• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Please stop infecting this thread with that virus and gifs that feature her.

http://i.minus.com/ibfO7XtIkIgZRu.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Not going to give that cunt Olivia more promo. She wasn't paying Taylor dust, she always does that stupid thing where she thinks she's funny if she looks stone-faced while other people act normally. She did it on Attack of the Show relentlessly and it's fucking annoying.

My record isn't that bad. Let us revisit some of my prediction tea from early last year:

CrystalBall-1-web.gif

Oh wait...nevermind, Beyonce is doomed.

Well, you were right about Gaga :)

Creative Artists Agency signed Brit.

Not sure if this confirms the Las Vegas residency rumor or the Sitcom thing. Observing every little detail *.*

Madonna turned down a $1 Billion, 5 year residency in Vegas. Britney should turn it down too, it's a bad idea unless you're being wheeled to the bin ala Celine and Cher.

Ties

Banned
Is that Olivia Munn LMAO?

Also

Creative Artists Agency signed Brit.

Not sure if this confirms the Las Vegas residency rumor or the Sitcom thing. Observing every little detail *.*
Oh, she lives here then if the rumors are true.
*.*

Also, I like T-ara's stuff. I don't watch Korean idol groups live, they all think they're serving when they aren't (ex. 2NE1'S 2011 MAMA performance was a mess)
rip_zpsec10ede9.gif
. And I really want to get into the guy groups because I find TOP and Taeyang to be absolutely adorable, I've been eying the both of them for quite some time now. And Lollipop came for discographies on first listen.
7732f81d.png

I've been trying to get into SNSD for the longest time but the only songs of theirs that I legitimately bop to are Gee! and Paparazzi. I'm here to be introduced to more Perfume and capsule esque K-Pop groups though.
*.*

At any rate, DMJ, I feel as if you're going to be disappointed with the Navy on ATRL simply because they just take stanning too far. ATRL has annoyed me to the point where stan culture no longer appeals to me other than Pop-GAF. EDIT: Also the Base is full of messy, messy people. I'd avoid going there if I were you! ~

I've been trying to get into SNSD for the longest time but the only songs of theirs that I legitimately bop to is Gee! and Paparazzi. I'm here to be introduced to more Perfume and capsule esque K-Pop groups though.
*.*

Their first Japanese album should be your first stop for some good SNSD music

Bad Girl

The Great Escape

(terrible quality)

As for the LEGENDARY (and better than most faves) Perfume/Capsule/Kyary trifecta.. I wouldn't know where to begin *.*

What about Shania?

;_;

She was already in it at that stage ;)

royalan

Olivia Munn is a Queen and the haters WILL deal.

FICzU.gif

It's no surprise that PRESSEDT Attack of the Show and all of G4 tanked and imploded after she left to pursue an actual career.

royalan

I thought she was on AOTS till it ended?

No. She dropped the show like a bad habit back in 2010 (I think). Then they hired this boring chick who's name I can't remember who was completely unfunny and so skinny she made Taylor Swift look like Aretha Franklin.

Ratings dropped like Taylor Swift's panties in the presence of B-list male celebrities.

The network is now no more.

DMeisterJ

Banned
It's no surprise that PRESSEDT Attack of the Show and all of G4 tanked and imploded after she left to pursue an actual career.

And her career has consisted of being a costar or afterthought in many movies.

What a 'career'. Her most recent movie grossed 7k at the box office this year. Yes, that's right 7k. She's a joke in hollywood relegated to starring in flops or being a backup star in successful movies.

Trigger

I like Olivia Munn. I appreciate that she understands her appeal and tries to work it. She was the best thing on that Newsroom show (from what little I saw) to boot.

Nemesis_

At least she had the foresight to carry a spare tampon around in those days.

iccjL5zsRsyid.gif

I like Olivia Munn. I appreciate that she understands her appeal and tries to work it. She was the best thing on that Newsroom show (from what little I saw) to boot.

What? You mean you like the way she uses the fact she's a female in the video gaming "industry" to appeal to her male fans? I've never been one of those people who cries SEXISM and FEMINISM but really?

royalan

And her career has consisted of being a costar or afterthought in many movies.

What a 'career'. Her most recent movie grossed 7k at the box office this year. Yes, that's right 7k. She's a joke in hollywood relegated to starring in flops or being a backup star in successful movies.

Well, I can't really argue about her box office performance, except to say she's at least had a ROLE in several successful films. But she's doing fine on television. Her character on The Newsroom has been consistently praised as one of the show's best. Although that show has a heap of other problems.

Still, I bet pretty much everyone at G4 wishes they had her level of non-success right about now.

v8n6P.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
Let's dive into Olivia's Filmography.

She had a background role in Magic Mike, which gave her a few speaking lines. The movie was largely successful, but it had nothing to do with her. She was the lead in The Babymakers, and that was a certified flop. She had a main role in I don't know how she does it, and that flopped, and then she has a movie that has been in post-production for two years where she was in a supporting role.

She also had a lead role on an NBC sitcom that failed to make it past it's original 13-episode order, and now she finally has a supporting role on a TV show that hasn't been cancelled yet, but since it was written and created by Aaron Sorkin, it's not like that was going to happen.

What an amazing career.

I worship Beyonce but I wouldn't even listen to any new Destiny's Child material. Like I wouldn't even make an attempt to listen to it. I'm that oblivious to DC. Lol

Bladenic

I liked Munn in her guest role in New Girl. Haven't watched Newsroom yet.

However, trying to come for her for her still fledgling career is dumb. Given where she started at, her career is actually quite commendable so far, and she's only been an actress for ~3 years. Like Roy said, everyone else on G4/AOTS would kill for her career.

Again, I'm not saying she's some huge star, but given her beginnings, she's done pretty damn well for herself.

Honey Bunny

Oh, she lives here then if the rumors are true.
*.*

Also, I like T-ara's stuff. I don't watch Korean idol groups live, they all think they're serving when they aren't (ex. 2NE1'S 2011 MAMA performance was a mess)
rip_zpsec10ede9.gif
. And I really want to get into the guy groups because I find TOP and Taeyang to be absolutely adorable, I've been eying the both of them for quite some time now. And Lollipop came for discographies on first listen.
7732f81d.png

I've been trying to get into SNSD for the longest time but the only songs of theirs that I legitimately bop to are Gee! and Paparazzi. I'm here to be introduced to more Perfume and capsule esque K-Pop groups though.
*.*

T-ara are fucking patrish, no better group in kpop. You've done good.

B-Dex

In 21 hours i will be BORN AGAIN. My life has no meaning right now tho... I don't even feel like playing any games. I am too excited for the ball tomorrow night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom