• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
Also...BOTTY! SOUL-SIS

I know I shouldn't be setting myself up for disappointment like this, but there's been some big rumblings in Camp Xtina lately.

Now, there have been rumors of a Lotus relaunch of sorts going around for a while now, but until this week there hasn't really been much concrete to go off of - just tweets from her stylist cryptically mentioning styling someone for several video shoots and then sending shout outs to @TheRealXtina right after, and a choreographer recently tweeted her the other day. We also know that she just wrapped up her fragrance shoot two weeks ago. This was enough to get stans talking, but not really strong receipts.

Well, yesterday, Mediabase updated their site and have JUST A FOOL down as being sent for radio adds next week. But, as we all know, JAF was officially sent for adds Dec 4.

I don't want to get too excited, but this could be a pretty good indication that there's something to all the relaunch rumors. And, I mean, Xtina HAS been more off-the-radar these last few weeks than normal.

I'm excited. I shouldn't be, but I am. Relaunch JAF, drop the fragrance ad, premier the video, save the era. ;____;

I heard a rumor about her losing weight to be in videos, but we will see. Things have gotten waY to quiet on her end, tbh. ;__;

She also gave out a $1000 dls to the hottest #ken and#barbz who sent pics to ha. I'd show some pics but Modmei would not approve kiii

Get money #barbz!!!

I'm on her twitter now. the BARBZ are a mess!!!!!!!!!

Kyon

Banned
From the OT topic:

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.

Also your TIRED shtick of posting shit from other topics is just expired hun.

Can you CONTRIBUTE something here instead of just being some MESSENGER and the FACE of LESSOR GAF?

Seriously

Didn't you EXIT this thread for months and said you'll never come back? What happened to that?

Well it's not like you made any IMPACT while here or NOT HERE so whatever. You just don't MATTER to me. A fart in the depths of DEPRAVITY

botty

Banned

Can you CONTRIBUTE something here instead of just being some MESSENGER and the FACE of LESSOR GAF?

Seriously

Didn't you EXIT this thread for months and said you'll never come back? What happened to that?

Don't snaTch too hard, bb.

tumblr_mi7tmgboKr1qbvjf9o1_500.gif

Kyon

Banned
So if the remix ends up selling decently S&S has a good chance of going number 1 right?

it's number 1 on the WW Chart

Anyway I spoke with one of the Billboard tallying people and I asked of this will be added with it like every other remix and he said no :) too different from the original. Thank GOD tbh. The pop version should be the only version that should be slaying.

So if the remix ends up selling decently S&S has a good chance of going number 1 right?

Virtually impossible.

Thrift Shop has the lead in sales, streaming, AND airplay. I don't think there is any precedent for remix's igniting sales to a significant degree.

Edit: WW is another conversation of course

Kyon

Banned
Isn't that how perra got ET to number 1?

Yes. It's how a lot of Perra's singles went to #1. Because she released a remix a few weeks after along with a $0.69 sale. It was a great formula until Billboard caught wind of these disgusting desperate acts and changed the rules so she basically ruined it for everyone else

Mau ®

I don't think there is any precedent for remix's igniting sales to a significant degree.

I seem to remember a few cases like Florence's Spectrum (Calvin Harris remix) in Europe and AUS. And the Kid Cudi's Day & Night (Crookers remix).

But it's definitely not the norm, usually.

Artemisia

Banned
Yes. It's how a lot of Perra's singles went to #1. Because she released a remix a few weeks after along with a $0.69 sale. It was a great formula until Billboard caught wind of these disgusting desperate acts and changed the rules so she basically ruined it for everyone else

she tried it with that horrid TOTGA B.O.B remix

only peaked at #3. poor ha

ibratAlAduLc5G.jpg

moulels

OMF WHAT ARE THOSE FLAWLESS GODNEY GIFS

IS THE VIDEO ALREADY OUT? LET ME WATCH

btw Cammie Dunaway was iconic I miss ha ;__; she was also an excelent marketer something that flop Muffins is lacking.

nintendo-.jpg

Werk that DS XL *.*

Mau ®

she tried it with that horrid TOTGA B.O.B remix

only peaked at #3. poor ha

ibratAlAduLc5G.jpg

Not only did she tried it with the B.O.B remix but she also released an acoustic version and then later discounted the single to .69 cents.

None worked kiiii

Serves her right. I hate that song.

DMeisterJ

Banned

It's also how S&M clocked #1. Britney and the church of Godney slayeD iTunes in cooperation with the #NAVY.

That was a blessed evenT.

Kyon

Banned
For those who care (or don't cause we already have the gifs but in motion is still great *.*)

Here is the REAL S&S Remix video

http://youtu.be/saIujQ5vmv4

It's also how S&M clocked #1. Britney and the church of Godney slayeD iTunes in cooperation with the #NAVY.

That was a blessed evenT.

Except bitches didnt need a DISCOUNT. They SLAY on name alone. And by us BUYING and REAL Stans who SUPPORT our faves.

Navy and Army are one of the only few stanbases DOING SOMETHING as EVIDENCED.

Seriously Im still SCREAMING at the out of nowhere collabo AND performance *.* you must know that as Army/Navy it was EVERYTHING. Imagine if they did a song like not just a remix but a song written for both of them. I don't think I'd be with you gurls in this DIMENSION.

Mau ®

Fun. says their album & "We are young" hit were inspired by Rihanna

Everyone has a wish list, even Grammy-winning rock superstars. So, who was on Fun.'s pie-in-the-sky lineup when they were casting about for a female voice for their Grammy-winning smash "We Are Young"?

Rihanna, and it almost happened.

"They said, 'who can we get? And I said, 'let's get Rihanna,'" explained the song's producer, Jeff Bhasker, who joined the trio's members on stage on Sunday to scoop up the Song of the Year
 honor. It might have seemed like a brash call for a band who, at that point, had put out one barely-noticed album and was not expected to set the world on fire with their second.

fun. - "We Are Young (Featuring Janelle Monae)"

"We were shooting for the stars on everything and she was kind of a muse," said Bhasker, who has worked with everyone from Alicia Keys to Bruno Mars, Jay-Z, Mary J. Blige, Taylor Swift and the Rolling Stones after making his name writing songs and creating beats for Kanye West's 808s & Heartbreak. Bhasker said Rih was their touchstone for the album, with pictures of her hanging all over the studio as they were recording.

"But everything works out for a reason and Janelle [Monáe] worked out to be the perfect choice," said Bhasker, who was still trying to figure out where he was going to put his third Grammy when MTV News caught up with him on Wednesday. "She brought the right element of a great soulful flavor that we wanted for the album."

But why didn't the Rihanna ask work out? "Someone tried to reach out and I know she heard the song and liked it," he said. "But I think some wires just got crossed."

What kind of flawless muse?
52b0f867.gif

Not only does she effortlessly get #1 hits but she also inspires them.

tumblr_mi1cfoYaaB1qh9nffo1_500.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
Except bitches didnt need a DISCOUNT. They SLAY on name alone. And by us BUYING and REAL Stans who SUPPORT our faves.

Navy and Army are one of the only few stanbases DOING SOMETHING as EVIDENCED.

Seriously Im still SCREAMING at the out of nowhere collabo AND performance *.* you must know that as Army/Navy it was EVERYTHING. Imagine if they did a song like not just a remix but a song written for both of them. I don't think I'd be with you gurls in this DIMENSION.

omg if it happens
52b0f867.gif
52b0f867.gif

Fun. says their album & "We are young" hit were inspired by Rihanna

What kind of flawless muse?
52b0f867.gif

Not only does she effortlessly get #1 hits but she also inspires them.

tumblr_mi1cfoYaaB1qh9nffo1_500.gif

Rihanna has been receiving so much praise from so many successful pop stars. People are truly here for her. She will NOT be forgotten.

iEGWw46ZfGLHk.gif

royalan

...so, since Rihanna was the muse for the track, that means Janelle was basically her stand-in? She put off The Electric Lady to be some band's "the girl I was checking out all night went home" runner-up drunk lay?

...tsk

B-Dex

Seriously

Well it's not like you made any IMPACT while here or NOT HERE so whatever. You just don't MATTER to me. A fart in the depths of DEPRAVITY

Yes I am quite TIRED of the personal attacks from the cunts in this thread. How is that contributing anything?

I thought the post was funny from that thread and I didn't see any of you hos posting in it so I thought I would share. It's almost as hilarious as the 8y/os dancing with their moms at the Ke$ha concert while she sings about cumming.

But I guess since all you have to cling to are a few "urban" shitney gifs I can see why you'd be seething.

Trigger

...so, since Rihanna was the muse for the track, that means Janelle was basically her stand-in? She put off The Electric Lady to be some band's "the girl I was checking out all night went home" runner-up drunk lay?

...tsk

And yet that's the most exposure she's had in a long time. Sometimes I wonder how much better she'd be doing with a stronger team.

Delio

I won't buy one till Wind Waker/3D Mario/Brawl myself so I am not going to worry about sales until the software hits. There is nothing to play right now.... not surprised it isn't selling well.

(My only word on the subject.)

I will once it hit dvd/streaming simply because I will want it for gifs lol.

Oh did you see the group 1D choosed to tour with them as a opening act?

mXrXvkt.jpg

FOUR Australian teenage bandmates have landed the gig of a lifetime, handpicked by British boy band One Direction to open on their world tour.

1D's Louis Tomlinson discovered the YouTube videos of rising pop rockers 5 Seconds Of Summer, who hail from Sydney's western suburbs, and championed them via social media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom