• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh did you see the group 1D choosed to tour with them as a opening act?

FOUR Australian teenage bandmates have landed the gig of a lifetime, handpicked by British boy band One Direction to open on their world tour.

1D's Louis Tomlinson discovered the YouTube videos of rising pop rockers 5 Seconds Of Summer, who hail from Sydney's western suburbs, and championed them via social media.
Not sure I like the choice.

Would rather they went with a solo female act to provide some contrast, but thats just me.

Styles

tumblr_mi88mmVjYW1qb86xno1_500.jpg

Looks like the Lucky One was inspired by more than one person. It also gives insight to Taylor's perception of fame at the moment.

Mau ®

Stefan™;47741401 said:
tumblr_mi88mmVjYW1qb86xno1_500.jpg

Looks like the Lucky One was inspired by more than one person. It also gives insight to Taylor's perception of fame at the moment.

I kinda figured it was about different people, though I think one of them is definitely Britney tbh.

Trigger

Stefan™;47741401 said:

Huh. I should re-listen to it. I never picked up on that.

royalan

Wow...so I know Mumei doesn't want us discussing games too deeply in here, but I thought of a Pop analogy for the Wii U's predicament that I just have to share, and I think it would be better shared here...

Wii U is getting Bionic'd.

People will remember back when Bionic flopped it became an industry-wide joke. Its flopping became THE story. And people love for a good story to Iast a while.

When Bionic's flopping became its notable thing, there was nothing Christina could do to turn it around. It was done deal.

Nintendo today reached the point where Wii U's flopping has become it's one notable quality.

Wow...so I know Mumei doesn't want us discussing games too deeply in here, but I thought of a Pop analogy for the Wii U's predicament that I just have to share, and I think it would be better shared here...

Wii U is getting Bionic'd.

People will remember back when Bionic flopped it became an industry-wide joke. Its flopping became THE story. And people love for a good story to Iast a while.

When Bionic's flopping became its notable thing, there was nothing Christina could do to turn it around. It was done deal.

Nintendo today reached the point where Wii U's flopping has become it's one notable quality.

Eh.....I don't buy the comparison.

Vita I get since it has in common with Xtina that its brand obviously isn't strong enough to sell units. Wii U is more like Born This Way in that when it hit people were disappointed, but at the end of the day it was still a Gaga album and went on to sell 6 million units regardless of the disappointment. Just like Wii U will still go on to sell tens of millions of units just on Nintendo's core franchises....tis inevitable.

Valuable brand vs Worthless brand

royalan

Vita I get since it has in common with Xtina that its brand obviously isn't strong enough to sell units. Wii U is more like Born This Way in that when it hit people were disappointed, but at the end of the day it was still a Gaga album and went sold 6 million units regardless of the dissapointment. Just like Wii U will still go on to sell tens of millions of units just on Nintendo's core franchises....tis inevitable.

I disagree.

Xtina's brand, while maybe not as big as Britney's, was still very valuable...until Bionic. Bionic DECIMATED It. Bionic flopping wouldn't have been NEARLY as iconic as it was if it weren't for this fact.

Just look at Lotus, it's not getting nearly the same amount of "whoa! look at that flop!" press that Bionic did, despite the fact that as of right now Lotus is technically the bigger flop.

I disagree.

Xtina's brand, while maybe not as big as Britney's, was still very valuable...until Bionic. Bionic DECIMATED It. Bionic flopping wouldn't have been NEARLY as iconic as it was if it weren't for this fact.

Just look at Lotus, it's not getting nearly the same amount of "whoa! look at that flop!" press as Bionic did, despite the fact that as of right now Lotus is technically the bigger flop.

I think you are giving too much credit to NPD analysis - nobody even has concrete numbers - and gaming journalism. It's a flop right now, for sure, but Nintendo isn't going to abandon it like Christina did with Bionic. It's already looking to get some really great Nintendo support, which will keep it on shelves and in the public view.

Won't be a BTW, but it won't be a Bionic either. Another Wii will never happen, but they've still got an undeniable brand appeal.

I disagree.

Just look at Lotus, it's not getting nearly the same amount of "whoa! look at that flop!" press that Bionic did, despite the fact that as of right now Lotus is technically the bigger flop.

Well thats because the music on Bionic was not what the public wanted. (Well either that or Xtina's brand was not nearly as strong as you thought).

Thats not nearly the same situation as the Wii-U. Its a lack of games that is hurting it, there have been no signs of the public rejecting its key franchises because few of them have even been released. With Xtina on the other hand every song was available at release and the public gave a collective "meh".

Vita is Glasshearts lol

Mostly I just think the comparison is silly at this point in time. Its too soon. Especially after the 3DS turnaround. In fact I think the comparison to Born This Way is very apt since it is following in the footsteps of a predecessor whose success was going to be virtually impossible to match.

Nnnnnn, she's acting messy as hell and getting clocked.

Sazon Booya @SazonBooya

@IAMETC @itsbrillz @baauer @azealiabanks she aint got nutting else to do but jack tracks..its all she's ever done with her career

YUNG RAPUNXEL ‏@AZEALIABANKS

@IAMETC @itsbrillz @baauer all of you niggas need to grab each others dicks in a circle jerk and fucking blast off to mars....

Brillz @ItsBrillz

@AZEALIABANKS @iametc @baauer were too busy making tunes for u to steal tho

Kyon

Banned

Vita I get since it has in common with Xtina that its brand obviously isn't strong enough to sell units. Wii U is more like Born This Way in that when it hit people were disappointed, but at the end of the day it was still a Gaga album and went on to sell 6 million units regardless of the disappointment. Just like Wii U will still go on to sell tens of millions of units just on Nintendo's core franchises....tis inevitable.

Except It already launched with a Mario game.

All I'm gonna say about that

Nemesis_

Meanwhile, at least one building is making an effort to help the Little Monsters get their Gaga fix. For those who were looking forward to seeing Gaga perform at Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia at two sold out shows next week, XFinity Live! Philadelphia, the dining and entertainment district located next to the Wells Fargo Center, will host a free screening of a pre-recorded Lady Gaga full-concert performance on a 32-foot, high-definition screen on February 19. Admission is free and open to the public.

I am of the opinion that we won't hear from Gaga for at least another three months.

ibzUeZetR3NrtW.gif

I saw the Gentlewoman post on Beyonce's FB feed and freaked shit coz I thought that was the album cover. I was kinda hoping it would be a random as fuck concept like that. I'm hoping she takes a bigger risk for her next album but I also don't want her to stray too far from her sound/aesthetic.

Hmm. The stan catch-22.

I've had 4 on repeat all morning. It's really one of the best albums of our time. Everything is perfect. I think years from now, 4 is going to be the highlight of her career. As a complete album, it's EVERYTHING.

1. TAYLOR SWIFT – I Knew You Were Trouble: 193.232 (-0.651)
2. BRUNO MARS – Locked Out Of Heaven: 175.237 (-2.296)
3. SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA – Don’t You Worry Child: 153.828 (+1.044)
4. MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS – Thrift Shop f/Wanz: 152.052 (+2.336)
5. LUMINEERS – Ho Hey: 141.135 (-1.735)
6. WILL.I.AM & BRITNEY SPEARS – Scream And Shout: 136.251 (+0.151)
7. PINK – Try: 121.526 (-0.784)
8. MAROON 5 – Daylight: 112.274 (+2.459)
9. JUSTIN BIEBER – Beauty And A Beat f/N. Minaj: 107.310 (-2.407)
10. JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE – Suit & Tie f/JAY Z: 97.562 (+1.568)

11. CALVIN HARRIS – Sweet Nothing f/Florence Welch: 95.058 (+1.413)
12. KELLY CLARKSON – Catch My Breath: 91.885 (+0.047)
13. ALICIA KEYS – Girl On Fire: 88.688 (-0.763)
14. MAROON 5 – One More Night: 80.496 (-0.982)
15. IMAGINE DRAGONS – It’s Time: 76.022 (+0.591) ▲
16. PHILLIP PHILLIPS – Home: 75.738 (-1.429) ▼
17. A$AP ROCKY – F**kin Problems f/Drake: 72.323 (-0.604)
18. RIHANNA – Diamonds: 69.386 (-1.465)
19. KE$HA – C’mon: 68.380 (-0.083)
20. THE BAND PERRY – Better Dig Two: 67.733 (+0.008)

RIHANNA – Pour It Up: 66.782 (-0.079)
FUN. – Some Nights: 66.004 (+0.036)
MUMFORD & SONS – I Will Wait: 65.821 (+1.066)
TIM MCGRAW – One Of Those Nights: 64.463 (+0.417)
BRUNO MARS – When I Was Your Man: 63.316 (+2.976)
OF MONSTERS AND MEN – Little Talks: 61.314 (+0.754)
CARRIE UNDERWOOD – Two Black Cadillacs: 49.268 (-0.061)
BLAKE SHELTON – Sure Be Cool If You Did: 44.588 (+0.487)
PITBULL – Feel This Moment f/C. Aguilera: 33.461 (+1.915)
LADY ANTEBELLUM – Downtown: 32.858 (+0.740)
OLLY MURS – Troublemaker f/Flo Rida: 32.768 (+0.731)
FUN. – Carry On: 32.038 (+0.436)
MUSE – Madness: 31.146 (+0.086)
RIHANNA – Stay f/Mikky Ekko: 25.866 (+1.329)
DRAKE – Started From The Bottom: 19.982 (+0.931)
ONE DIRECTION – Kiss You: 18.552 (+0.682)

KREWELLA – Alive: 13.031 (+0.420)
FALL OUT BOY – My Songs Know What You Did…: 10.917 (+0.441)
BON JOVI – Because We Can: 9.821 (+0.034)
LUMINEERS – Stubborn Love: 8.551 (+0.129)
PARAMORE – Now: 4.018
CHER LLOYD – With Ur Love f/Juicy J: 3.472 (+0.214)
PINK – Just Give Me A Reason: 2.675 (+0.355)

Off the wall update today with S&S, CMB, and PIU all stalling out after having great updates all week. We will see if today was a fluke or if these trends continue tomorrow.

Also Taylors IKYWT starting to drop meaning that its only a matter of time before Thrift Shop goes #1 (assuming it doesn't stall out at some point).

SaintZ

So, Azealia continued with her MESS this morning on twitter. Seems you have to update your thread Superman (via ONTD):

igUGdSOCumYuM.png

iwSGZnlLm07IK.png

iefTDU3DlQRXx.png

ibiCJrN7XZGVui.png

iqTI7Nfpbo5pq.png

iufWeRcSVREdl.png

I liked when she goes and has beef with people because it is entertaining but ugggggghhhhh she need to stawhp with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom