• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
That was a feature. Let's not.

Live Your Life.

Love The Way You Lie.

trash2.gif

botty

Banned
But Rih stans don't try to bring up a feature as a way to qualify our faves relevance, Xtina stans do. So

bye.

Yes, because the Rihanna stans don't bring up the fact that she has more #1s than Madonna, and her high #1 count in general.

Bye.

Moves Like Jagger isn't Xtina's song botty...

The industry counts it as a #1 for her. Fortunately, you and the other girls who try to come for the queen's wig are noT the industry. So you can cease fire~

Kyon

Banned
FlopJuice did an interview with Bangladesh. Yet ANOTHER producer/writer calling out Beyoka for her thieving ways and PRAISING GODNEY for not stealing credits.

TGJ: Now, switching gears a bit, there’s often a lot of talk about writing credits, producer credits, etc. How much truth is there to all of that talk (i.e. giving up credits) and have you ever been on the receiving end of this?

Bangladesh: Man, that’s the game and that’s just how it is. You got to be a big artist when you can ask and demand something like that, but it happens. It’s not always a bad thing though because sometimes producers give beats away to no-name artists too (for no credit).

Then, sometimes if it’s an Usher or Beyonce type of act, you’re ok with giving it away because if they sing over your song, they’re going to bring great attention to it Producers don’t mind giving CERTAIN artist the credit. But, it’s mostly African Americans that do that kind of stuff. I hate to say it, but it’s true. I know people that have written for Britney Spears and different people that are in the pop world, and they don’t ask for that kind of stuff. Britney don’t ask for shit. If you wrote it, you just wrote it. She sings it and leaves.

It’s dog eat dog out there man. And, I’m sure there are some pop acts who demand full credit, but I’m just speaking from experiences I’ve had or heard about.

FlopJuiceSourceLink

tumblr_inline_mga18o8wie1r45vra.gif

royalan

I don't know why you guys act like the Carter's are a disgrace to the black community or something just because there are all these receipts piling up...

Why can't the queen just rule? ;_____;

Artemisia

Banned
I don't see how that is racist, but I guess anything can be considered "racist" if you reach far enough.

iReI9DtgAN14.gif

If it wasn't racist then why did he bring up the race of the people who do it often?

If the guy who said that believes there is no racial connection, then why did he make one?

Artemisia

Banned
Maybe because it's a fact?

Words have meaning, botty. People say things because they want to get a message across.

What other message does "it’s mostly African Americans that do that kind of stuff" get across besides saying that black people are prone to stealing credits?

We all know if it was white people instead no connection would have been made.

Fey

Banned
Words have meaning, botty. People say things because they want to get a message across.

What other message does "it’s mostly African Americans that do that kind of stuff" besides saying that black people are prone to stealing credits?

this is what i thought. he could have simply said "acts like usher and beyonce who ..." why bother saying that it's only african americans who do it? why make that generalization? ._.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Zedd said:
"The problem with [Gaga] is obviously that I'm busy and I tour a lot, but she's probably a lot busier than I am, so it's hard to find time to work on something together," he said. "So we've been working on it for over a year now. There's still a lot of work left, so we're definitely gonna work on this project for the next month."

x

Kyon

Banned

What other message does "it’s mostly African Americans that do that kind of stuff" get across besides saying that black people are prone to stealing credits?

Or maybe just maybe the only ones they recall stealing are mostly the black artists they worked with?

I didnt even see that part about the African Americans thing until y'all said something lol

Yes, read that racist. So blinded by Bey hate that he can't put 2 and 2 together u__u

botty

Banned

That last line kind of contradicts the point you're trying to make, and supports what I said. Depending on who is being mentioned things are "always" racist. If he said mostly white people do it, then I doubt anyone would have yelled racism.

this is what i thought. he could have simply said "acts like usher and beyonce who ..." why bother saying that it's only african americans who do it? why make that generalization? ._.

He didn't say "only" African Americans, though.

Artemisia

Banned
That last line kind of contradicts the point you're trying to make, and supports what I said. Depending on who is being mentioned things are "always" racist. If he said mostly white people do it, then I doubt anyone would have yelled racism.

No one would have to yell racism because he wouldn't have mentioned their race if they were white.

ch... It's not a secret that people apply actions of some minorities to the entire group.

Fey

Banned
they've been working on it for a year and there's still a lot of work left? what have they been doing?

iRPN6F2001KIM.gif

and i meant to say "mostly" botty oopsies

SaintZ

and thanks to that I found...

iwbPzXOcA3Kun.jpg

Taylor Swift has dated all of the world's pretend boyfriends and now it's time for her to watch those relationships burn.

This glass-encased pillar candle shows off all the faces of Taylor's latest loves, from the handsome to the similarly named to the Kennedy, atop the quote, "You are the best thing that's ever been mine," from one of those songs she wrote about some 14-year-old she got frozen yogurt with one time in Cape Cod.

It costs 8 bucks.

royalan

I agree that the way he phrased it is a little...problematic. But I dunno. Bangladesh himself is black. Maybe he was trying to highlight a cultural difference in approach. Eh...

Fey

Banned
She better take her time and create a flawless album.

Then again, if it turns out not so good, I'll only hate her for it.

i'm expecting a flawless album after all this waiting *_*

considering how hard gaga seemed on herself after BTW era ended, i'm guessing she's making sure the album will be amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom