• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are really blowing this out of proportion.

It wouldn't be nearly as much fun otherwise.

tumblr_mh1mvaeMIn1qd3fo0o1_500.jpg

Thats probably it for me though. Got things to do and places to be.

I thought it was well known that Bey lip syncs often? Or did people really believe she could nail choreo and vocals at the same time? She's not Wonder Woman.

Besides, it's customary to lip at events like this, isn't it? Whitney fucking Houston lipped the National Anthem and her rendition is still the standard to this day. Kelly is just the exception to the rule because she thinks that if she lipped, it would be unconvincing. Bless her low self esteem.

Now, if someone like Perra or Squints walked up to the podium and Whitney came out of the speakers, then we could drag. But everyone knows that Bey can sing.

I thought it was well known that Bey lip syncs often? Or did people really believe she could nail choreo and vocals at the same time? She's not Wonder Woman.

Besides, it's customary to lip at events like this, isn't it? Whitney fucking Houston lipped the National Anthem and her rendition is still the standard to this day. Kelly is just the exception to the rule because she thinks that if she lipped, it would be unconvincing. Bless her low self esteem.

Now, if someone like Perra or Squints walked up to the podium and Whitney came out of the speakers, then we could drag. But everyone knows that Bey can sing.

If Beyoncé saved a cat in a tree, royalan would write an angry post about how she hates dogs. Sometimes, someone just gets so pressed they can never stop.

I would be more merciful except for that she apparently decided last minute not to sing live, BUT it is documented fact that she skipped the rehearsals (there were 3 of them). Meaning if she was not comfortable singing it then its probably her own damned fault.

It probably wouldn't have been mentioned if she had been the ONLY performer....but she wasn't, and the others did not lip. Which makes her look bad.

I don't think it will have any lasting impact on the Bey brand. At least she lip sync's well....I was watching for it and didn't catch it at all.

tumblr_lwmxz4KLSo1qjyqp2.gif

Such inspiring objectivity in spite your allegiance to Kellysus. We should all learn from your flawless example.

tumblr_lwmxz4KLSo1qjyqp2.gif

royalan

I think that Kelly sang live is what makes this damning for Bey. That, and the inauguration is seen as a more highbrow and sacred thing...unlike, say, the Superbowl.

There are a few events in American culture where the showboating and theatrics typically associated with Pop culture are frowned upon in favor of something more straight forward and genuine. This might be one of those things. Show up in your winter coat and sing the damn song. Don't show up in a Puci gown and lip.

I think it's funny more than anything. Just explaining why this particular incident is shocking to a public that should be used to lip syncing by now.

I think that Kelly sang live is what makes this damning for Bey. That, and the inauguration is seen as a more highbrow and sacred thing...

Some artists just can't meet the same standards as someone like Kellengend. That level of class is something very few can attain.

I suppose its unfair to hold someone like Beyonce to such a flawless standard.

We should be merciful....just like Kelly would be.

ibdbKO9fa9dPqP.gif

Fey

Banned
the comments on youtube are honestly amazing. people coming for beyonce, jay-z, blue ivy, and obama. *.*

NOT a britney stan coming in

Sg3HBfQ.png

Fey

Banned
Not you stanning youtube comments... There's no reason to scroll down that far, if you value your sanity.

i usually avoid them at all costs for that reason.

but i don't mind these ones because this isn't such a big deal ... a pop star lip synced woop dee doo
so people's absurd opinions/conspiracy theories are hilarious.

I wonder if there was some auto-tune during that inauguration lip sync. I wouldn't put it past her at this point.

Just curious. I just re-watched and noticed her taking out her ear piece. Was there any reason to do so since it was lipped? Or was she just trying REALLY REALLY hard to make it seem live?

botty

Banned
Just curious. I just re-watched and noticed her taking out her ear piece. Was there any reason to do so since it was lipped? Or was she just trying REALLY REALLY hard to make it seem live?

Wasn't it reported that the song was overlapping in her ear, so she took it out so it wouldn't confuse her? I am guessing she lipped to whatever was playing on the sound system, as opposed to a direct feed.

Satch

Banned
the comments on youtube are honestly amazing. people coming for beyonce, jay-z, blue ivy, and obama. *.*

lMKEg1V.png

and NOT a britney stan coming in

Sg3HBfQ.png

if blackgaf sees anybody in here laughing at the velcro hair comment popgaf is going to get dragged to the 9th circle of hell
2095c354.gif

yall are already on thin ice with them
2095c354.gif

Trey

if blackgaf sees anybody in here laughing at the velcro hair comment popgaf is going to get dragged to the 9th circle of hell
2095c354.gif

yall are already on thin ice with them
2095c354.gif

That comment was rather well constructed. Very subtle with its venom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom