• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

cory64

iw32btwQEs2pv.gif
For potential applicants:
Navy_Recruitment_Promo_Winter_12-13.mp4

Those numbers are already out of date.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Those numbers are already out of date.

I know. She slays so hard that the numbers constantly have to be updated. another 2 million records sold and 100 million views on YT since the Diamonds performance.

Didn't Taylor do this... the day her album released... with like multiple songs?

b80efe23.gif

iQQaAXtdqBk2f.gif

Again botty, why should the #NAVY be worried about a song that's been in the top 10 for 3 months is now suddenly at #11?

botty

Banned
Again botty, why should the #NAVY be worried about a song that's been in the top 10 for 3 months is now suddenly at #11?

Rihanna is not having another Diamonds moment this era. The Navy needs this song in the same way CRJ needed Call Me Maybe.

edit: unless she released NB as a single.

Bladenic

I don't think that there's another Diamonds sized hit on Unapologetic, but I could be wrong. It's all up to how DJ handles it though. They kind of ruined TTT's potential.

royalan

I blame Britney for this trend of using "teasers" to excessively hype what will inevitably be a disappointing and stupid video.

Majmun

I really can't at the Carry Basicwood stan calling Bey ugly.

You really can't come for Bey's looks with something like Carry

Trigger

Carrie is pretty average looking, but that's part of her appeal IMO. I'd rather date a woman who looks and seems down to earth.

Yeah, I can't come for Carrie's looks. They are really the only thing the Carrie stans can cling to. Without them it'd be all the more painfully evident how redundant she is now that we have Kelly, Taylor, and Miranda.

Bladenic

Yeah, I can't come for Carrie's looks. They are really the only thing the Carrie stans can cling to. Without them it'd be all the more painfully evident how redundant she is now that we have Kelly, Taylor, and Miranda.

Taylor? Now sis..

The other two I agree with though. Miranda is a much better country artist despite her weaker voice.

Bladenic

I don't like saying it either, but if you think about it Carrie is being clocked threeways. Kelly and Taylor clock her in Pop, Taylor and Miranda clock her in Country. It's a bit sad.

Are we talking success? Because in that case only Taylor clocks her. If were talking talent, then Taylor does not clock anyone (except maybe song writing but Miranda kind of beats her there too).

royalan

I was mostly speaking musically. Carrie sounds like she's a distilled approximation of the other 3 girls, never quite striking out on her own.

I agree with this.

Not knocking Carrie's talent, as she's a great singer and I use approximately two of her songs (Before He Cheats and Last Name). But she's incredibly underdeveloped as an artist, always has been, and I've always said that her success was due in major part to the fact that she debuted at a time when there wasn't shit worth considering as competition in Women's Country. It was the perfect time for her.

However, now that there's loads of competition, she's getting clocked left and right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom