• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMeisterJ

Banned

ibmr92l84wwvvC

My hope is that Xtina will either:

A) Seek better management. At this point she's in need of a COMEBACK era. Not a fake comeback era that these young stans like to claim their fave is having whenever they put out a new album, but a real one. She needs to be reintroduced to radio, and reintroduced to the public. For that to happen she needs a team that will be invested in her success, not a flop-ass squad that just wants to do same-old and release an album without even updating the damn site.

B) Stay with Irving, but there is a chance Irving himself could have a comeback. After all, he wasn't ALWAYS a shitty manager. In fact, it wasn't until 2008 when he became CEO of LN that the quality of Xtina's promo began to noticeably suffer (as well as his entire roster, honestly). In hindsight, it was selfish of Irving to hold on to his clients while accepting the role of CEO of a major company. He didn't have the time to give and it showed. But now that LN is no longer a factor, maybe he'll go back to prioritizing his acts, in which case that would be a good thing. He was, after all, in charge of things during the STRIPPED and BTB eras before he took on LN, and Xtina's promo back then was air-tight.

Or he'll retire outright.

There's more good to take from this than bad when you really think about it.

Sis, Lotus had every making for a comeback but it was obvious that she wasn't interested. As far as I'm concerned, Christina's mainstream career ended in 2007. She'll continue to pump out an album every few years, but there's absolutely no indication that she sees the word "comeback" as something that she has anything to do with. She seems to be content with being a mother and being paid to sit on a swivel chair with occasional stage performances here and there and that's all she needs at this point.

She's doing what most established acts do after a while on the scene; they check out and mind their own business. Patti LaBelle did it, Whitney did it, lord knows Chaka did it in spades. It's only unfortunate that she decided to check out so soon and with so much potential to be unrealized.

royalan

Sis, Lotus had every making for a comeback but it was obvious that she wasn't interested. As far as I'm concerned, Christina's mainstream career ended in 2007. She'll continue to pump out an album every few years, but there's absolutely no indication that she sees the word "comeback" as something that she has anything to do with. She seems to be content with being a mother and being paid to sit on a swivel chair with occasional stage performances here and there and that's all she needs at this point.

She's doing what most established acts do after a while on the scene; they check out and mind their own business. Patti LaBelle did it, Whitney did it, lord knows Chaka did it in spades. It's only unfortunate that she decided to check out so soon and with so much potential to be unrealized.

I agree in the sense that Christina is personally not into it anymore. That much was obvious this era. ;_____; Lotus didn't so much flop as much as she did absolutely nothing to push it. She's kinda over the hustle, and I can't really blame her. She's experienced top level success; she's got her man and child, and she's set for life. She pretty much has everything she's ever wanted right now. Can't really blame her for wanting to check out.

I just want her to get better management so that when she does release albums shit isn't so damn messy. And it was messy. No performance of the debut single. Promotional materials being outdated and/or not even being sent out. Shit could have been much tighter on the management side of things without Christina having to do much more than she has.

Just look at Britney's marketing squad to see what a competent team can accomplish even with an act that's checked out....mentally, in Brit's case.

I agree in the sense that Christina is personally not into it anymore. That much was obvious this era. ;_____; Lotus didn't so much flop as much as she did absolutely nothing to push it. She's kinda over the hustle, and I can't really blame her. She's experienced top level success; she's got her man and child, and she's set for life. She pretty much has everything she's ever wanted right now. Can't really blame her for wanting to check out.

I just want her to get better management so that when she does release albums shit isn't so damn messy. And it was messy. No performance of the debut single. Promotional materials being outdated and/or not even being sent out. Shit could have been much tighter on the management side of things without Christina having to do much more than she has.

Just look at Britney's marketing squad to see what a competent team can accomplish even with an act that's checked out....mentally, in Brit's case.

I don't think Christina's marketing efforts were messy because there weren't any marketing efforts. There was no real promo engine aside from a performance here and there, but there was never a sense of an itinerary being there. If there was one then yes, they fucked it up. But I think whatever "promo" they planned did what it did because the "promo" was almost non-existent. They did what they planned and what they planned was really not that much. And I put the blame on Christina's complacency and not just her team's incompetence. She has a big enough name to book gigs all over television but it was obvious that she wasn't really interested. It's either contentment with what she has now or a deluded view of herself. Either way I'm kinda over it.

As long as she makes more albums like B2B and Lotus I'm happy.

EDIT: Britney's team will always forge a promo path for her, no matter how small-scale it was. Their marketing efforts for Blackout and Circus were small but they did well enough for her. I don't know if Britney has much fire to be at the mainstream helm but the team that she's stuck with from the beginning obviously wanna make sure that she is. I feel like Christina's team just does exactly what Christina tells them.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I don't think Christina's marketing efforts were messy because there weren't any marketing efforts. There was no real promo engine aside from a performance here and there, but there was never a sense of an itinerary being there. If there was one then yes, they fucked it up. But I think whatever "promo" they planned did what it did because the "promo" was almost non-existent. They did what they planned and what they planned was really not that much. And I put the blame on Christina's complacency and not just her team's incompetence. She has a big enough name to book gigs all over television but it was obvious that she wasn't really interested. It's either contentment with what she has now or a deluded view of herself. Either way I'm kinda over it.

As long as she makes more albums like B2B and Lotus I'm happy.

EDIT: Britney's team will always forge a promo path for her, no matter how small-scale it was. Their marketing efforts for Blackout and Circus were small but they did well enough for her. I don't know if Britney has much fire to be at the mainstream helm but the team that she's stuck with from the beginning obviously wanna make sure that she is. I feel like Christina's team just does exactly what Christina tells them.

I agree completely that there was simply no effort from anyone in Lotus or Bionic. Christina even when people might be mocking her for her flops she is happy with the money she has and keeps on getting for simple appearances and TV shows and small gigs every now and then. She has enough of money still and makes money out of some events so its not like the world ends for her. She has kids which clearly its showing more interest in raising them than performing. If she wants to make a real comeback I know she could probably do so

BTW I would prefer more B2B and Stripped.

SaintZ

Happy New Year Popgaf!

Been super busy dealing with the fucking bank, taking flights and eating like there's no tomorrow, hopefully y'all had an awesome night.

And yes, Avrallah will slay of course.

ix3zmStpE6SDk.gif

Bladenic

Koodo I trust you've seen that Skyfall passed 1 billion worldwide, and that it passed Breaking Dawn Part 2 in the US. Deserved tbh. When will lesser Bond films tbh

tumblr_m0xrbly8GV1qa0bapo2_250.gif

botty

Banned
What are you talking about? I've heard Avril's music and it sucks. How is that judging her future work? It's showing doubt for it, but not judging it. Try harder.

Have you actually listened to enough Avril songs to say her music sucks? It sounds like you might have heard 2-3 songs, and made a judgement call.

I see this often in here tbh. It's even done by some so-called stans who claim that a person's music is good, even though they don't listen to it.

islTXBRnt2nq1.gif

Satch

Banned
koo's description of smirnoff ice as a (´ー`)┌ drink was spot on

im drinking it now and

well

(´ー`)┌

botty

Banned
Artemisia, I figured last night you would have learned not to reach. Especially when you don't have your group to co-sign.

i0uAw4Ms9FnUz.gif

Vazra

Have you actually listened to enough Avril songs to say her music sucks? It sounds like you might have heard 2-3 songs, and made a judgement call.

I see this often in here tbh. It's even done by some so-called stans who claim that a person's music is good, even though they don't listen to it.

islTXBRnt2nq1.gif

I loved Avril "Let Go" and liked the one that came next after that I think it was named "Under My Skin". "Best Damn Thing" was garbage and from the bits I heard of "Goodbye Lullaby" it seemed meh for most of the part. She has a unique sounding voice but her latest endeavors have been not so good for her. Doesnt help her public image has easily been drag to the ground by her bitchy "Punk" personality of her which simply takes away respect from her. (I did like the fight with Hilary Duffus tho)

botty

Banned
I loved Avril "Let Go" and liked the one that came next after that I think it was named "Under My Skin". Best Damn Thing was garbage and from the bits I heard of Goodbye Lullaby it seemed meh for most of the part. She has a unique sounding voice but her latest endeavors have been not so good for her. Doesnt help her public image has easily been drag to the ground by her bitchy "Punk" personality of her which simply takes away part of the appeal. (I did like the fight with Hilary Duffus tho)

Yes, "Under My Skin" is Avril's magnum opus. And her other works have been lessors. Though she does have hints of good songs amongst the trash that have been her last two albums.

I still wouldn't consider her music as a whole bad, though.

islTXBRnt2nq1.gif

Vazra

Yes, "Under My Skin" is Avril's magnum opus. And her other works have been lessors. Though she does have hints of good songs among the trash that have been her last two albums.

I still wouldn't consider her music as a whole bad, though.

islTXBRnt2nq1.gif

I think she just lost touch with her music after "Under My Skin" her first 2 albums were consistent with the second being better than the first by a little more polish. She then went into experimenting with more playful pop with the best damn thing which it was a success with "Girlfriend" (which I hate with passion) but after that does anyone else remember what else was a hit from there? and I dont remember hearing anything from "Goodbye Lullaby" on radio. Looking on Wiki apparently the last album was the weakest debut for her so we'll see if she tries to polish up her work better this time.

botty

Banned
I think she just lost touch with her music after "Under My Skin" her first 2 albums were consistent with the second being better than the first by a little more polish. She then went into experimenting with more playful pop with the best damn thing which it was a success with "Girlfriend" (which I hate with passion) but after that does anyone else remember what else was a hit from there? and I dont remember hearing anything from "Goodbye Lullaby" on radio. Looking on Wiki apparently the last album was the weakest debut for her so we'll see if she tries to polish up her work better this time.

Not to sound like an emo kid, but I did enjoy her music when it was darker and sad. I think she is better, lyrically, when the themes of her songs come from a less bubbly place. Songs like "My Happy Ending," and "Nobody's Home" are extremely impressive for a sophomore album.

I feel like she has become a Canadian Taylor Swift as of late...

ibTUSUiQaO0GM.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom