• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sales do go hand in hard with quality

tumblr_mg62v3gt0W1qcoe26o1_400.gif

iS7GT2QNApNBC.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I agree. I have no love for Madge but this one is a SIGNIFICANT step up from the standard Madge stans.

ibngEADc1wqg3l.gif

Queen Phono is the only respectable madonna stan here and the only one I actually bother paying attention to

He can clock in a way that makes me laugh while shading my fave, his relentlessness is everything
ipQcC95x0D30h.gif

Fey

Banned
Queen Phono is the only respectable madonna stan here and the only one I actually bother paying attention to

He can clock in a way that makes me laugh while shading my fave, his relentlessness is everything

i know you don't like me, marius
8f70c6ea.gif

ibngEADc1wqg3l.gif

ipQcC95x0D30h.gif

Lol my only issue with Phono (who is indeed ruthless) is her constant and aggrivating insistence on lying about sales and #'s
Which is kind of my obsession so I spot them right away.
which drives me up the wall.

The good sis is fun though.

I see this attempt to get me banned again. I will restrain myself. This time.

Kiiii

Majmun

I see that some of you are going to play Ni No Kuni.

You can give the monsters self-made names. Hmmm

I'm think I going to use botty's idea and give the monsters pop-gaf user names. Maybe...

Mumei

you poor thing. ;_; thinking that liking currently popular music makes one like music. i guess my dad hates music. and my mom. i should tell them the awful news.

in my ~10 days on gaf, i have praised many artists. madonna being the most because i like her the most. just like you and marius seem to like 1D and post about them a lot, too. i wonder what you'll be like in 2-3 years when 1D loses their almighty, all-important, you-hate-music-if-your-faves-don't-have-it relevancy. there, you randomly brought in my fave, i randomly brought in yours. xo

Oh, now your attempt at Beginner's Mariah Shade makes more sense.

Carry on. :)

none spotted as always

Random question. Is RED still not on spotify? Will it ever be ......or do we not know?

(Just noticed that thread on ATRL showing that she (IKYWT) has missed about on 3 weeks at #1 so far as a result of the new formula on hot 100 which gives more power to streaming.)

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Random question. Is RED still not on spotify? Will it ever be ......or do we not know?

(Just noticed that thread on ATRL showing that she has missed about on 3 weeks at #1 so far as a result of the new formula on hot 100 which gives more power to streaming.)

RED and Unapolopoop are still not on Spotify, the thirst for sales for the latter is real

ioq9DBzd5GuzQ.gif

RED and Unapolopoop are still not on Spotify, the thirst for sales for the latter is real

ioq9DBzd5GuzQ.gif

One would think that for two artists who have already made so much $$$ that legacies on the charts would be more important than than handful of sales gained by denying streaming.

But streaming counts toward chart performance, right?

Yes. Its 40% sales, 40% airplay, 20% streaming.

IKYWT would have been #1 the last 3 weeks except its not on spotify.

Fey

Banned
Oh, now your attempt at Beginner's Mariah Shade makes more sense.

Carry on. :)

i will properly come for mariah when the "first" single off her next album is successful and triumphant, which i'm expecting it to be since she needs AI. :)

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
But it's getting them sales

Bless her record label for understanding sales>>>fleeting chart positions.

She would have gotten those sales with streaming as well, she is Taylor Swift after all

but in the case of Rihanna is understandable since she is only able to chart due to radio play
777ff663.gif

Indeed. Chart positions are ultimately meaningless in the face of underwhelming sales (like Rihanna) or an utter lack of impact (like Rihanna).

Yes but Rihanna's situation just goes to show that choosing NOT to put your music on streaming services doesn't help sales.

So essentially you are trading away your chart positions for dust.

Kyon

Banned
She would have gotten those sales with streaming as well, she is Taylor swift after all

but in the case of Rihanna is understandable since she is only able to chart due to radio play
777ff663.gif

I c no lies. The rule change worked all in her favor. Get Dat promo Rih

Highest selling digital artist ever can only chart due to airplay.

Let that marinate.

I agree. Her digital singles sales have been fine and contributed to her #1's.

Her digital sales are in line with most relevant artists on a single by single basis......

"Highest selling ever" is due to the number of singles she has released. As far as I know WFL is her only song to have broken 4 million....which is big don't get me wrong....but not massive.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I like how chart positions have now ceased to matter once Rihanna clocked her #1 album and 12th #1 single.

Rihanna's impact in play I see. Or is it just the moving of goalposts... hmmmmm

I like how chart positions have now ceased to matter once Rihanna clocked her #1 album and 12th #1 single.

Rihanna's impact in play I see. Or is it just the moving of goalposts... hmmmmm

lol no one is moving the goal posts.... this discussion wasn't even about Rihanna except BOTH she and Taylor decided to avoid streaming services. Which didn't really seem to make any difference sales wise.

(Marius was just being cute by pretending that Rih doesn't sell singles.)

This era is doing fine for Rihanna. She deserved that #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom