• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
Let's not pretend that you've been following her whole career, considering you're like 2 years older than me. And since you're slinging lies, I was a fan since EoM came out, which I had and jammed to in middle school.

And notice I didn't specify when I meant she was more simple. I know it was a painfully short time before she realized she could be entitled and bitchy and get away with it. At the end of the day who cares, not like this picture affects her music. I can't imagine sailing in a full gown is too fun though.

Then I do not understand what you mean when you say she was more likable, when you aren't even familiar with her humble days.

Mau ®

why purposely neglect half of music sales to pad the resume of an artist with an accomplishment?

Why neglect a different type of retailing model that targets very different sets of demographics than those of physical-format buying consumers?

Why also neglect the retailing model that single-handedly revived the single format from being a "hardcore collectors item" to now being the standard of the industry.

Rihanna pretty much appeared when iTunes (and digital format) started to rise. She an artist that was born in the digital age. Most of her target demo buys digital and prefers digital. Its not just "padding the resumé". Digital is an entire industry that targets different people with different purchasing behaviors.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Let's not forget to make fun of Nick for wearing Tims and a long sleeve shirt with a short-sleeved shirt over it attempting to recapture his early 20s. Both of them look ridiculous.

botty

Banned
Mariah looks flawless. You cunts can seethe.

ibdd1T89aw20V5.gif

royalan

Let's not forget to make fun of Nick for wearing Tims and a long sleeve shirt with a short-sleeved shirt over it attempting to recapture his early 20s. Both of them look ridiculous.

RIGHT!? He looks straight out of 2002!

But while we talkin about these MEN, NOBODY takes the foolywang cake more than JAY-Old-Ass-Z

What kind of midlife crises MESS??? He looks like he's trying to be Beyonce's son in that last pic.

Somebody needs to tell him to grow his style all the way up...

JayZ is gross.

I will be bathed in the presence of Pariah in 4 days. Kinda can't be arsed because I have a better show to attend the following evening >_>

RubyFaith

LOL.

It looks like the 90's threw up on T-Boz. Beula is a mess. I suppose it's taking Pepsi and a small nation of marketers to hype her up for a REASON.

Speaking of T-boz, she is trying to make a comeback and will be starting a reality show soon.
Cue the side eyes.

Artemisia

Banned
Why neglect a different type of retailing model that targets very different sets of demographics than those of physical-format buying consumers?

Why also neglect the retailing model that single-handedly revived the single format from being a "hardcore collectors item" to now being the standard of the industry.

Rihanna pretty much appeared when iTunes (and digital format) started to rise. She an artist that was born in the digital age. Most of her target demo buys digital and prefers digital. Its not just "padding the resumé".

I'm not neglecting it. Rihanna is the highest selling digital artist. You can learn a lot about who listens to Rihanna, and what type of artists thrive on the digital formats from that stat. My problem is with using it as a sales accomplishment. Single sales are pretty much exclusively digital, but album sales are still shared with the physical formst. Many people still buy albums at stores like Best Buy and Target. Even people in Rihanna's demographic. I would also scoff at an artist priding themselves on being the highest selling physical artist, because most people buy music digitally.

Selling the most on a certain format is good to know, but selling the most when you consider all consumers is something to be wowed by. And if you look at artists who debuted from the time Rihanna came on the scene and after, Rihanna hasn't done that.

I see Gangnam Style is being voted a lot in that thread. Good, good. Didn't care much for that vote in the OP, though. "Part of Me" is a timeless bop.

Nemesis_

Why do people complain about "moving goalposts".

The statement itself is fucking stupid as is, but why would someone continue to come for someone when they have achieved it?

Is the NAVY really that illiterate and unable to comprehend the language that they realise it's pointless to come for something that somebody has already accomplished?

You are essentially saying people should be saying NO #1 ALBUM when she has already accomplished that with Unapologeneric. Why would someone come for her not having a #1 album when she just got one? It's pointless.

I don't know why Rihanna of all people should be exempt from receiving shade or drags just because one pressed member of the NAVY keeps insisting that we shouldn't shade her at all.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I cant at DMJ saying Diamond's lyrics are awful

which is the reason why I love it
ib1eQWecPyFE5Z.gif

You’re a shooting star I see
A vision of ecstasy
When you hold me, I’m alive
We’re like diamonds in the sky

At first sight I felt the energy of sun rays
I saw the life inside your eyes

ibmAa8XuFEN1h2.gif

maybe its just Rihanna's delivery

Koodo

Banned
Why do people call Artemisia a vile cunt troll? She's not the one getting banned for posting a series of vulgarities.
iiMCJMtWo3lC.gif

Ties

Banned
I'm waiting for more Vita games to actually interest me.

I had a revelation this morning. I was conflicted on which 3DS to purchase, Kid Icarus or Paper Mario. Clearly, I would not have that same issue if I was a Vita Ora owner. Bless the RihDS for promoting moral decisions.

kid-show-scandal-teletubbies.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom