• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMeisterJ

Banned
The DC setlist will probably be Survivor, Lose My Breath, Say my Name, and Independent Women. The Bey part will probably be Single Ladies (confirmed already I think), Crazy In Love, Get Me Bodied, and maybe Deja Vu. Bey just has too many slow songs, and I don't think anyone cares to hear anything from 4.

botty

Banned
So I have a retraction to make. I called the Macklemore song, "Same Love," a pandering song. However, after watching some interviews, and reading up on Macklemore, I discovered he has some strong feelings against homophobia. He even claims to have a some gay family members, all of which he fully accepts and loves. The interviews might also give you a little insight into how his mind words artistically, and not exclusively on gay rights and homophobia.

With that being said, his music is still shit.

ibrZwa42vmLFPm.gif

royalan

LAWD...that alleged setlist I saw online was legitimately DREADFUL. Should have known Beyonce didn't have the material for the Super Bowl.

Bladenic

Random anecdote, but as I was waiting for a fresh cut at the barbershop this morning, the guy in front of me started discussing the Superbowl with the barber. He mentioned how nobody wants to see Beyonce, at least not the main demographics who attend the Superbowl, and how they would rather see real performers (mentioning Tom Petty) instead of these pop culture stars. I found it amusing.

Random anecdote, but as I was waiting for a fresh cut at the barbershop this morning, the guy in front of me started discussing the Superbowl with the barber. He mentioned how nobody wants to see Beyonce, at least not the main demographics who attend the Superbowl, and how they would rather see real performers instead of these pop culture stars. I found it amusing.

"Nobody" wanted to see The Queen™ either, yet she got higher ratings than the game itself and broke records. A lot of people will tune in to see Beyonce; mostly gays and the depressed wives of football fans.

Alicia Keys is performing the National Anthem? Does she still not know that she has the worst range out of any R&B singer right now? Either way I'll be perchedT.

Bladenic

Alicia Keys is performing the National Anthem? Does she still not know that she has the worst range out of any R&B singer right now? Either way I'll be perchedT.

Really? I thought Alicia Keys had a good voice. Of course I don't know for sure, so I need to be educated.

royalan

The club I'm in just finished getting CRUNK to Pon De Replay.

I think this song might have had more of an impact than originally thought...

Beyonce's Super Bowl performance will give me so much life.

I hope Madonna's prepared to be sufficiently 1-upped by another contemporary female. Hope she keeps it classy this time when she's inevitably asked for her british opinions.

/stan

EDIT: I've been packing and totally ran across my SIGNED copy of Good Girl Gone Bad from a Best Buy meet-n-greet Rihanna did for its launch. I just thought it was funny that I had it since I talk so much shit about her. GGGB is truly flawless though. And her hair was pretty that day.

royalan

Poor Bey, she looks so tireD. ;___;

Clearly all the work she's put in stealing concepts for her performance has left her demented. She thinks referees run plays now. ;____;

Why won't people understand that Bey needs rest. I weep over her thoughtless stans.

cory64

Ke$ha's 'Crazy Beautiful Life' Documentary Coming to MTV
“Ke$ha: My Crazy Beautiful Life” chronicles the singer during the recording of her album “Warrior” and as she traveled the world.

“You might have heard my voice on the radio, seen me onstage or in a music video, but that’s only a part of the story,” Ke$ha said in a statement. “With this documentary series I’m revealing a more complete picture of what my life is really like. It’s not all glamorous, but it’s all real.”

Ke$ha’s filmmaker brother, Lagan Sebert, shot the footage over the course of two years. The network says the series will show Ke$ha attempting to find love and have normal relationships as her fame increases.

DMeisterJ

Banned
RIHANNA – Pour It Up: 47.895 (+ 2.002)
RIHANNA – Stay f/Mikky Ekko: 5.362 (+ 0.749)

Radio queen.

And,

Rolling Stone said:
Rihanna has opened up like never before about getting back together with her ex-boyfriend, Chris Brown, and what it means for her public image. "I decided it was more important for me to be happy," she tells contributing editor Josh Eells in the new issue of Rolling Stone, out Friday, January 31st. "I wasn't going to let anybody's opinion get in the way of that. Even if it's a mistake, it's my mistake. After being tormented for so many years, being angry and dark, I'd rather just live my truth and take the backlash. I can handle it."

The couple's public reconciliation comes less than four years since Brown assaulted Rihanna the night before the 2009 Grammy Awards. Brown plead guilty to assault and performed community service, but he remains on probation. "When you add up the pieces from the outside, it's not the cutest puzzle in the world," Rihanna says. "You see us walking somewhere, driving somewhere, in the studio, in the club, and you think you know. But it's different now. We don't have those types of arguments anymore. We talk about ****. We value each other. We know exactly what we have now, and we don't want to lose that."

And Rihanna says that if Brown were ever to display a hint of his past behavior towards her, she is ready to walk. "He doesn't have the luxury of ****ing up again," she says. "That's just not an option. I can't say that nothing else will ever go wrong. But I'm pretty solid in the knowing that he's disgusted by that. And I wouldn't have gone this far if I ever thought that was a possibility."

#phuckyobasic

Majmun

Woooow, you guys are saying Bey doesn't have enough solo material?

What about

- Crazy in Love
- Baby Boy
- Naughty Girl
- Check on it
- Deja Vu
- Get me bodied
- Irreplaceable
- Single Ladies
- Sweet Dreams

And she'll probably debut het next single too. She will probably use Run the World also lol

Mix it with a few DC songs and the show can be packed with hits.

Nemesis_

Rihanna's choice to get back with Chris Brown just shows me that she is so psychologically damaged that she has lowered her own perception of her self worth and thus assumed she can't get with anyone better and remained with the scum of the universe.

Paint it however she wants, she's damaged goods.

ibQJiOxZ2TOYJ.gif

And lbr even though I don't find her attractive she can most certainly do better

17. KELLY CLARKSON – Catch My Breath: 77.899 (+ 1.345)
ONE DIRECTION – Kiss You: 6.010 (+ 0.599)

I can't handle that 4 months in CMB is getting its most consistent/best updates.

Kiss You sent to radio today. Decent update for day 1 (had a .800 the other day). Honestly I am not THAT optimistic, but it will certainly do better than Little Things.

Token adorable 1D gif:
iUnlResb3ydjg.gif

Nemesis_

Was this already posted?

justin-timberlake-2013-suite-tie-650-430.jpg

Six-time Grammy winner Justin Timberlake will perform on the 55th Annual Grammy Awards telecast next weekend, the show announced today. This marks the first time in four years that Timberlake will take the Grammy stage, and it will be his debut TV performance on the eve of his first studio album in seven years.

It seems likely that he will perform his new single, "Suit & Tie," which was released earlier this month.

This coming Saturday, Timberlake will suit up and perform his first proper concert in years at a New Orleans event on the eve of the Super Bowl.

Black Keys, Fun., Frank Ocean Lead Grammy Nominations 2013

At the Grammys, Timberlake joins previously announced performers Dierks Bentley and Miranda Lambert, The Black Keys, fun., the Lumineers, Mumford & Sons, Rihanna, Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood, Jack White, as well as Elton John and current nominee Ed Sheeran performing live together for the first time. LL Cool J returns as host.

The show will air live on Sunday, Feb. 10, at Staples Center in Los Angeles from 8 – 11:30 p.m. (ET/PT).

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/1536255/justin-timberlake-to-perform-at-grammy-awards

ifv5qBDhzLzIy.gif

Artemisia

Banned
What is Beyonce doing?

Why isn't her lead single out?

Why isn't she confirmed for the grammys?

Why is Justin handling his album release better than her?

SaintZ

Alicia Keys Joins BlackBerry as Global Creative Director

WATERLOO, ONTARIO, Jan 30, 2013 (MARKETWIRE via COMTEX) -- At the close of its BlackBerry 10 launch event today, BlackBerry RIMM -6.13% CA:RIM -5.79% CEO Thorsten Heins introduced 14-time Grammy(R) Award winning singer, songwriter and entrepreneur, Alicia Keys, as BlackBerry's new Global Creative Director. As an official member of the BlackBerry team, Keys will lead an array of new business initiatives that will drive engagement with BlackBerry and perception of the brand.

"Alicia Keys has come to BlackBerry because she believes in the product and technology, and subscribes to our overriding philosophy to 'Keep Moving': to empower people through mobile computing and communications," said BlackBerry President and CEO Thorsten Heins. "We are excited she will be bringing to us her enormous capabilities, as well as a vast network of relationships in the entertainment, social media and business communities, to help shape our brand and grow our business."

In her new role, Keys will work closely with app developers, content creators, retailers, carriers and the entertainment community to further shape and enhance the BlackBerry 10 platform, and inspire creative use through its remarkable capabilities and functionality. From music to books, to film, to apps, Keys will lead the charge of enhancing entertainment consumption and distribution, through the power of BlackBerry 10.

"Staying connected has become a vital part of my creative process," said Keys. "I have been using the BlackBerry 10 for a few weeks now, and I'm truly inspired by its innovation. It has entirely revolutionized the experience. I know the potential this platform has to help creative people be more productive, and help productive people be more creative. This is such an incredible age to be living in, with such profound advances in communications and technology. As Global Creative Director, my goal is to inspire creativity with this platform, and I'm so excited to jump right in."

At this morning's launch event, Keys revealed BlackBerry's new "Keep Moving" Project, which engages BlackBerry users in exclusive and compelling experiences created by inspirational and multi-faceted artists, writers, designers, filmmakers, musicians, and athletes. Renowned film director Robert Rodriguez (El Mariachi, From Dusk Till Dawn, Sin City), and author Neil Gaiman (Coraline, Stardust, The Sandman) will join Keys as the first three "BlackBerry Partners" leveraging the power of the new platform to create original content and special user engagements. The essence of these creative projects is that they are collaborations between the artist, BlackBerry and BlackBerry users around the world.

Frank Boulben, BlackBerry Chief Marketing Officer said of the Keys appointment, "Alicia has tremendous reach, which makes her the ideal global creative director to inspire and empower creative people around the world to push the boundaries of the mobile experience. It is vital to our success to engage in a dialogue with creators and help them better succeed at what they do. We're thrilled to have Alicia's insight and passion shape our brand and grow our business."
x
This is so random. Blackberry tho?
feRjc.gif

ETA: Oop I didn't see the thread in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom