• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rookje

Sorry but this hair whip was more entertaining than that entire S&T video

tumblr_mi86bzYbMj1qdpd3co1_500_zpsfebfd595.gif

I'm scared to look into this Harlem Shake business coz I worry that I might love it.

Is it like awful dancey like Scream and Fail or actually good like Thrift Shop?

cory64

I'm scared to look into this Harlem Shake business coz I worry that I might love it.

Is it like awful dancey like Scream and Fail or actually good like Thrift Shop?

It's just some random noises. Sounds like a poor man's Diplo (because it is, he's on his label).

Thrift Shop has officially clocked Stay. Harlem Shake is coming to clock her next.

ch.

Oh boo-hoo, your fave is number two on iTunes. Meanwhile one of my faves is wheelchair-bound, one legitimately refuses to announce her new album, and one quit the only high-profile gig she had to embark on an invisible tour. WHERE ARE YOU FAVES COME BACK TO MEEEE ;_;

DMeisterJ

Banned
This vid was a bitch to .gif. You only get 10-15 frames before they jump to another random shot or random person. Anyway, Britney shat in this vid. I'm so ready for Album 8 and more of her shitting.

iXIiZ65aEHgAg.gif

iVLaxzHCzSRT8.gif

royalan

Happy Valentines' day POP-GAF!!! Since it's a day of <3, I want to serenade the following POP-GAFfers for being flawless and being my favorites to follow around here:

- ROBIDO: For being my number one fierce bitch on here. You make me love Beyonce even more because she's the only person in music that we share a mutual adoration for. <3

- ROYALAN: For addressing my posts more than anyone else here, for being a fellow citizen of the Republic of Xtinastan, and for being pretty. You make me love Beyonce even more because your vehement shading exacerbates my white guilt. <3

- BOTTY: For being relentlessly witty and entertaining on a constant, for being a fellow citizen of the Republic of Xtinastan, and for having the most balanced taste in pop on POP-GAF. Also I love calling you out on some of your batshit crazy opinions. Never change. <3

I'm going to channel all of my sexual charisma into sitting and marathoning Extreme Couponing tonight. It's gonna be sexy.

Aww...Just saw this. Happy V-Day BB! :)

Also...BOTTY! SOUL-SIS

I know I shouldn't be setting myself up for disappointment like this, but there's been some big rumblings in Camp Xtina lately.

Now, there have been rumors of a Lotus relaunch of sorts going around for a while now, but until this week there hasn't really been much concrete to go off of - just tweets from her stylist cryptically mentioning styling someone for several video shoots and then sending shout outs to @TheRealXtina right after, and a choreographer recently tweeted her the other day. We also know that she just wrapped up her fragrance shoot two weeks ago. This was enough to get stans talking, but not really strong receipts.

Well, yesterday, Mediabase updated their site and have JUST A FOOL down as being sent for radio adds next week. But, as we all know, JAF was officially sent for adds Dec 4.

I don't want to get too excited, but this could be a pretty good indication that there's something to all the relaunch rumors. And, I mean, Xtina HAS been more off-the-radar these last few weeks than normal.

I'm excited. I shouldn't be, but I am. Relaunch JAF, drop the fragrance ad, premier the video, save the era. ;____;

Koodo

Banned
This vid was a bitch to .gif. You only get 10-15 frames before they jump to another random shot or random person. Anyway, Britney shat in this vid. I'm so ready for Album 8 and more of her shitting.

iXIiZ65aEHgAg.gif

iVLaxzHCzSRT8.gif
What's funny is that the director of the video said he was inspired by GIFs. Must be a tumblr user.

But Godney was giving me such FEMBOT FACE. I LIVED. She needs to permanently hire the stylist of the S&S videos, ha weave has been bopping on point.

cory64

I don't want to get too excited, but this could be a pretty good indication that there's something to all the relaunch rumors. And, I mean, Xtina HAS been more off-the-radar these last few weeks than normal.

I'm excited. I shouldn't be, but I am. Relaunch JAF, drop the fragrance ad, premier the video, save the era. ;____;

Let's hope she pulls it off so that she gets better treatment for album 6.

I'm sorry but Britney is the limpest bitch in the cut. Seeing her try to act fierce makes me giggle because she is SO NOT.

She reminds me of my 9 year niece doing a Beyonce impression...

And @Roy I'm hoping a relaunch is in the works because I've completely forgotten about Lotus already. I still listen to Just A Fool and Let There Be Love but as an album I've let that go a while back. I'm ready to go full stan again. She deserves so much better ;__;

Trigger

I didn't mind Brit. There's only so much she can do to make Scream & Shit great. I'm sure she'll be shitting with her next album.

royalan

Britney looked good tbh.

That breakup has been wonderful for ha *.*

Sis! I need your radio expertise!

What does it mean when a song that was already sent for adds gets sent for adds again? Has this happened before? Is this indicative of a possible relaunch? Can I get excited????

NewYorkCrying.gif

Mau ®

Sis! I need your radio expertise!

What does it mean when a song that was already sent for adds gets sent for adds again? Has this happened before? Is this indicative of a possible relaunch? Can I get excited????

NewYorkCrying.gif

Well maybe they're trying with another format?

I dont RIHmember if JAF was sent to pop, AC or country. But sometimes songs are sent to one format only and then they realize it has crossover potential and they send it to another format. This might what's happening?

royalan

Well maybe they're trying with another format?

I dont RIHmember if JAF was sent to pop, AC or country. But sometimes songs are sent to one format only and then they realize it has crossover potential and they send it to another format. This might what's happening?

I can't remember where it was sent the first time, but I know it's being sent to Hot AC this time, which I think makes sense. That's where it got the majority of its spins the first time. Actually, it's still getting positive updates on the few AC stations that have added it. *.*

With its original release JAF only technically went to adds for top 40. When a song goes for adds it generally involves promotional material sent out to the radio stations of that format.

The relaunch of JAF (as I recall....read an article about it a few weeks ago on ATRL) is a simultaneous rerelease to both Pop/AC and Country. I imagine that they have redone the promotional material for round 2.

Mau ®

Yes, country and Hot AC are the best choices for JAF. I mean TOP 40 was gonna pay it dust on the basis that its a) a ballad b) a xtina song (kiii) and c) has quite a few country elements.

The last country song I rihmember that did REALLY well in TOP 40 was The LORD'S "Love Story" but even that wasnt entirely country (plus they sent out vile pop mixes).

I will say this. Country is going to pay the song dust either way. Its not "country" enough for them to play it. Country radio is not like pop radio where as long as it has "elements" of the genre they will go along with it.

Country has this thing about wanting to be the primary format of every song they play. Hence why Kelly had a megasmash with Don't You Wanna Stay yet they gave Mr. Know It All (which was rerecorded for country) no play at all.

royalan

Thanks for clarifying that Waffle!

Yes, country and Hot AC are the best choices for JAF. I mean TOP 40 was gonna pay it dust on the basis that its a) a ballad b) a xtina song (kiii) and c) has quite a few country elements.

The last country song I rihmember that did REALLY well in TOP 40 was The LORD'S "Love Story" but even that wasnt entirely country (plus they sent out vile pop mixes).

I agree with this.

From what I've read, it seems like Xtina's going to have to win over another format before Top 40/Pop take a chance on her. I've always thought Hot AC was a good format to accomplish this. Also, believe it or not, R&B. She has the strongest urban leanings and crossover potential of any of the blonde pop bombshells, and ALL of her albums have at least one really strong urban hit. So I always thought it was weird that she hasn't really tried to leverage this with a hit on the r&b charts since Stripped.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Oh boo-hoo, your fave is number two on iTunes. Meanwhile one of my faves is wheelchair-bound, one legitimately refuses to announce her new album, and one quit the only high-profile gig she had to embark on an invisible tour. WHERE ARE YOU FAVES COME BACK TO MEEEE ;_;

Jessie J?

Kiiii
I like Dark Paradise more than Cola so I'm cool. Flawless Cover as usual *.*

Kyon

Banned
tumblr_md648aO1J31r3ty02o1_500.gif

I'm I'm

SCREAMINGGGGGG

GODNEY WAS EVERYTHING!

YASSS GET HIP HOP HOE ON ME! YASSS YANK AND THRASH THAT PONYTAIL BITCH YASSSS! GIVE ME EVERYTHING BITCH!

FINALLY BRITNEY GOT TO BE URBAN FOR REAL IN A VIDEO YAAAASSS!

R&B/HIPHOP alberm PLEASE.

tumblr_mi7tmgboKr1qbvjf9o1_500.gif

tumblr_mi7t4zbIFh1r23uddo1_500.gif

tumblr_mi7tf8CJSi1r23uddo1_500.gif

tumblr_mi7uh3ATHk1rllttpo1_500.gif

tumblr_mi7u582O5H1qbvjf9o1_500.gif

Mau ®

Nicki posted this on ha twitter.

tumblr_mi8emev0qO1qh96tgo2_500.jpg

She also gave out a $1000 dls to the hottest #ken and#barbz who sent pics to ha. I'd show some pics but Modmei would not approve kiii

Get money #barbz!!!

tumblr_m28hensFnz1r3mrg9o1_500.gif

B-Dex

tumblr_md648aO1J31r3ty02o1_500.gif

I'm I'm

SCREAMINGGGGGG

GODNEY WAS EVERYTHING!

YASSS GET HIP HOP HOE ON ME! YASSS YANK AND THRASH THAT PONYTAIL BITCH YASSSS! GIVE ME EVERYTHING BITCH!

FINALLY BRITNEY GOT TO BE URBAN FOR REAL IN A VIDEO YAAAASSS!

R&B/HIPHOP alberm PLEASE.

tumblr_mi7tmgboKr1qbvjf9o1_500.gif

tumblr_mi7t4zbIFh1r23uddo1_500.gif

tumblr_mi7tf8CJSi1r23uddo1_500.gif

tumblr_mi7uh3ATHk1rllttpo1_500.gif

tumblr_mi7u582O5H1qbvjf9o1_500.gif

From the OT topic:

My kids love this song. My 4 year old dances to it and sings the whole song,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom