality blossomed.

Let's not pretend that you've been following her whole career, considering you're like 2 years older than me. And since you're slinging lies, I was a fan since EoM came out, which I had and jammed to in middle school.

And notice I didn't specify when I meant she was more simple. I know it was a painfully short time before she realized she could be entitled and bitchy and get away with it. At the end of the day who cares, not like this picture affects her music. I can't imagine sailing in a full gown is too fun though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom