• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course it won't be Bionic level. My fave is Iconic. Even when she flops she flops it's iconic.

But I'm starting to smell a relative Bionic. A Beyonic.

Except it will be listenable unlike Eric's "true music" abortion.

真の音楽愛好家のアルバムは、バイオニックの理解です。
True music lovers album is Bionic understanding.

Nemesis_

So I just realised I have to put together a six to seven hour playlist for this party.

This is more trouble than I remember it being tbh

ibg3TJhaRZWqwo.gif

Nemesis_

I see ya'll actively lodging yourself up your own asses (coz I'm sure the smell reminds you of your respective fave) for the sake of overcompensated delusion, but ultimately having to face the deeply unfortunate fact that Beyonce is and always will be more talented than your fave, more beautiful than your fave, more univerally adored than your fave, and at the end of the day, more iconic than your fave.

Until you repent and accept, keep wallowing in Beyonce Envy until your rectums can no longer clench.

Bye I'm not living in the US so these local acts are useless against me.

igtTEZT9AVN9B.gif

Honestly all that matters is that I love it. I have loved each of her solo albums more and more as they release, so going this pattern "5" should top "4" for me. If it doesn't then I guess you can call it "Beyonic" and I'll try not to roll my eyes like a pinwheel.

That said, I DIED at the Beyonic tracklist. "Somebody Else Today" did me in. lol

Bladenic

Fifth albums are generally amazing, so maybe Beyonic won't be Bionic.

Blackout, B2B, and Loud were all good.

B2B wasn't Extinct's fifth though. Bionic was fifth (counting the Spanish album, 4th otherwise) Lotus was fifth without the Spanish album, but either way Beyonic or Beytus can't win.

Majmun

Honestly all that matters is that I love it. I have loved each of her solo albums more and more as they release, so going this pattern "5" should top "4" for me. If it doesn't then I guess you can call it "Beyonic" and I'll try not to roll my eyes like a pinwheel.

Beyonic sounds pretty funny tbh. But I can't wait for Bey to drop her new stuff and slay. The record clocking will be legendary.

All this hate will only make it better. Bey can't flop, and she won't. Haters can stay londa.

And I just reported the Navy. Their misbehavings will only raise Rih's CARTERTAX

Mau ®

I havent gone in on Bey yet because I do believe that one hit song can turn it for her. I think people here are being too hasty in declaring flop for something that hasnt yet begun.

Im just stating the facts though. Beyoncé did not experience any kind of big resurgence after the SuperBowl. Not only did her performance failed to outperform Madonna's (in terms of ratings) but it also failed to spark any substantial interest in her music, judging by sales of the singles performed.

Kyon

Banned
That's because it didnt help that a few days before she was public enemy #1 with the lip syncing.

It is still the talk of the town. Now people don't think she ever sings live. Respect has decreased for her.

It's really bad

Mau ®

That's because it didnt help that a few days before she was public enemy #1 with the lip syncing.

Wouldn't the SuperBowl (which was entirely live) help change that perception?

Anyway, a reputation of being a mimer doesnt detract from sales IMO. Otherwise Britney would be a big ass flop by now. It's just something to laugh at on occasions imo.

Like "Remember that time Bey mimed at the Presidents Party kiii kii kii" and then you moved on...

Kyon

Banned

Anyway, a reputation of being a mimer doesnt detract from sales IMO. Otherwise Britney would be a big ass flop by now. It's just something to laugh at on occasions imo.

Like "Remember that time Bey mimed at the Presidents Party kiii kii kii" and then you moved on...

True but the media never made a huge deal about it like.. Ever lol it's always talked about but not covered by CNN and Fox News lmfao

royalan

Ultimately, I don't think the lip syncing was that big a deal. More funny than anything. But I will say that Bey couldn't have chosen a WORSE venue to do it. Especially when Kelly got up there right after her and sang a more difficult song completely live. The whole incident just did nothing to endear her with the audience she was probably trying to appeal to.

That, and I've said it before and y'all keep paying me dust despite, but her Super Bowl performance was bad. Just high energy twerking. And does ANYBODY think that the majority of the audience who tunes into the Super Bowl really gives a fuck about a Destiny's Child reunion? Outside of one or two songs Beyonce really isn't the type of artist to reap the full benefit of a Super Bowl performance. All cartoonish hate aside I'm really not surprised that it didn't do anything for her.

I also don't see an HBO special doing shit for her. Her stans probably don't even have HBO, no tea no shade.

So far Beyonce's promo strategy seems to largely be bludgeoning as many people as she can with ANY type of big budget promo, but it still hasn't been smart promo.

We'll see how it works for her.

cory64

The Pepcé error is so different than everyone thought it would be just a month ago.
I'm truly disappointed, no tea no shade.

cory64

I seriously think Rihanna should've headlined IMO.

She is at the top of the game currently.
She'll probably do it in 2015 to coincide with her 10th anniversary greatest hits collection.
Damn, our fave is still 2½ years away from a decade in the game. Plenty of time to slay.

Lead single 2 weeks before the Super Bowl, because she's someone who can make something iconic on such short notice.
Greatest Hits Volume 1 & 2 the week after.

Kyon

Banned
She'll probably do it in 2015 to coincide with her 10th anniversary greatest hits collection.
Damn, our fave is still 2½ years away from a decade in the game. Plenty of time to slay.

She has enough for 3 volumes tho

A Triple Album full of ha hits.

Could anyone tho?

#WeBadUMad
#Majah
#Navy

iEGWw46ZfGLHk.gif

#5Head

cory64

She won't by then, at least not if they're going to be #Iconic.
Might be able to get away with a B-Sides/Fan Favorites volume tho
Britney's the only other current one that could do 2 volumes.

I havent gone in on Bey yet because I do believe that one hit song can turn it for her. I think people here are being too hasty in declaring flop for something that hasnt yet begun.

Im just stating the facts though. Beyoncé did not experience any kind of big resurgence after the SuperBowl. Not only did her performance failed to outperform Madonna's (in terms of ratings) but it also failed to spark any substantial interest in her music, judging by sales of the singles performed.

I agree. While she wasted the super bowl I am not making any hard predictions till after the first single hits. I not sure what I want from Bey at this point so its all up in the air.

I still haven't heard a reasonable explanation for One More Night staying at #1 for 9 weeks.

I imagine the explanation is identical to the explanation of why Scream & Shout is smashing.

Nemesis_

Bye. Nobody will ever do what Eric did with Bionic. It was truly an iconic failure.

Indeed.

クリス ・ ブラウンの愛リアーナ、彼が痛い取得満足。
Chris Brown love Rihanna, his hurts get satisfaction.

才能は、リアーナの音楽を書いています。それです。
Talent wrote a Rihanna music. It is.

Nemesis_

Some translation website that translates phrases to Japanese, then back to English kept changing "Xtina" to Eric.

Let's be real though - it never tells a lie:

特別行政地域香港ロバ盗まれた妹ソランジュ ノウルズ ビヨンセ国サウンド ユニット。
Special Administrative Region Hong Kong S.A.R. donkeys stolen sister Solange Knowles Beyonce country sound unit.

Nemesis_

垂直支払った横たわっている奴、彼の父の父の世代 HOMEWRECKERS。売春婦は、世間の目で見られることを恥じる必要があります。
Vertical paid lying bastard, his father's father's generation HOMEWRECKERS. Prostitutes should be ashamed to be seen in the public eye.

ibkgNpN1YLcNnj.gif

Radio Waffles?

Well TBH S&S is doing well on radio, but I think it will have a hard time going #1.

What the two have in common is my mind that they both are songs that essentially take what the artists see on radio now and are distilled to their most basic level (similar to network television). So while they impact the most people, they kind of suck.

Also, when did you become #NAVY? Xtincter's are #NAVY, Brit stans are #NAVY. Who next? I almost feel obligated to hate on her even more to keep some semblance of balance in this thread. This trend is vile. Bandwagoners.....all of you!

The fact that now, over 2 and a half years later, Bionic has only done 300k in the US, despite opening at 110k is LEGENDARY. People are really trying it with this Beyonic narrative. The only one who could hope to recreate this fracaso is Azealia Banks.

The fact that now, over 2 and a half years later, Bionic has only done 300k in the US, despite opening at 110k is LEGENDARY. People are really trying it with this Beyonic narrative. The only one who could hope to recreate this fracaso is Azealia Banks.

Eh I think you have to have been a star at one point before you can pull off something as Iconic as Bionic. Azealia was never a star so if she flops people will talk about it for a week and she will never be remembered again.

Thrift Shop should die in a fire.

Yet it is still better than S&S or S&T.

Kyon

Banned
Well TBH S&S is doing well on radio, but I think it will have a hard time going #1.

What the two have in common is my mind that they both are songs that essentially take what the artists see on radio now and are distilled to their most basic level (similar to network television). So while they impact the most people, they kind of suck.

Also, when did you become #NAVY? Xtincter's are #NAVY, Brit stans are #NAVY. Who next? I almost feel obligated to hate on her even more to keep some semblance of balance in this thread. This trend is vile. Bandwagoners.....all of you!

I always been navy since Music of the Sun. just because i call her The Forehead doesnt mean im not Navy. check OT1. Also don't EVER call me a bandwagoner because I will feel obligated to literally take an hour of my day to clock every single receipt ever about all of the bandwagoning y'all do on a daily. I've never been a bandwagoner and will never be. The practice is disgusting and an INSULT to me one of the only true Stans on this forum no shade.
flirt.gif

I always been navy since Music of the Sun. just because i call her The Forehead doesnt mean im not Navy. check OT1. Also don't EVER call me a bandwagoner because I will feel obligated to literally take an hour of my day to clock every single receipt ever about all of the bandwagoning y'all do on a daily. I've never been a bandwagoner and will never be. The practice is disgusting and an INSULT to me one of the only true Stans on this forum no shade.
flirt.gif

Wasn't referring to you specifically. Just the general trend.

DMeisterJ

Banned

I can't speak for everyone else, but I don't think Beyonic will be a Bionic level flop of only selling 300k. It'll do much better than that. Beyonic to me, would be performing the same or worse than 4 (album and singles-wise). Remember that no tracks from 4 impacted the top 10. That's awful for such a huge artist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom