• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Not to sound like an emo kid, but I did enjoy her music when it was darker and sad. I think she is better, lyrically, when the themes of her songs come from a less bubbly place. Songs like "My Happy Ending," and "Nobody's Home" are extremely impressive for a sophomore album.

I feel like she has become a Canadian Taylor Swift as of late...

ibTUSUiQaO0GM.gif

Well...
"Let go" had a pair sad songs like "I'm with you" and I forget the names. "Under My Skin" surely had more quality sad/darker songs. I agree completely with you that those times were her best in terms of quality overall. Her party happy go lucky songs are pretty basic and by this time sound pretty outdated. "What The Hell" being a big example of how outdated her sound is and how simply she hasnt matured musically when she had something big on her hands with her first 2 albums and simply decided to throw it away and try something new which while its not a bad thing if you fail at it you should go back to your strong points which is what she didnt do. Oh well we'll see how she does with Album #5

On the Taylor Swift comment I can at least say Taylor has remained at least close to her roots instead of a big jump on changes. I might not be a fan of Taylor but she definitely its doing a good work with gradual changes and not going all out like some others did. She still shows the influences of Country with the Pop music. Avril its more like a thousand Canadian artists that had something and left what they had go.

Wilsongt

Well...
"Let go" had a pair sad songs like "I'm with you" and I forget the names. "Under My Skin" surely had more quality sad/darker songs. I agree completely with you that those times were her best in terms of quality overall. Her party happy go lucky songs are pretty basic and by this time sound pretty outdated. "What The Hell" being a big example of how outdated her sound is and how simply she hasnt matured musically when she had something big on her hands with her first 2 albums and simply decided to throw it away and try something new which while its not a bad thing if you fail at it you should go back to your strong points which is what she didnt do. Oh well we'll see how she does with Album #5

"The Best Damn Thing" had some fairly good songs on it. "When You're Gone was good, as well as "The Best Damn Thing." "Keep Holding On" did well because of the movie it was attached to. "Innocence " and "Contagious" were jams. I'd say the weakest song on the whole album was "Girlfriend", followed by "I Don't Have to Try".

"Goodbye Lullabye" was also good. With the weakest songs on there being "What the Hell", "Remember When", and "Darlin". The rest of the songs were fantastic, and "Smile" was a much better song and a great choice for a single.

So, yeah. Her style may have changed, but her third and fourth albums were anything but basic.

Vazra

"The Best Damn Thing" had some fairly good songs on it. "When You're Gone was good, as well as "The Best Damn Thing." "Keep Holding On" did well because of the movie it was attached to. "Innocence " and "Contagious" were jams. I'd say the weakest song on the whole album was "Girlfriend", followed by "I Don't Have to Try".

"Goodbye Lullabye" was also good. With the weakest songs on there being "What the Hell", "Remember When", and "Darlin". The rest of the songs were fantastic, and "Smile" was a much better song and a great choice for a single.

So, yeah. Her style may have changed, but her third and fourth albums were anything but basic.

I'm just calling it as I see it. For most of the part the songs sound basic to me. Some of those you mentioned I agree but not all.

SaintZ

I agree about what are the worse songs on The Best Damn Thing. "I Don't Have To Try" is a mess and not here for rapping Avril. But yeah Contagious is good and Innocence as well.

Also, during this era, a lot of changes happened, Avril ended up on RCA, she got married and Dr. Luke happened. After reading what Butch Walker wrote about him, eh I kinda hate him now. Still, TBDT really cheers me up when I'm on a bad mood.

From Goodby Lullaby I hate Darlin' and 4 Real. They feel so empty.

Also, wth Pupi?! I'm With You is bad? It's ICONIC. Can't agree with that. I only dislike Unwanted from "Let Go".

ii4s2Pw6qy7V0.gif

In other news my country is stanning for my other fave:
KD3Vw.gif

What am I missing in that link that is so bad?

They're making such specific predictions about a D-list album and being cunty about it, lol. At least with our predictions we were being tongue-in-cheek about it. And they were for prominent artists ;P

Vazra

Also, wth Pupi?! I'm With You is bad? It's ICONIC. Can't agree with that. I only dislike Unwanted from "Let Go".

I didnt said "I'm with you" its bad. I said that it was sorta dark on the tone and I agree its one of her Iconic songs I love it with "Happy Ending" and "Nobody's Home". Unwanted I dont dislike it but dont like it either so I guess that album its full of good to enjoyable songs overall. The first 2 albums are pretty polished. After that things are all over the place.

Christopher

I just saw that hack SquiddyBiscuits who always come in here trying to shade Pop-Gaf and had the audacity to come in here with Psy praise...has been banned.

iWf0x9ypPLTjB.gif

See what happens when yo ucome for Pop Gaf.

Times Square live reporting:

1.) Psy wasn't as big as I thought he was I was expecting a lot more people on the streets to do his stupid dance thing - I think his time has come, don't get me wrong he was very popular though.

2.) Carly the crowd was dead for....like literally I heard them singing call me maybe but the crowd was lifeless. Some chick named Tiffany came on to sing This Kiss after her...and it still isn't charting on iTunes? Bomba.

3.) Taylor owned that crowd everyone loved her, she looked great too.

botty

Banned
Times Square live reporting:

1.) Psy wasn't as big as I thought he was I was expecting a lot more people on the streets to do his stupid dance thing - I think his time has come, don't get me wrong he was very popular though.

2.) Carly the crowd was dead for....like literally I heard them singing call me maybe but the crowd was lifeless. Some chick named Tiffany came on to sing This Kiss after her...and it still isn't charting on iTunes? Bomba.

3.) Taylor owned that crowd everyone loved her, she looked great too.

The street sweepers are going to have to work overtime to clean off the dreck PSY left in our city. Carly has been over since her horrible single fell off the charts... shame her other songs was pulled down to the depths along with it.

New York City is always here for Taylor and I don't get it... but it is apart of America.

a6rCG.gif

SaintZ

I didnt said "I'm with you" its bad. I said that it was sorta dark on the tone and I agree its one of her Iconic songs I love it with "Happy Ending" and "Nobody's Home". Unwanted I dont dislike it but dont like it either so I guess that album its full of good to enjoyable songs overall. The first 2 albums are pretty polished. After that things are all over the place.
Oop. I misread. I thought your post said "bad" insteado of "sad". My apologies x_x

Styles

mhm. Marius skipping out on the Diamonds World Tour is going to be such an error in his life.

iPQkX9xp0NUob.gif

I would imagine that there'd be plenty of tickets left for the US leg of her Diamonds' World Tour if/when he changes his mind and wants to purchase them.
iddwrryZQ4mW2.gif

Nemesis_

I'm not going alone to the Ball

izFIgp4lC3YLy.gif

Neither did I, but peasants who wanted to be in the seats lined up separately.

The Monster Pit was truly something elsE.

i5I9GOXDwOo5z.gif

Stefan™;45966875 said:
Choices The Periods wish they had.

i3ShOaI73K9hM.gif

If Xtincta decides she does want to tour and leave her revolting house, it'll probably be some kind of messy "mixed" tour with another artist like CeeLo. At this point, anyway.

Or she could always go the Janet route.

iKK71BbrqBmqy.gif

RubyFaith

YouTube Strips Major Record Labels of Over Two Billion Fake Views

Major record labels such as Universal, Sony/BMG, and RCA, were stripped by YouTube of over two billion views in the past month. Universal was hit the hardest, losing one billion views in the raid, and artists such as Michael Jackson, Chris Brown, Beyonce, and Avril Lavigne were all stripped of over 100 million phony views, violating YouTube's terms of service regarding view manipulation. In addition, videos from over 500 prominent channels were also stripped of views.

Justin bieber and Rihana

http://ngtrends.com/...ber-and-others/

Some of these pop stars are artificial inflating their video views on Youtube to make themselves appear more popular online. Youtube chiefs recently stri*ped 2 billion views from pop videos on its site amid fears the figures were faked. Rihanna, Justin Bieber and other music stars under Universal Music label lost 1 billion views. Rita Ora, Alicia Keys, Labrinth and other music stars under Sony Music label lost 850 million views. Michael Jackson’s feed lost 287 million views, while Beyonce lost 151 million views. Youtube stri*ped the views without suggesting the music stars or their labels were directly involved in artificially inflating them. Some fans who are hackers could have inflated them, or maybe the labels paid the ‘hackers’ to take up the numbers.

Really?

tumblr_mfc4qk4u0v1rkt7vho1_250.gif

Why is it that I'm always missing Avril talk? Oh well, I'm going to talk about ha anyways.

Let Go and Under My Skin are absolute bops. "Losing Grip", "Complicated", "I'm With You", "Mobile", and "Anything But Ordinary" are my absolute faves from Let Go. "Take Me Away", "Don't Tell Me", "He Wasn't", "My Happy Ending", "Nobody's Home", and "Fall To Pieces" are my faves from Under My Skin. I've heard some of Goodbye Lullaby, and from what I heard I liked it. "Smile" is totally my jam, and so is "What The Hell" even though it's a very heauxish song, lol. I actually decided to listen to Goodbye Lullaby on Spotify right now. I'm going to see if I like it all the way through. The Best Damn Thing, I stay away from. I kind of want to check it out on Spotify, but "Girlfriend" left a sour taste in my mouth.

Wilsongt

Why is it that I'm always missing Avril talk? Oh well, I'm going to talk about ha anyways.

Let Go and Under My Skin are absolute bops. "Losing Grip", "Complicated", "I'm With You", "Mobile", and "Anything But Ordinary" are my absolute faves from Let Go. "Take Me Away", "Don't Tell Me", "He Wasn't", "My Happy Ending", "Nobody's Home", and "Fall To Pieces" are my faves from Under My Skin. I've heard some of Goodbye Lullaby, and from what I heard I liked it. "Smile" is totally my jam, and so is "What The Hell" even though it's a very heauxish song, lol. I actually decided to listen to Goodbye Lullaby on Spotify right now. I'm going to see if I like it all the way through. The Best Damn Thing, I stay away from. I kind of want to check it out on Spotify, but "Girlfriend" left a sour taste in my mouth.

Avoid "Girlfriend" and listen to everything else. "Girlfriend" should not be the judge of quality for that CD. It's just awesome all around.

OH OH OH OH OH

Without the Scheibe, yeah

iGP8TSCPCEV1a.gif

OH OH OH OH OH

iGP8TSCPCEV1a.gif

OH OH OH OH OH

iGP8TSCPCEV1a.gif

OH OH OH OH OH

iGP8TSCPCEV1a.gif