• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

Oh, botty, I forgot to respond to you. I use I Care, Best Thing I Never Had, Rather Die Young, Love On Top, Countdown, End of Time, and Schoolin' Life.

Yes.

I agreed with this:

That’s my main problem: of all the things you could possibly discuss about that profile, Freeman chose to focus on the most boring one. I mean, of course Beyoncé is half-naked on the cover of GQ. Kinda like how she is in many of her music videos. Kinda like basically every other pop star today. It’s one thing to bemoan the fact the fact that the sexist objectification machine is so extreme that even women who are famous for other things, like, say, playing sports or being pundits, are often sexualized by others or sexualize themselves. Even in the latter case, though, I’d generally recommend not being a judgmental, slut-shaming asshole towards other women, since, ya know, the whole point is that there is strong cultural pressure to conform to this expectation. But pop stars? Please. Beyoncé’s image–which, yes, is damn sexy–is part of her multimillion-dollar career. Call me if Hillary Clinton starts doing strip dances for the Austrian ambassador or something, and maybe we’ll stage a feminist intervention.​

And this is what I was talking about: For you, Christina doing the exact - lightening aside - same things when posing for men's magazines doesn't seem to make you think she's hypocritical when she's either talked about similar issues or written songs about it. Why not?

It's simple: Christina's not a hypocrite. Christina takes ownership.

Of course, Christina wears skimpy clothing (or no clothing at all), has posed for men's magazines and has plenty of songs about raunchy sex. But she owns this, and it is through this ownership that she flexes her own brand of power. Xtina is not the only one who does this. Britney owns it (or did). Gaga owns it. Madonna owns it. Rihanna owns it. Lana Del Rey owns it. Hell, fucking Ke$ha owns it. I think Xtina, above most, has made it a fundamental pillar of who she is, but I won't try to say she's the only one.

However, one thing Xtina does not do, and that Beyonce apparently can't stop doing, is sexually objectifying herself while constantly claiming a false moral high ground. Therein lies the difference, and it's an important one. It's what makes Xtina a certified Bad Bitch and Beyonce a hypocrite, a sham and a fucking disgrace.

Beyonce is constantly in a state of wanting to be seen as a pillar of class, humility and propriety one week, and smearing her Illuminati-encrusted labia across my flat screen the next week. She has written songs and given interviews where she has prided herself on being a different type of female that doesn't have to stoop to peddling her goodies to get attention, all the while hoping the world doesn't realize that she has songs, videos and photo spreads where she does exactly that. well, sorry Beyonce, but that makes you a liar and a fake, and some of us aren't too far up your ass to call you out on it. If Beyonce wants to pop her pussy to the beat of an 808 to make her mark, so be it. Go right ahead and exercise your rights, girlfriend. But she does not get to claim to be a different type of star than the girls who pop their twats for coins and have the balls to be upfront about that. And she certainly doesn't have the wherewithal to bitch and moan about men defining sexy and the sexual objectification of women while directly contributing to that reality without being called out for being a hypocrite. That's what makes Beyonce different from the other pop stars. She tries to have her cake and eat it, too.

And these two twits have the nerve to talk about Beyonce and agency? This is the woman who had to invent a bullshit alter-ego to explain away her provocative stage acts. Because, you know, it couldn't be Beyonce. No, she's too innocent. It's Sasha Fierce.

And it's funny that you agree with the part of that article that I take the most issue with, because it asserts this bullshit idea that Beyonce should be given a pass for making her ass clap on my television screen because she's doing it "for her career." I'm sorry, but statements like those are just misguided and silly; and they're the kinds of statements that anti-feminists look to when they wanted to make the false claim that the modern feminist movement is less about being pro-women and more about being anti-men. It's obvious that Beyonce twerks for top 10 singles and to further her career. The part that I'm missing is where someone's putting a gun up to her fucking head and forcing her to do it.

Knock Knock Ding Dong Extra Extra Read All About It: Beyonce is making the choice to bill herself as a sex kitten and splay her breasts across magazine covers. No one's forcing her to do it and, more importantly, it's not as if this is the only avenue by which a talented female can become successful in this business. There are PLENTY of female entertainers who have achieved success in this industry without going nude at the sight of a flash bulb. Again, I reiterate that there is nothing wrong with being provocative, I for one think that there is GREAT power in it. But there's everything wrong with being provocative and trying to act like you're better than or that you're not contributing to "the problem" or that it's somehow "different" when you do it. And that's really what that "she does it for her career" bullshit is: people making up an excuse to continue to hold Beyonce up on a pedestal and claim that she's "classy" and different from all the Ke$ha's of the world when, really, she's exactly the same. Oh, poor Beyonce. She has to be super sexy and skanky to further her career in the male-dominated industry. She's really not like this, she just has to do these things to get ahead. Ch...please

normal_Spirit.jpg

Meanwhile, my flawless fave remains an agenda-less vision of classy elegance.

Majmun

Lol at royalancé's continuous hissy fits about Bey.

I don't see any issues with her behaviour. She's an artist. They can do a lot of things when it comes to image and people don't have the right to judge them.

How many classy actresses have played a slutty role or have been totally nude on screen? In the end, it's just a role and you can't judge them for playing the game or doing their work.

Beyoncé has never acted like a ratchet mess in real life or dressed like a total ho in her private pics. That's why people say she's humble and a good example for women, because irl she probably is...

Her posing for men's magazines and shooting sexy clips, or doing sexy dance routines is just her work. You can't judge her when she does that. It's her work as an entertainer. And she definitely understands how to do her work when looking at her $350.000.000 net worth...

Her posing for men's magazines and shooting sexy clips, or doing sexy dance routines is just her work. You can't judge her when she does that. It's her work as an entertainer. And she definitely understands how to do her work when looking at her $350.000.000 net worth...

Who runs the world?

Money, apparently.

It's taking a small community of PR and corporate leaders, product placement and her getting her arse out just to get her superbowl/corporate sponsorship off the ground and into the spotlight.

I think Madonna just did an interview for the NHL and accepted a Golden Globe. Class act.

Beula is an embarrassment to the working woman.

Majmun

Who runs the world?

Money, apparently.

It's taking a small community of PR and corporate leaders, product placement and her getting her arse out just to get her superbowl/corporate sponsorship off the ground and into the spotlight.

I think Madonna just did an interview for the NHL and accepted a Golden Globe. Class act.

Beula is an embarrassment to the working woman.

The Hag has nothing to work with. Don't think a modern magazine would ever call her the most sexy woman...in anything.

Bey being picked by GQ as the most sexy woman of the 21th century, and posing sexy on the cover is not worth getting your blood pressure raised up...

Kyon

Banned
The Hag has nothing to work with. Don't think a modern magazine would ever call her the most sexy woman...in anything.

Bey being picked by GQ as the most sexy woman of the 21th century, and posing sexy on the cover is not worth getting your blood pressure raised up...

He was talking about the SuperBowl promo

DMeisterJ

Banned
Its time to return these updates to their true form instead of posting silly numbers that have nothing to do with the era's true intention

Rihanna, Chris Brown Have A New Collaboration On The Way

Rihanna spotted arriving at CB's house, probably for some midnight pencil sharpening

normal_6~63.jpg

ifwbirCZHIAvS.gif

I already posted that they were working together yesterday. Apparently it's for his new album. I guess the news here is that she was at his house last night, but we've known that he's been dicking her down for months.

ifwbirCZHIAvS.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
This is what you posted yesterday under an edit below a huge picture, basically hiding it

Rih was spotted leaving the studio and her and Chris were there. No word on what they were recording, or if they both were recording, but who really knows at this point.

My update is more of a confirmation

iRpA0IdsfCKOA.gif

royalan

My apologies. I wasn't aware that the label heads over at Columbia had hired goons to point AK 47's at Beyonce and force her to pop her pussy for the camera.

This is exactly my problem - people trying to come up with every excuse in the world for why the things Beyonce does "aren't her." It is her.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Phono found a hilarious and contradicting quote of Beyonka

She said: “I have a lot of property. I’ve invested my money and I don’t have to make any more, because I’m set. I’m now able really to be free and just do things that make me happy.”

looking at all the endorsements lately, can you spot the BS?
iUcl42jiTTT5Z.gif

botty

Banned
Beyoncé has never acted like a ratchet mess in real life or dressed like a total ho in her private pics. That's why people say she's humble and a good example for women, because irl she probably is...

Beyonce is from Houston, Texas and she is definitely a ratchet mess.

Honestly, I don't see how anyone could think otherwise... Beyonce is the girl who turned patting an itchy weave into music lyrics, and a form of choreography.

Pat your weaves ladies
pat pat
pat your weaves ladies watch it while he check up on it,
Pat your weaves ladies
pat pat
pat your weaves ladies watch it while he check up on it.

23n7N8u.gif

Just take a look at Beyonce pre-Single Ladies, in her career and real life, it is pretty evident she is ratchet (which is a good thing, cause I preferred ratchet Beyonce). Hopefully she brings some of that ratchetness back for her next album, or else I suppose she'll just have to flop again.

iReI9DtgAN14.gif

Bladenic

No lies Botty, B'Day was ratchet as fuck (which might be why I don't care for it).

Not to mention her lyrics during that era were the worst she's ever written.

DMeisterJ

Banned
No lies Botty, B'Day was ratchet as fuck (which might be why I don't care for it).

Not to mention her lyrics during that era were the worst she's ever written.

B-Day is everything to me. Ratchet Bey gives me life. "Ring the Alarm" and "Freakum Dress" are just so much ratchet fun

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
justkillmenowmsuze.png

thanks to the already iconic and legendary Scream and Shout, Will.i.am is probably heavily involved with Brits new album

you can thank the Kyons of the world for this
iyvM96Xlp0VaW.gif

royalan

justkillmenowmsuze.png

thanks to the already iconic and legendary Scream and Shout, Will.i.am is probably heavily involved with Brits new album

you can thank the Kyons of the world for this
iyvM96Xlp0VaW.gif

...from the wording of that tweet it sounds like Will.I.Am is the head producer completely in charge of shaping this album. Lord...how on EARTH did Will.I.Am book that gig?

ivZYPx4hjYd6u.gif

botty

Banned
There are three rap songs in the iTunes top 10. 4 if you include Jay-Z's verse on Suit and Tie.
Is urban music going to dominate radio again?

iseiXVroQm8rI.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
The already iconic and legendary Scream and Shout just wont let up

3 will.i.am - Scream & Shout (feat. Britney Spears) 0.6875
4 Justin Timberlake - Suit & Tie (feat. JAY Z) 0.6562

the fall just keeps coming

iRpA0IdsfCKOA.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
The already iconic and legendary Scream and Shout just wont let up

3 will.i.am - Scream & Shout (feat. Britney Spears) 0.6875
4 Justin Timberlake - Suit & Tie (feat. JAY Z) 0.6562

the fall just keeps coming

iRpA0IdsfCKOA.gif

Justin better start that promo. He might have missed his shot at #1 after this week.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
"Don't you worry, don't you worry, child.
See heaven's got a plan for you.
Don't you worry, don't you worry now."
Yeah!

WUB WUB WUB WUB
ib1BTZQuy0SDN8.gif

"Don't you worry, don't you worry, child.
See heaven's got a plan for you.
Don't you worry, don't you worry now."
Yeah!

The first time I heard this song, I thought the lyrics were:

"Don't you worry, don't you worry child
Ciara's got a plan for you"

It made me feel better about life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom