• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aguila

#ICONIC
ESTOY GRITANDO.

It's the perfect expression for that porcupine mess.

isVC8TI4M2byk.gif

Christopher

We NEED new music we are stuck in a rut right now with the same stuff sice November basically anyone who had a hit single will chart.

Except one hit direction - nothing on the top ten since ydkyb

Except one hit direction - nothing on the top ten since ydkyb

My math is fuzzy but last I checked a #3 was in the top 10..... but no, lets not let facts get in the way of your trolling.

Even their "flop" second single in the US (One Thing) went platinum and got 200 million views on youtube.

Note: This flop single ALONE has more views on YT than The Unwanted's entire Vevo channel. Since you are a stan I thought you would be interested in that tidbit.

iyngrm5gnX5ja.gif

Nemesis_

Yes because all the stans are watching the 1D videos for their music.

Christopher is right, this year thus far has been so slow and boring. Especially if we're using VEVO/YouTube views as a metric.

Bladenic

Yes because all the stans are watching the 1D videos for their music.

Christopher is right, this year thus far has been so slow and boring. Especially if we're using VEVO/YouTube views as a metric.

Of course it's for the music, don't be silly.

ifBIuGAedNKp6.gif

Sarcastic. But lbr, most people don't necessarily watch videos only for the music, they do it to see their faves and whatnot.

Koodo

Banned
The Hag officially dumped her thing on the world the Friday before the Superbowl. I believe the release date had already been set a few days or weeks earlier.

Remember people hoping the song would be different from the demo? kiiiiii

I suppose Byeonce could pull a fast one and debut the song after the performance. Or not do anything at all. I'm losing the little interest I had over her upcoming theft.

Anyways sorta off topic but I know Bandenic will occasionally humor me with a legit discussion.

What is really the difference in value between radio/streaming/youtube when measuring the success of a song? Nem's (rather foolish) jab at my reference to youtube views is relatively common, but in my mind the only thing different between a radio listen and a youtube play is that 1. People who watch a Youtube vid generally WANT to watch the vid & 2. Artists actually make money off youtube video's (Gangnam Style reportedly is coming up on 10 million from it). Youtube views very obviously are also big drivers of sales as well.

On streaming I have been thinking about how a shift towards it will effect the industry, and it makes me wonder if OVER TIME it will make the incomes of artists far more stable and less front loaded. When I use streaming sites I get old music just as often as new..... if they are paid at the same rate it could significantly change the income distribution of the industry.

Radio for today:

TOP 20:

1. BRUNO MARS - Locked Out Of Heaven: 199.919 (- 1.654)
2. TAYLOR SWIFT - I Knew You Were Trouble: 177.045 (+ 1.902)
3. LUMINEERS - Ho Hey: 158.983 (- 1.273)
4. JUSTIN BIEBER - Beauty And A Beat f/N. Minaj: 134.486 (- 0.231)
5. PINK - Try: 123.695 (+ 1.024)
6. SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA - Don't You Worry Child: 122.107 (+ 2.359)
7. MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS - Thrift Shop f/Wanz: 112.615 (+ 3.966) ▲
8. RIHANNA - Diamonds: 110.497 (- 2.918) ▼
9. WILL.I.AM & BRITNEY SPEARS - Scream And Shout: 103.725 (+ 2.750) ▲
10. MAROON 5 – One More Night: 102.039 (- 1.254) ▼
11. PHILLIP PHILLIPS – Home: 94.660 (- 0.073)
12. ALICIA KEYS - Girl On Fire: 94.080 (+ 0.399)
13. FLO RIDA - I Cry: 90.345 (- 2.080)
14. JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE - Suit & Tie f/JAY Z: 88.917 (+ 0.487)
15. ED SHEERAN - The A Team: 81.365 (- 0.973)
16. MAROON 5 - Daylight: 80.034 (+ 1.592)
17. KELLY CLARKSON - Catch My Breath: 78.918 (+ 1.019)
18. CALVIN HARRIS - Sweet Nothing f/Florence Welch: 77.470 (+ 0.978)
19. FUN. – Some Nights: 75.532 (+ 0.255)
20. IMAGINE DRAGONS - It's Time: 75.193 (- 0.064)

OTHERS:

GARY ALLAN - Every Storm (Runs Out Of Rain): 69.360 (- 0.198)
KE$HA - Die Young: 68.842 (- 1.629)
JASON ALDEAN - The Only Way I Know: 67.923 (+ 0.037)
A$AP ROCKY - F**kin Problems f/Drake: 62.087 (+ 1.439)
KE$HA - C'mon: 59.229 (+ 0.202)
MUMFORD & SONS – I Will Wait: 54.460 (+ 0.863)
OF MONSTERS AND MEN - Little Talks: 52.015 (+ 0.429)
RIHANNA - Pour It Up: 49.536 (+ 1.641)
CARRIE UNDERWOOD - Two Black Cadillacs: 46.427 (+ 0.230)
BLAKE SHELTON - Sure Be Cool If You Did: 35.704 (+ 0.657)
KELLY CLARKSON - Stronger (WDKY) : 32.787 (- 0.114)
MUSE – Madness: 27.202 (+ 0.474)
BRUNO MARS - When I Was Your Man: 25.628 (+ 2.933)
FUN. - Carry On: 24.805 (+ 0.363)
OLLY MURS - Troublemaker f/Flo Rida: 20.978 (+ 0.684)

EXTRAS:

PITBULL - Feel This Moment: 15.440 (+ 1.041)
LADY ANTEBELLUM - Downtown: 13.979 (+ 1.384)
RIHANNA - Loveeeeeee Song f/Future: 12.756
LUMINEERS - Stubborn Love: 7.958
BON JOVI - Because We Can: 7.885 (+ 0.180)
ONE DIRECTION - Kiss You: 7.012 (+ 1.002)
KELLY ROWLAND - Kisses Down Low: 1.391

S&T seems to have lost its radio momentum. Last 3 days it had one ok update, a small one today, and a negative update a couple days ago. Will be interesting to see if the Grammy's can reignite it since it has also fallen out of the top 10 on itunes.

Taylor coming for that #1.

Bieber seems to have peaked with BATB.

Ke$ha's C'mon not looking like a smash hit at this point.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Five things we learned about the Mariah Carey-Tommy Mottola marriage from record exec's new memoir

mariah-carey-tommy-mottola_510x510.jpg

3. The 1996 Grammys destroyed their relationship.

By February 1996, Carey was one of the biggest stars in the world and was nominated for six Grammy awards at that month’s ceremony. But the star went home empty-handed, a shut-out which Mottola in part blames for the pair’s ultimate break-up. “You could hear the crack between us cracking open a little wider on a night that I was hoping would allow us to look back on all the good times that had brought us this far,” he writes. “Fat chance of that.” At that evening’s Sony Grammy party Mottola asked that the replay of the ceremony on the monitors be replaced with music videos to avoid “incensing” his wife. “You can’t make this stuff up,” ruminates Mottola. “But I really did feel terrible for her.”

4. Mariah referred to their home as “Sing Sing.”

Mottola built a “castle” in Bedford, New York, for the couple, complete with a recording studio, a beauty salon, and “an indoor swimming pool covered by a cloud-painted ceiling for her to swim in.” Was the singer happy? Not according to Mottola. “Sometimes, when in her circle of friends, she would laugh and call the house in Bedford…Sing Sing,” recalls the exec. “As if the mansion had become had become a prison, and she’s been forced to sing…sing…sing…sing…in the recording studio that she herself designed and built with everything she wanted in it.”

5. Their marriage did not have a fairy tale ending.

Mottola and Carey did, of course, ultimately separate and divorce. And their house in Bedford? “In the end, the fairy tale ended like no other fairy tale before it,” recalls Mottola. “Years after it was sold, the home literally caught fire and burned to the ground.”

eCBSLVr.gif

Bladenic

Snore It Up is vile. Diamonds remains unbothered.

ihTsJqsONo08H.gif

It's truly sad when the peak of an "era" (by Rihanna definition of the term) is the first single. I suppose it's not the first time this has happened in regards to her material, though never on the level of Diamonds compared to the rest of Unapologetic.

Trigger

Trigger

Black magic? I just copied the text I was referencing from his post and inserted it into quote tags inside the quote of his post.

Edit: Beaten.

Anyways.

Do we have a complete list of performers lined up for the Grammy's or are we will waiting on a few names? Surprised I haven't seen Kelly confirmed yet since she is attending, is up for most of the major awards, and has a single on the charts right now.

Trigger

Edit: Beaten.

Anyways.

Do we have a complete list of performers lined up for the Grammy's or are we will waiting on a few names? Surprised I haven't seen Kelly confirmed yet since she is attending, is up for most of the major awards, and has a single on the charts right now.

I think the list so far is:

•The Black Keys
•Carrie Underwood
•Dierks Bentley
•Ed Sheeran & Elton John
•Frank Ocean
•fun.
•Jack White
•Justin Timberlake
•The Lumineers
•Maroon 5 & Alicia Keys
•Miranda Lambert
•Mumford & Sons
•Rihanna
•Taylor Swift

No sign of Kelly on any sites I've seen.

I think the list so far is:

•The Black Keys
•Carrie Underwood
•Dierks Bentley
•Ed Sheeran & Elton John
•Frank Ocean
•fun.
•Jack White
•Justin Timberlake
•The Lumineers
•Maroon 5 & Alicia Keys
•Miranda Lambert
•Mumford & Sons
•Rihanna
•Taylor Swift

Don't they usually have around 20? I will have to check.

Not thrilled with the lineup so far.

Nemesis_

Vile scum cunt has removed his Instagram account.

First, Chris Brown defiantly deleted his Twitter account last fall after fighting with a writer. Then he expressed that he felt persecuted like Jesus Christ by painting a picture of himself after the epic brawl with Frank Ocean – which erupted not over a song or a beat or even a girl, like Rihanna, since Ocean likely isn’t into her after coming out, but a PARKING SPACE OF ALL THINGS.

Now, Breezy has further likened himself to Jesus Christ in the social media space by “detaching himself from that world” and deleting his Instagram.

Oh Breezus Christ.

We’re going to have to keep our eyes fixed on his girlfriend’s Instagram now to see pictures of their renewed relationship. And pictures of her topless, of course.

Brown is attempting to sign off and log off so that he doesn’t get sucked into the negativity that is part and parcel of social media.

He made his Instagram account private, despite have 2 million followers. So he’s disconnected for now.

“Social media takes away the essence of why we are even special or icons,” Brown posted as a graphic. “So with that, I’m detaching myself from that world.”

Now we can’t see any more of his Christ paintings. We’re bummed.

PopCrushers and Team Breezy, what’s your take on the oft-troubled R&B star closing off access on Instagram? Good riddance or please, please, please come back?

http://popcrush.com/chris-brown-deletes-instagram-account/

iPNgfE00meK3d.gif

“Social media takes away the essence of why we are even special or icons,” Brown posted as a graphic. “So with that, I’m detaching myself from that world.”

Sorry Bruises. You are not special or iconic. The only thing you will be remembered for is your douchebaggery and piggybacking off more talented/successful artists around you.

botty

Banned
I know, RIGHT???

This is so strange. I expected the song to drop early january tbh.

But I'm sure it's going to be a masterpiece tho

Based on all the snippets, and choreography clips. I am pretty sure the performance will be incredible, at least.

cory64

Former Top 10s on this week's chart:
13. Suit & Tie, 3 weeks
18. One More Night, 32 weeks
19. I Cry, 18 weeks
20. Some Nights, 49 weeks
24. Die Young, 18 weeks
35. Let Me Love You, 26 weeks
37. Gangnam Style, 21 weeks
43. Call Me Maybe, 49 weeks
44. Somebody That I Used To Know, 56 weeks
47. Too Close, 44 weeks
78. Begin Again, 17 weeks
100. Skyfall, 17 weeks
Exit: Live While We're Young, 16 weeks

Va Va Voom dropped to the 60s already, and it was seemingly the best radio song from the PFRR era.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom