• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I think we all know the real best POP related release of 2012 is

http://ronwasserman.bandcamp.com/

tumblr_mez5ebcIPV1rmqdylo4_250.gif

TYVM

botty

Banned
The only thing I like about Girlfriend is that it gave Avril her only #1 and the video was funny. She looked hot too. The song is vile, however.

I couldn't believe the person who wrote the songs on Under My Skin made Girlfriend. It was like what happened to Beyonce when she released 4, except without the #1 hit and impact.
777ff663.gif

Indeed. Credible sources claim that the same team has also worked on the MDNA tour, due to their extensive knowledge in breathing incredible life into a long-dead reptile.

b3d79dc8.gif

Wilsongt

I couldn't believe the person who wrote the songs on Under My Skin made Girlfriend. It was like what happened to Beyonce when she released 4, except without the #1 hit and impact.
777ff663.gif

b3d79dc8.gif

It's a good thing Girlfriend wasn't the best song on that album, though. Much better songs.

royalan

So I'm spending the day watching the Philadelphia Boys Choir rehearse for their Christmas show tonight.

A room full of smelly boys aged 12 - 18 singing "Baby It's Cold Outside" over and over and over...

Shoot me.

SaintZ

I like Girlfriend

tumblr_mc3uasAGRO1qa82d1o9_r1_250.gif
Well, Gimme All Your Luvin' gives me Girlfriend teas too...
777ff663.gif

b3d79dc8.gif
I blame Dr. Luke tbh.
It's a good thing Girlfriend wasn't the best song on that album, though. Much better songs.
IA. I would be lying if I don't use The Best Damn Thing (the album) often. It's a harmless pop album and it cheers me up tbh.
But everyone agrees that What The Hell is vile, right?
It has grown on me as the slut anthem of 2011 but I don't blame you for thinking this. Avril also hated it but RCA made her do that.

botty

Banned

What The Hell doesn't even make sense lyrically. "All my life I've been good, but now... I'm thinking what the hell."

Avril has calmed down a lot from her past "punk" behavior. "What the hell" indeed.

Mumei

What The Hell doesn't even make sense lyrically. "All my life I've been good, but now... I'm thinking what the hell."

Avril has calmed down a lot from her past "punk" behavior. "What the hell" indeed.

I didn't get the sense that the song was supposed to be, you know, autobiographical so much as a character.

Look what I've sunk to; discussing Avril lyrics

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
So I'm spending the day watching the Philadelphia Boys Choir rehearse for their Christmas show tonight.

A room full of smelly boys aged 12 - 18 singing "Baby It's Cold Outside" over and over and over...

Shoot me.

Well now we know where you stand on 1Direction.

Wilsongt

I didn't get the sense that the song was supposed to be, you know, autobiographical so much as a character.

Some of the lyrics to her songs are very nice. Not a bad discussion. We could be talking about Taylor Swift and which boyfriend caused her to write which song.

The only thing I like about Girlfriend is that it gave Avril her only #1 and the video was funny. She looked hot too. The song is vile, however.

Remember when that video was the #1 youtube vid of all time with like...80 million views? How times have changed.

Yeah that song does nothing for me. Far worse than Girlfriend.

B-Dex

As an aside. Local radio spins "Santa Baby" way more than "All I want for Christmas" here.

330986691_1133316.gif

#icant

botty

Banned

I have to agree with Wilson here. Avril is actually a really great lyricist. And you may be right about it being a "character," as her song "Nobody's Home" paints a really vivid picture of another "character" she created. Though, I think she tried to claim it was someone she actually knew.

I like Brandy.

Favorite Brandy song?

Mine is Angel in Disguise off of Never Say Never.

ecurbj

Ha! I just sung the whole song of We Are Never Getting Back Together by Taylor Swift on my ride to this Sixers game with my friend. Hilarious! I love Taylor Swift!

royalan

It was by chance. I have a friend who sings for this church and he occasionally tricks me into volunteering.

This particular church doubles as a popular concert venue/rehearsal space, and tonight the PBC is having a go.

I will say that it is HILARIOUSLY uncomfortable watching the older boys singing the male part of the song to the little boy sopranos who are taking on the female role. What an awkward song choice. I'm trying not to laugh.

"I really can't staaayyyy..."

"But baby it's bad out there..."

They sound way better than 1D tho...

Mumei

I will say that it is HILARIOUSLY uncomfortable watching the older boys singing the male part of the song to the little boy sopranos who are taking on the female role. What an awkward song choice. I'm trying not to laugh.

"I really can't staaayyyy..."

"But baby it's bad out there..."

... Oh dear. Did the choir director read the lyrics on that song before... oh never mind.

They sound way better than 1D tho...

This goes without saying.

Mumei

They may remain pressed.

People threw the same stuff at Taylor years ago. Eventually the mountains of records sold are so overwhelming that all the bandwagoners jump onboard. Shameful....but inevitable.

iQRbZw8JAv75l.gif

Some of us have standards and remain incorruptible.

Some of us have standards and remain incorruptible.

We will see.....give them a couple decades, a few flop albums, and some drug related issues and they might manage to meet your standards :)

<3

Flawless. Pepce has brought out the best in you.

I agree. The avatar change + Pepce era have caused a complete image makeover of Second. His enthusiasm makes it impossible for even me to root against Bey.

I'm still keeping an eye on the shifty guy though...... I have not forgotten him posting tocatchapredator.jpg's at 1D fans.....so shadey

Mumei

Speaking of standards, did you get my PM?

I did. It sounds interesting; I just need to get the motivation to organize and write it. :p

And speaking of PMs: godel, you said you were going to send me something yesterday!

We will see.....give them a couple decades, a few flop albums, and some drug related issues and they might manage to meet your standards :)

<3

Funny, I don't see talent listed anywhere?

Galang

Banned
I actually agree with the Top 4 for the best reality judges. Or at least my favourites.. I like RuPaul, Dealey and Jeff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom