• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually wouldn't change anything about the standard tracklist of 4. Thematically speaking, it's consistent and tells a story the whole way through (up until "I Was Here," at least).

The way I see it, the album's subject matter is roughly divided between a doomed and successful relationships. Tracks 1-4 deal with the failed relationship, and Tracks 5-10 deal with the fostering, maintenance and solidification of eternal love.

It's only fitting that 1+1 opens the album because it presents the concept of love in a very simplistic and mathematical way, and a successful relationship is anything but simple. This is why the second half of the album, dealing with success in love, takes about three songs of development and road bumps until she finally starts professing a deep attachment to the other person; this section is culminated with End of Time, the affirmation that she has indeed found eternal love.

I Was Here, though not exactly part of the prior narrative, nevertheless fits with the theme since a successful relationship could be taken as "leaving a mark" on this world. The one inconsistency seems to be Run The World, but I can't hate too much on a boppy album closer since I'm quite frankly sick of albums ending on a slow note.

And that is why 4 is her best album.
i7twyFNvkXuch.gif

Teach the chirren Koo!
iqwqnifRCwPgI.gif

botty

Banned
I actually wouldn't change anything about the standard tracklist of 4. Thematically speaking, it's consistent and tells a story the whole way through (up until "I Was Here," at least).

The way I see it, the album's subject matter is roughly divided between a doomed and successful relationships. Tracks 1-4 deal with the failed relationship, and Tracks 5-10 deal with the fostering, maintenance and solidification of eternal love.

It's only fitting that 1+1 opens the album because it presents the concept of love in a very simplistic and mathematical way, and a successful relationship is anything but simple. This is why the second half of the album, dealing with success in love, takes about three songs of development and road bumps until she finally starts professing a deep attachment to the other person; this section is culminated with End of Time, the affirmation that she has indeed found eternal love.

I Was Here, though not exactly part of the prior narrative, nevertheless fits with the theme since a successful relationship could be taken as "leaving a mark" on this world. The one inconsistency seems to be Run The World, but I can't hate too much on a boppy album closer since I'm quite frankly sick of albums ending on a slow note.

And that is why 4 is her best album.
i7twyFNvkXuch.gif

If consistency, and storytelling are what makes an album superior to its sibling albums, then does that make The Fame better than FM/BTW?

i9nopQ6HiO44T.gif

Twitter is fucking up, figures just as La Niña has passed or is very close to passing Gaga in followers

fxuh.gif

Let me go follow him.

iPM046tJB2g7m.gif

I am sure she will pass him again as ARTPOP gets closer.

He's not nearly as bad as I expected.

YEqnL.gif
I told you lol.

Honestly they shit all over 1D's X Factor performances.

(Though 1D was 16 at the time whereas Union J are all in the 20's with the exception of the strange looking one..... so you would expect them to be better.)

Koodo

Banned
If consistency, and storytelling are what makes an album superior to its sibling albums, then does that make The Fame better than FM/BTW?

i9nopQ6HiO44T.gif
You tried boo, but I'm not here for the música of Beyoka's previous albums. I suppose one could argue Kleptoncé does ratchet better than soulful balladry, and she should stick to the former, but I'm mostly not here for her sterile, Keedy Black-meets-Disney pussy bops.

There are far better acts to fold my pussy inside out to. Did I lie?

iGpnHtlrDGBS.gif

I had to suddenly pay attention to someone. BUT im here. Jaymi is amazing and people often question what George brings to everything but he has the cute factor that grabs girls.

Yeah I never watched the show, but I don't see why they added him other than to add variety to hair styles and to make them seem younger.

Delio

Yeah I never watched the show, but I don't see why they added him other than to add variety to hair styles and to make them seem younger.

Yeah they try to have them all act young (Like on their damn livestreams they do.) But only George pulls it off cause he IS young.

Mad Men is boring. Watch Breaking Bad or Walking Dead, if you must tune in to AMC. I echo the American Horror Story sentiments. Also, the Vampire Diaries, Supernatural, Shameless, Dexter, Sons of Anarchy, Archer, Spartacus, Teen Wolf, Scandal, Doctor Who (UK), Being Human (US & UK), Misfits (UK), ....

SaintZ

I taught you well. *Squeals*
You did tbh. I'm happy I decided to check it out, now I can't wait for the finale. I might check s1 out of curiosity too.

ETA: How could I forget, YES, I agree with Robido with Misfits.

I was also going to say Honey Boo Boo in my first post lol. Alana and June are the new reality tv queens until New York comes back tbh.

Delio

Mad Men is boring. Watch Breaking Bad or Walking Dead, if you must tune in to AMC. I echo the American Horror Story sentiments. Also, the Vampire Diaries, Supernatural, Shameless, Dexter, Sons of Anarchy, Archer, Spartacus, Teen Wolf, Scandal, Doctor Who (UK), Being Human (US & UK), Misfits (UK), ....

Teen wolf you say?

tumblr_mgaec3dCNQ1ric07zo2_250.gif

Trigger

This list. Where are the flaws?

FqZoO.gif

Bladenic

I second Supernatural and Archer.

Also 30 Rock, Parks and Recreation, Cougar Town, Nashville, New Girl, Community, and Happy Endings.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
You did tbh. I'm happy I decided to check it out, now I can't wait for the finale. I might check s1 out of curiosity too.

I laughed more than feel tension. Also the main cast was terrible (The Doctor, The Wife and the Girl)

The show was saved by the ghosts and Jessica Lange who stole the show.

SaintZ

No KALINDA (well her storyline...Kalinda herself is flawless) flopped this season.

The rest is fine.
Ugh yes. The whole thing with Nick was a hot mess. Now I'm looking forward to watching Elsbeth Tascioni work her magic next week Sunday *.*
lol this may be a dumb question are you and waffle being serious with this show ಠ_ಠ i literally know nothing about it
If you like reality tv you might enjoy this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom