• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemisia

Banned
ibyosK8QxUKsiy.gif

Are we naming the thread after myths and urban legends now?

ibgYakJhAxACuv.gif

I'd be here for it.

Born This Way was a good album |OT|

TOP 20
1. TAYLOR SWIFT – I Knew You Were Trouble: 193.979 (- 0.095)
2. BRUNO MARS – Locked Out Of Heaven: 179.539 (- 1.117)
3. SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA – Don’t You Worry Child: 150.257 (+ 2.066)
4. MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS – Thrift Shop f/Wanz: 148.562 (+ 1.554)
5. LUMINEERS – Ho Hey: 144.081 (- 0.321)
6. WILL.I.AM & BRITNEY SPEARS – Scream And Shout: 134.438 (+ 1.945)
7. PINK – Try: 123.411 (+ 0.272)
8. JUSTIN BIEBER – Beauty And A Beat f/N. Minaj: 112.786 (- 2.631)
9. MAROON 5 – Daylight: 106.629 (+ 1.844)
10. JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE – Suit & Tie f/JAY Z: 94.663 (+ 1.144)
11. CALVIN HARRIS – Sweet Nothing f/Florence Welch: 92.408 (+ 0.796)
12. KELLY CLARKSON – Catch My Breath: 90.548 (+ 1.099) ▲
13. ALICIA KEYS – Girl On Fire: 89.806 (- 0.742) ▼
14. MAROON 5 – One More Night: 83.544 (- 1.908)
15. PHILLIP PHILLIPS – Home: 79.227 (- 1.026)
16. IMAGINE DRAGONS – It’s Time: 75.211 (+ 0.752) ▲
17. RIHANNA – Diamonds: 73.190 (- 2.506) ▼
18. A$AP ROCKY – F**kin Problems f/Drake: 72.887 (+ 0.529)
19. KE$HA – C’mon: 68.121 (+ 1.064) ▲
20. THE BAND PERRY – Better Dig Two: 67.420 (+ 0.514) ▲

OUTRAS
FUN. – Some Nights: 66.589 (- 0.786)
RIHANNA – Pour It Up: 65.442 (+ 0.890)
TIM MCGRAW – One Of Those Nights: 63.606 (+ 0.213)
MUMFORD & SONS – I Will Wait: 63.243 (+ 0.946)
OF MONSTERS AND MEN – Little Talks: 59.640 (+ 1.372)
BRUNO MARS – When I Was Your Man: 57.466 (+ 2.422)
CARRIE UNDERWOOD – Two Black Cadillacs: 48.755 (+ 0.537)
BLAKE SHELTON – Sure Be Cool If You Did: 43.870 (+ 0.522)
MUSE – Madness: 31.195 (- 0.162)
LADY ANTEBELLUM – Downtown: 31.085 (+ 1.050)
OLLY MURS – Troublemaker f/Flo Rida: 31.049 (+ 1.036)
FUN. – Carry On: 30.712 (+ 0.661)
PITBULL – Feel This Moment f/C. Aguilera: 30.292 (+ 0.932)

Curiosidades:
RIHANNA – Stay f/Mikky Ekko: 22.346 (+ 1.943)
DRAKE – Started From The Bottom: 17.934 (+ 1.016)
ONE DIRECTION – Kiss You: 17.279 (+ 0.724)
IMAGINE DRAGONS – Radioactive: 12.640
BON JOVI – Because We Can: 10.165 (- 0.199)
FALL OUT BOY – My Songs Know What You Did…: 10.079 (+ 0.538)
LUMINEERS – Stubborn Love: 8.296
PARAMORE – Now: 4.027 (- 0.026)
CHER LLOYD – With Ur Love f/Juicy J: 2.959
PHILLIP PHILLIPS – Gone, Gone, Gone: 2.414
DIDO – No Freedom: 0.052
SATURDAYS – What About Us: 0.026

C'Mon actually had a decent update today. Second wind ala Girl on Fire or a fluke?

Kelly coming for top 10 five months later. I C u fools who called it a flop.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Radio:
RIHANNA – Pour It Up: 65.442 (+ 0.890)
RIHANNA – Stay f/Mikky Ekko: 22.346 (+ 1.943)

"Stay"'s highest update so far. Hopefully the Grammy's impact is starting to work for the song. It'll never go #1 without streaming, but good airplay will cement a Top 5 finish for it. Hopefully Def Jam gets with the program and puts it on Spotify and co.

iTunes:
1. Stay
29. Pour it Up
62. Diamonds
84. Loveeeeeee Song
87. Stay

Stay is still #1 on iTunes, and #1 on iTunes combined.

iEGWw46ZfGLHk.gif

"Stay"'s highest update so far. Hopefully the Grammy's impact is starting to work for the song. It'll never go #1 without streaming, but good airplay will cement a Top 5 finish for it. Hopefully Def Jam gets with the program and puts it on Spotify and co.

I wonder why labels don't keep the albums off streaming while putting up the singles? Its not like they make real $$$ on singles anyways. You could add the songs one by one until a year or so after the album hits when you put the whole thing up there.

Then again. Maybe Spotify would just tell the label to fuck off lol.

Edit:

Kelly gets her 3rd ACM awards nomination for Vocal Event of the Year for her duet with Vince Gill. She is the only female primary artist nominated in her category.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZdHY7j56zUg

Bladenic

Some other interesting iTunes chart positions:

Suit and Tie - #4

Mirrors - #7

Started from the Bottom - #9

And the latest viral fad song, Harlem Shake by Baauer, is at #13.

Ke$ha's C'Mon is at #45. Its weaker airplay could be offset by strong digital, but if she doesn't have that I doubt C'Mon can even peak in the top 20. Usually Kesha's songs tend to be stronger digital performers than radio, so if she loses that she's done.

Kyon

Banned
I still don't quite get the Harlem Shake fad. What kind if LTTP mess?

Poor brave Ke$ha.

Isn't it those 30 sec videos of 1 person in a helmet dancing while everyone in the vicinity is doing whatever they are doing and then at the breakdown it shows everyone dancing like crazy?

Trigger

Isn't it those 30 sec videos of 1 person in a helmet dancing while everyone in the vicinity is doing whatever they are doing and then at the breakdown it shows everyone dancing like crazy?

Yeah, I've seen them. I think they're a bit dumb, but harmless I suppose.

I really haven't fallen in love with a single Rih track so far this era. Usually I find at least one or two. Stay and Diamonds are good but nothing I could stan for. Phresh is just meh for me.

Pretty much the same for me.

I guess Nobody's Business, Lost in Paradise, Diamonds, Stay, ... are all relatively good songs. But not one song on Unapologetic is fantastic material. While every other album of hers has had at least 1 song that I truly love. Even TTT, which as a whole is worse than Unapologetic, had We Found Love.

Bladenic

Yep. My school already has videos of youtube of students doing it.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Beyoncé said:
Beyoncé says her new music “is a lot more sensual . . . empowering.” It celebrates being a wife and a mother, reflecting the obvious changes in her life. “Right now, after giving birth, I really understand the power of my body,” she says. “I just feel my body means something completely different. I feel a lot more confident about it. Even being heavier, thinner, whatever. I feel a lot more like a woman. More feminine, more sensual. And no shame.”

Now where have I heard something like this before...

Xtuna on Bionic said:
"Each album I release is a representation of my personal life experiences and how they have shaped me. ... Over the past four years ... I have become a mother, a wife, and most recently an actress ... This album was put together to capture all of these characteristics..."

In the immortal name of DC's second album, "The Writing is on The Wall"...

ii7Dt3WcLcvgX.gif

Nemesis_

lbr Beyotus isn't even finished yet considering the lack of capitalising on the superbowl. I feel like that performance was a waste.

Well not a waste, just not reaching it's full potential as much as it could of in terms of promo for her.

I am percheD either way.

iPnrR8t7FPLb4.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
If someone would have told me that in 2013 Scream and Shout would be shitting, Bey wouldn't premiere a new song at the SB, and Rih would be #1 on iTunes with a ballad, I'd have thought that person was crazy.

Bladenic

If someone would have told me that in 2013 Scream and Shout would be shitting, Bey wouldn't premiere a new song at the SB, and Rih would be #1 on iTunes with a ballad, I'd have thought that person was crazy.

A terrible year thus far, except for Stay slaying.

I finished House of Cards/God. I need season 2 asap omg. Slayed so hard.

Kyon

Banned

Seriously though. The past year has TESTED my religion in terms of chart performance. You just don't know who will be successful anymore now it doesn't matter if you had a hit the year before you could still flop.

Kyon

Banned
kyon, S&S crossed the 2 Million mark in the US today.

#BritneyBitch

Yasssssss

Both my faves slaying as per.

tumblr_me97spS7BU1qbvjf9o1_500.gif

ibg1Ib20jjU3VQ.gif

EDIT: like SERIOUSLY I don't think I ever experienced STRUGGLES with my Top 5 faves (Brandy was the exception RIP but it was inevitable) but seriously if Bey somehow slays like I just can't RECALL.... My faves are always at the top. I been Navy since 05 Rih used to be a NOBODY only known for Pon De Replay then SOS and Unfaithful she started becoming this somebody. Now basically the Head Bitch

I really know how to pick em :""""""")

Roy has a CURSE but I have a BLESSING.

Bladenic

I still haven't heard a reasonable explanation for One More Night staying at #1 for 9 weeks.

Maybe The Voice actually helped out? Who knows. Though on the downside, their album sales are nothing like they used to be (though not awful by any stretch).

cory64

Looks like Stay will be in the 300k range for next week's chart, based on Thrift Shop this week.
I think that would actually be better than any of Diamonds' weeks.

royalan

Now where have I heard something like this before...

In the immortal name of DC's second album, "The Writing is on The Wall"...

ii7Dt3WcLcvgX.gif

The tracklist has leaked!

1. Beyonic
  2. Someone Else Today
  3. YooHoo
  4. Rubber Love
  5. Vestirse
  6. Love & Cajun
  7. Fab
  8. Prima Ballerina
  9. Morning Dinner (Intro)
  10. Sex For Brunch
  11. Throw Me Down
  12. My Spleen (Intro)
  13. All I Could Take-Or-Leave
  14. I'm Not
  15. I Lost You
  16. I Love Boys
  17. My Cousins
  18. Conceited

Trigger

The problem with the 5-Bionic comparisons is that Bey's tour won't be cancelled and it will have much better sales in the long term. Xtina will remain the Top Flop.

royalan

The problem with the 5-Bionic comparisons is that Bey's tour won't be cancelled and it will have much better sales in the long term. Xtina will remain the Top Flop.

Of course it won't be Bionic level. My fave is Iconic. Even when she flops she flops it's iconic.

But I'm starting to smell a relative Bionic. A Beyonic.

SaintZ

The tracklist has leaked!

1. Beyonic
  2. Someone Else Today
  3. YooHoo
  4. Rubber Love
    [*]Vestirse
  5. Love & Cajun
  6. Fab
  7. Prima Ballerina
  8. Morning Dinner (Intro)
  9. Sex For Brunch
  10. Throw Me Down
  11. My Spleen (Intro)
  12. All I Could Take-Or-Leave
  13. I'm Not
  14. I Lost You
  15. I Love Boys
  16. My Cousins
  17. Conceited
LMAO! I still bop to Desnudate tbh.

cory64

Nothing can flop harder than Bionic in absolute terms.
At least that's what we thought a year ago.
She's just the gift that keeps on giving.

I see ya'll actively lodging yourself up your own asses (coz I'm sure the smell reminds you of your respective fave) for the sake of overcompensated delusion, but ultimately having to face the deeply unfortunate fact that Beyonce is and always will be more talented than your fave, more beautiful than your fave, more univerally adored than your fave, and at the end of the day, more iconic than your fave.

Until you repent and accept, keep wallowing in Beyonce Envy until your rectums can no longer clench.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom