• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
Him winning just ONE grammy would kill you, I bet

And yeah, he's definitely going to win AT LEAST ONE

Can't wait for the massacre
iof521YBfrN3M.gif

Let's look at his nominations for a sec...

Album of the Year

Record of the Year

Best New Artist

Best Urban Contemporary Album

Best Rap/Sung collaboration

Best Short Form Music Video

If you think Francis is going to sweep these awards, you are in for a SURPRISE.

402739116.jpg

Nemesis_

Yes, but two of the ones he is nominated for are just as a featured artist... along side like two other featured artist.

Oh, well if the fighters can pretend that featuring on a song makes it theirs then let the Francis stans have their moment.

xo

ipAEt9nVnXF4l.gif

Trigger

This is so much better than BBD, and the other shit she has been releasing lately. This is a bop.

edit: Wait it's a diss track. How are you going to rush a diss track out, but not rush out songs for your stans?

:scust:

This is Azealia we're talking about. I'm pretty sure at this point the best way to get her release her album quicker is to beef with her on twitter about it.

She never will and the public will never check for her again. She got lucky and never capitalized on it. Even Kotaku of all websites was stanning 212. Broke with Basic Taste is going to come out, flop, and she will Kreayshawn her way to a McDonalds.

I wish there were more diss tracks in the pop world- and not just breakup songs. I want to hear P!nk go IN on Xtina (it would be doubly funny because Xtina would be all Idontknowher.gif) or maybe have Mariah drag Nicki in song form (Obsessed is a good starting point). The Wanted and One Direction could have the most hilarious boyband feud of all time if they took their beef to the studio. Mandy Moore and Jessica Simpson and Willa Ford could duke it out in a "Britney-clone" war two decades late. Jessie J and Katy Perry could have the most basic feud since, well...Azealia and Jim Jones. It would be marvelous.

Madonna's Express Yourself/Born This Way thing could spark the fuse to something amazing. Now all we need is for Gaga to #CLAPBACK.

royalan

I wish there were more diss tracks in the pop world- and not just breakup songs. I want to hear P!nk go IN on Xtina (it would be doubly funny because Xtina would be all Idontknowher.gif) or maybe have Mariah drag Nicki in song form (Obsessed is a good starting point). The Wanted and One Direction could have the most hilarious boyband feud of all time if they took their beef to the studio. Mandy Moore and Jessica Simpson and Willa Ford could duke it out in a "Britney-clone" war two decades late. Jessie J and Katy Perry could have the most basic feud since, well...Azealia and Jim Jones. It would be marvelous.

Madonna's Express Yourself/Born This Way thing could spark the fuse to something amazing. Now all we need is for Gaga to #CLAPBACK.

LMAO!!!!

But I always thought Jessica was more of an Xtina clone...:-/

SaintZ

What happened to Willa Ford, anyway? I mean Jessica is busy getting pregnant and Mandy switched to acting but Willa...? I only know her as Nick Carter's ex tbh.

ETA: Wiki says she's acting. Eaux.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_

No thank you, the media already tries to pit each girl in the game against each other. They are here to make pop music and sell not to satisfy our interest for stan wars

Kyon

Banned
No thank you, the media already tries to pit each girl in the game against each other. They are here to make pop music and sell not to satisfy our interest for stan wars

Mari you are so ARTICULATE and UNDERSTANDING. Much like our Queen. Bless

ibdI45f08pvs7Z.gif

Nemesis_

It's not always solely the media to blame tbh, let's not pretend artists don't decide to randomly come for other artists all the time (and not necessarily exclusive to a televised broadcast)

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
It's not always solely the media to blame tbh, let's not pretend artists don't decide to randomly come for other artists all the time (and not necessarily exclusive to a televised broadcast)

I know Madonna is a mess but some artist would rather not get into beef and breed compassion instead
a20869ce.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
Billboard.biz said:
Aguilera is mainly TV draw these days. She reportedly is making $10 million this season on "The Voice." Aguilera's latest album, "Lotus," was released on November 13 and has sold 182,000 units and 687,000 tracks, according to Nielsen SoundScan. Her previous release, the 2010 album "Bionic," has sold 314,000 units and 1.15 million tracks to date. Aguilera has been an infrequent touring artist in recent years. Her "Back to Basics" tour in 2006-2007 grossed $48.2 million, according to Billboard Boxscore. Her 2010 "Bionic" tour was cut short in part due to poor ticket sales.

182k for Lotus so far
314k for Bionic LTD

Tragic Lotus.

iHHwhwqePtfDf.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
sis the album is the most acclaimed of the year and he is up for 6 grammys

lana is constantly attacked by the media and has no grammy noms

iApekwrYemMSH.gif

Whenever the media is talking about Lana, the first thing that is usually brought up about her is her image and how "fake" people think she is (at least in America). That already makes the stupid journalists doubtful of her music and thus they will be biased against it. In the same manner, Frank is usually introduced with his sexuality and how brave he is for having opened up in the R&B industry. What a positive and amazing man for doing what he did, huh? Not like fake manufactured Lana.

I am almost certain that music is not the entire reason for Frank Ocean's critical acclaim and America's ignorance toward Lana Del Rey.

where is the popular discussion of born to die? stuck between sepia filtered walls of tumblr and instagram.

iApekwrYemMSH.gif

Tumblr has just embraced Lana because she looks fucking fabulous.

Popular discussion? Do you mean recognition from the general public?

Let's see, Lana has won a BRIT Award, EMA Award, GQ's Woman of the Year, an Ivor Novello Award, and 3 GAFFA Prize awards. Amazon considers her Pop Artist of the year. Not only that, but she has also won quite a few reader polls (popjustic, POPGAF, idolator etc.) and has been recognized in some magazines (V, SPIN, etc.). I think I forgot to mention that she has the 4th best selling album of 2012.

Stuck in tumblr my ass.

iiktGYZDzgzkb.gif

Nemesis_

Lana can look fucking FLAWLESS in a sweater and jeans.

Who else though

iiTudUmr71oLl.gif

I know it's irrelevant to the discussion but she is just so beautiful icant

Her tour only grossed 48 mil. That's good but not comparable to the heavy hitters. And this was back when she had a successful album. It's over.

ihcBZNOYmSKT5.gif

Who's tour?

iiTudUmr71oLl.gif

royalan

Her tour only grossed 48 mil. That's good but not comparable to the heavy hitters. And this was back when she had a successful album. It's over.

ihcBZNOYmSKT5.gif

The tour grossed closer to 60 mil. This number misses the last leg of the tour. In 2007, it was enough to make it one of the top grossing tours of the year.

She would have grossed more too...but she had to cancel about 9 dates due to being pregnant with Max ;___;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom