• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.
2010:

earp3apby.gif

2013:
Legend. Her impact.

Such a trailblazer.

Constantly innovating.

ilRizPrh7Qmah.gif

B-Dex

Want you tell me you need it
I wanna hear it repeated
Want you to take me completely
Want you to tell me
Want you to tell me

Awoooo Like that
Yeah it feels so good that I cant hold back
Like that Hit the right spot
Making my eyes roll back

Let there be let there be love
Here in the here in the dark
Turning me turning me on
Not gonna fight anymore
Cause I want your touch (x2)

iMCoFBTrs1gre.gif

Koodo

Banned
Shakira has officially given birth to the future standard in male beauty.

Shakira.com said:
We are happy to announce the birth of Milan Piqué Mebarak, son of Shakira Mebarak and Gerard Piqué, born January 22nd at 9:36pm, in Barcelona, Spain.

The name Milan (pronounced MEE-lahn), means dear, loving and gracious in Slavic; in Ancient Roman, eager and laborious; and in Sanskrit, unification.

Just like his father, baby Milan became a member of FC Barcelona at birth.

The hospital confirmed that the couple’s first child weighed approximately 6lbs. 6 ounces, and that both mother and child are in excellent health.

67d90ee8.gif
67d90ee8.gif
67d90ee8.gif

Majmun

Dammnnn, just noticed that we're heading to 15k posts. I was still thinking we were at 8k or something.

Who's making the next OP? Koodo??? Nemesis??

Koodo

Banned
I don't want to sign up for another OT in a while. The Neme-sis should take the reins since he won't be doing the ARTPOP OT anytime soon.
iV41hOveCe1S5.gif

Kyon

Banned
Dammnnn, just noticed that we're heading to 15k posts. I was still thinking we were at 8k or something.

Who's making the next OP? Koodo??? Nemesis??

Aguila obviously. He keeps it up to date on a daily basis. Nem has like 3958340 threads he is in charge of. It could be a collaborative effort also just like the past two threads

Majmun

Yeah, Aguila said he was retiring. He should reward himself with two platinum stars for the work he's done TBH

Is the stars system going to stay? Not that I mind, considering I have none lol

I am late as hell on this Beyonce mess, (the curse of being an adult with a job:( ) but i thought I'd give my two cents anyway.

It's funny to see stans of vocal damage rally around this non event. I thought it was widely known that singing in freezing weather isn't the greatest thing in the world for your vocal cords. Aretha is notorious for not even performing if the air conditioner is on.

Beyonce can sing, this is known. What's the big deal? Oh that's right Kelly "sang" live. Good for her. Lipping wouldn't have helped her though.

So while all your faves are goose honking through their live performances, I'll take solace that Bey saved her vocals for a far more important event in the near future, instead of delivering a performance for an event that happened a day prior.

To make this even more silly, Bey let you know what was going down in advance.
Beyoncé herself posted two suspicious photos to her Instagram account and website before the inauguration ceremony. They both depict the singer in what appears to be a recording studio — one, with members of the Marine Corps standing behind her and a table of sound equipment, and the other of B clutching "Star-Spangled Banner" sheet music in front of a microphone and recording device.

Whats this? Marine Band Backs Off Beyonce Lip-Syncing Statement

Wait... is this a recording of Bey singing it live?

But then, Jezebel linked to this version, which is a different feed than the one run by the networks, to indicate that she was singing live and the sound we hear is the echo, not her singing along to her own pre-recorded vocal.

Imma need the Vocaltina Damagulera stans to be seated.

royalan

I am late as hell on this Beyonce mess, (the curse of being an adult with a job:( ) but i thought I'd give my two cents anyway.

It's funny to see stans of vocal damage rally around this non event. I thought it was widely known that singing in freezing weather isn't the greatest thing in the world for your vocal cords. Aretha is notorious for not even performing if the air conditioner is on.

Beyonce can sing, this is known. What's the big deal? Oh that's right Kelly "sang" live. Good for her. Lipping wouldn't have helped her though.

So while all your faves are goose honking through their live performances, I'll take solace that Bey saved her vocals for a far more important event in the near future, instead of delivering a performance for an event that happened a day prior.

To make this even more silly, Bey let you know what was going down in advance.

Whats this? Marine Band Backs Off Beyonce Lip-Syncing Statement

Wait... is this a recording of Bey singing it live?

Imma need the Vocaltina Damagulera stans to be seated.

You can excuse your thieving lying degenerate fave all you want, but all that is invalidated by the fact that Kelly sang live in the same conditions, AND sung a much more difficult song in a much higher key. #TrueProfessional

And LOL at the inauguration being less important than a sporting event.

You can excuse your thieving lying degenerate fave all you want, but all that is invalidated by the fact that Kelly sang live in the same conditions, AND sung a much more difficult song in a much higher key. #TrueProfessional

And LOL at the inauguration being less important than a sporting event.

She sang in horrible conditions, and her vocals showed. Although, she could be performing in ideal conditions (aka doing covers on her high school gym tour) and still sound a screamy mess. But that's neither her nor there.

2nd term inaugurations are never as important as 1st terms,
although, my President remains tall sickening, and black,
as evidenced by lower turnout than the previous inauguration.
ibeX14rCznS6ev.gif

The superbowl is seen by far, far more people.

royalan

Haha - so now it's been proved that she sung live, you have to reach further. And to use the word 'degenerate' is frankly shameful.

What proof? She still sang with the "the support" of a backing track while other people did their performances raw. She does that all the time, often with hilarious results.

And please - if I had a dollar for every time someone used a shameful word to describe my fave i'd have enough money to buy enough copies of Lotus to send that shit platinum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom