• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

Bye, there is no way I was going to go into the monster pit in Houston, TX

vile cretins aint touching me
i3ShOaI73K9hM.gif

The pit does sound revolting.

i8hLUSUwDFrVq.gif

I'd rather admire my fave from a safe distance.

I forget you guys are in America, I guess it would be more revolting in there. This isn't me being shady either >_> I just think some of her more "dedicated" fans would be in the states.

Also it's much less gross than what you would expect, tickets are purposely allocated so that half of the pit is full rather than the whole thing being this gross wet and warm mosh pit. So everyone has room to move around.

On both our dates we had some pretty vicious queens scratching people to get to the front (no jokes >_>) but otherwise it was fine since if you're in the pit there really isn't a bad spot at all.

Though no matter which show I go to I like to be as close as possible :3 even if I were to go to the Diamonds tour if that does make it here.

The Shaturdays are lucky they got to spend 2 minutes on the same film roll as the Spice Girls.

Speaking of flop acts, where's Godelsmetric? ;)

Nemesis_

I giggled.

Anyway, onto some rather depressing news:

Because the world we live in is an insane and horrible place, a paparazzo trailing a car that he thought was driven by Justin Bieber — turns out it actually wasn’t — was struck by an oncoming vehicle and killed on a Los Angeles freeway after trying to snap a picture inside the white Ferrari — which was, again, driven by somebody who wasn’t Justin Bieber. Yes, pretty much everything about this story is sad and depressing and grim. There’s just no way around it.

And even though the Biebs had nothing to do with the incident (he wasn’t even in the car!), other than implicitly contributing to a society where a picture of a celebrity driving is prized so dearly that people will literally walk through traffic across the freeway to get it, Team Bieber still released a statement:

“While I was not present nor directly involved with this tragic accident, my thoughts and prayers are with the family of the victim… Hopefully this tragedy will finally inspire meaningful legislation and whatever other necessary steps to protect the lives and safety of celebrities, police officers, innocent public bystanders, and the photographers themselves.”

(Indeed, that does sound like Biebs speaking in his own voice. His publicist must have cut out all the references to “swag.”)

But seriously, we wouldn’t mind seeing Bieber taking up this issue and championing it in earnest, especially since it’s clearly one that’s near and dear to his heart. Set up a foundation or something, maybe?

http://idolator.com/7361452/justin-bieber-paparazzi-killed-car-accident

Kyon

Banned
Did anyone notice Scream and Shit is somehow still slaying on iTunes? I know for a fact the first weeks Stan boosting is not to blame. The general public is interested O_O I need to see how far along it is on radio. Anyone got the numbers? #LazyStan

DMeisterJ

Banned
Did anyone notice Scream and Shit is somehow still slaying on iTunes? I know for a fact the first weeks Stan boosting is not to blame. The general public is interested O_O I need to see how far along it is on radio. Anyone got the numbers? #LazyStan

WILL.I.AM & BRITNEY SPEARS - Scream And Shout: 51.837 (+ 0.575)

It was clocking 2M updates before the freeze.

It's definitely going to be a top 10 hit.

Trigger

WILL.I.AM & BRITNEY SPEARS - Scream And Shout: 51.837 (+ 0.575)

It was clocking 2M updates before the freeze.

It's definitely going to be a top 10 hit.

I still can't into the song, but good for Britney. I hope her next solo effort slays even harder.

Nemesis_

Jay-Z, The Bullitts to Score 'The Great Gatsby'

Jay-Z is confirmed to compose the score to "The Great Gatsby," alongside The Bullitts. Jeymes Samuel of The Bullitts took to Twitter yesterday (Dec. 30) to share the news.

Jay-Z and myself have been working tirelessly on the score for the upcoming #CLASSIC The Great Gatsby! It is too DOPE for words!
30 Dec 12

Rumors of Jay-Z's participation with the film started swirling when the first trailer debuted online in May. Director Baz Luhrmann chose Jay-Z and Kanye West's "Watch the Throne" track, "No Church in the Wild," as the music for the film's trailer.

Reports say that the film's soundtrack may include songs from Prince and Lady Gaga, according to the Collider. The soundtrack's tracklist has yet to be confirmed. "The Great Gatsby" opens on May 10.

Jay-Z took on a similar role earlier this year when curating the soundtrack to "NBA 2K13." As executive producer, he brought along a number of artists for the soundtrack including, Phoenix, Dirty Projectors, Daft Punk, Justice, Nas, Kanye and more.

Does this mean the Lana rumour wasn't true?

Guess what else maintained positive radio gains through the holiday season. *.*

iizvLdEyZWU41.gif

ipmEbcNiSCuN5.gif

So I am revisiting Bored This Way. Living for Scheiße and Americano... I must be getting sick. The album just tends to devolve into a really messy sound after a while, her constant groaning and moaning and ridiculous accents are off-putting on repeated listens.

The entire album sounds like a PWL song with more bass.

royalan

Marry the Night, Heavy Metal Lover and Edge of Glory are the only songs that get any use from that noisy pretentious mess.

Marry the Night, Heavy Metal Lover and Edge of Glory are the only songs that get any use from that noisy pretentious mess.

Yeah Heavy Metal Lover is okay. I just don't think I get it, tbh. The entire thing is loud and tacky, it'd be okay if it was balanced out with pop music that didn't sound like a diamante studded drag queen's dildo, but it's just OTT.

I would've loved an album like this when I was 12.

botty

Banned
Phono stanning for a Gaga song, and Koodo stanning for an xtina song.

What a strange year we're having thus far.
i0uAw4Ms9FnUz.gif

Bladenic

Phono stanning for a Gaga song, and Koodo stanning for an xtina song.

What a strange year we're having thus far.
i0uAw4Ms9FnUz.gif

What? Receipts.

And that Jay-Z scoring Great Gatsby news.... utter and pure VILE SHIT. Hype in movie just went down the shitter. Ugh.

i7l7iFKjswGgI.gif

As a fellow Xtina stan you of all people should be a fan of noisy pretentious messes ;___;

Born This Way is one of the best albums of all time. I wish you all saw exactly what I see in it though.

tumblr_md3jvb1F941rg2x2no1_500.gif

<3

royalan

As a fellow Xtina stan you of all people should be a fan of noisy pretentious messes ;___;

Born This Way is one of the best albums of all time. I wish you all saw exactly what I see in it though.

tumblr_md3jvb1F941rg2x2no1_500.gif

<3

I love this GIF. She was so MAD
at Latrice ;__;

EDIT: I Second the idea of a PopGAF podcast. GAF HOP has been totally pulling a Beyonce and stealing all our shit lately. It's only fair we return the favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom