• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

I always assumed Carrie was a bigger name in country than Miranda. I suppose that shows how little attention I really pay to the genre.

Bladenic

I always assumed Carrie was a bigger name in country than Miranda. I suppose that shows how little attention I really pay to the genre.

She is a bigger name in terms of success and about equal on awards. Miranda's been sweeping country awards with her last two albums, while Carrie swept before. Miranda's more of a critical darling.

royalan

Sales - Taylor Swift
Critical Reception - Miranda Lambert
Looks - Well, nobody. Female country is kinda ho-hum in the looks department at the moment.
Talent - Carrie Underwood on sheer vocal ability, but as an all-around artist several women in the game completely clock her, including the two mentioned in this post.

Carrie Underwood just doesn't stand out in any way now that she has actual competition to deal with.

Bladenic

Sales - Taylor Swift
Critical Reception - Miranda Lambert
Looks - Well, nobody. Female country is kinda ho-hum in the looks department at the moment.
Talent - Carrie Underwood on sheer vocal ability, but as an all-around artist several women in the game completely clock her, including the two mentioned in this post.

Carrie Underwood just doesn't stand out in any way now that she has actual competition to deal with.

Pretty much. Except Carrie is definitely the winner in looks.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Miranda has a bigger head. Charlie Brown sized head.

She is the Rihanna head of Country
ibs5moXOoopm1F.gif

botty

Banned
Taylor Swift takes a shit on Xtina, stop crying royalan.

Lotus is a piece of shit and Red is amazing. Swift also gets laid on a daily basis while Xtina lays on her used, bloody tampons.

She doesn't forget, and she doesn't forgive.
7hDRi.jpg

Vazra

Not even her flawless song about getting revenge on a cheating man?

lTRUk.gif

If you were someone else you would have gotten me a Youtube link to enlighten me.
iBVRVWVgFOzt0.gif

Don't hate. Many famous women have a five finger forehead.

I ain't hating Rihanna its successful on her genre and Miranda its another successful woman on her genre , both with big heads. Nothing wrong with that.

ibrBzovf68fnHT.gif

Vazra

Lets go through it.
ib2Igeuui4fQO1.gif

The song its good but thats about it. It sound similiar to another song by another artist I can't pick up the name. Vocally she its pretty good at least studio version sounds pretty good since I havent bothered with live performances. The lyrics are not bad but nothing out of this world. Its a good song I probably won't skip if it were on the radio but not something I would go crazy about.

Thanks for the link btw sis!

iE5Heb6F9jxFh.gif

The song its good but thats about it. It sound similiar to another song by another artist I can't pick up the name. Vocally she its pretty good at least studio version sounds pretty good since I havent bothered with live performances. The lyrics are not bad but nothing out of this world. Its a good song I probably won't skip if it were on the radio but not something I would go crazy about.
That sounds like a review for a lot of generic pop songs (i.e. Madonna's songs), tbh.

Vazra

I hope with her getting big endorsements it doesn't allow different producers to start making her music and fucking up her sound.

As long as she keeps the roots she can do anything. I liked the dance one that was posted here and you can still tell it was Lana. As long as they dont get the generic hit makers to mess with her stuff I think all its good. Afterall what made Lana famous was her sound so its expected to do more of her unique stuff than actually throw her on the bandwagon with all the other sound alikes trying to taste the glory the popular ones are doing.

SaintZ

Yes.

Cola video coming soon to a YouTube near you.
I know there's some twitter hype surrounding the video but I don't think anything has been said about when it was going to be filmed or anything :/ I hope it comes soon tbh.

Also, who's this Miranda chick? I only know Carrie because of AI but I haven't heard any song of hers tbh (but I'm not in the US either :p).

Bladenic

I know there's some twitter hype surrounding the video but I don't think anything has been said about when it was going to be filmed or anything :/ I hope it comes soon tbh.

Also, who's this Miranda chick? I only know Carrie because of AI but I haven't heard any song of hers tbh (but I'm not in the US either :p).

Miranda Lambert is a critically acclaimed country singer. I like country so I like her quite a bit.

Where are you from btw

Vazra

You havent report me anything about AHS.

What's going on with you?

SaintZ

Miranda Lambert is a critically acclaimed country singer. I like country so I like her quite a bit.

Where are you from btw
I'm from Mexico, currently living in Mexico City. I'll check some songs of Miranda and Carrie too see what's up.

The only country singer I know is Martina McBride lol.
You havent report yourself about AHS.

What's going on with you?
I plan doing so. I finally watched all the episodes so far last night. Trying to digest it still D:

Vazra

American is such a good song. I was always meh on Cola.

Cola its not a bad song but its probably the weakest song in Paradise EP. American its that other song that needs a music video because its IMO one of the best songs along ride and some others I like from there.

Reba Mcentire
Dixie Chicks
Billy Ray Cyrus
Blake Shelton
Miranda Lambert
Keith Urban
Taylor Swift
Kenny Chesney

Those are the ones I recognize from country.

SaintZ

Oh no wonder you like Inna, she seems to be decently popular there :p
Yes. The Romanian Queen has been visiting the city quite often since the end of 2011. She recorded some songs for her new album here too IIRC.
Cola its not a bad song but its probably the weakest song in Paradise EP. American its that other song that needs a music video because its IMO one of the best songs along ride and some others I like from there.
Lana mentioned she wanted to make a film with all the songs of Paradise didn't she? Or was it only with American and Gods and Monsters? Idk she was talking with Anthony Mandler to make it happen.

Oh I started watching "Before He Cheats" on YT and all I can see is Carrie's forehead thanks to all the comments here RIP.

Vazra

Yes. The Romanian Queen has been visiting the city quite often since the end of 2011. She recorded some songs for her new album here too IIRC.

Lana mentioned she wanted to make a film with all the songs of Paradise didn't she? Or was it only with American and Gods and Monsters? Idk she was talking with Anthony Mandler to make it happen.

Oh I started watching "Before He Cheats" on YT and all I can see is Carrie's forehead thanks to all the comments here RIP.

If she does videos for all the songs awesome if I had to choose some Cola wouldn't be one of the list tbh.

Bladenic

Have you seen her live?

And I think I told you but she announced the title of her third album. Now we just need a date.

SaintZ

Have you seen her live?

And I think I told you but she announced the title of her third album. Now we just need a date.
I haven't ;___; Last time she had a concert here was in September but I was broke so I couldn't go (some people I know weren't too impressed with her tho. Apparently she didn't have enough material ready and had to sing some songs twice which I found odd). She uploaded a video of her most recent visit and concert to YT.

And yeah I think you told me the title of the third album before. I know the lead single "More Than Friends" is a collab with Daddy Yankee too.
WaQ68.gif
I expect a bop lbr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom