• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Azealia's fucking dumb. Why hasn't "Faggot" become a colloquialism? How about because we're still smack-dab in the middle of our own version of the Civil Rights movement? Nobody spouted off this mess in 1961.

More importantly, why not make up a new word to mean "liar" and "backstabber" instead of a term that the entire universe equates with gay people.

Also, way to alienate the only demographic still keeping you afloat you bushy bitch.

Bladenic

So now she's beefing with Baauer. Not sure what happened, but she continues to beef with the producers who ler her use their beats. She's an embarrassment to herself and artists everywhere.

Artemisia

Banned
Artemisia I tried. Not here for it being sold out everywhere.

iy6WwRMUNgIHn.gif

fire emblem, ha impact

is your fave doing it?

ipTW5O4IGM4NT.gif

it's on the eshop

Fey

Banned
botty, sammmme T____________T
and i refuse to buy it from the eshop since nintendo's messy when it comes to online stuff + that beautiful cartridge hubba

lmfao @ azealia. definitely will not be having a fire emblem-esque problem with her album.

moulels

I was rooting for Azealia cause 1991 was so good. Not anymore, that filthy thing can fade into irrelevance.

There's a 3DS PopGAF? *o*

I'm currently having a blast with Paper Mario.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I was rooting for Azealia cause 1991 was so good. Not anymore, that filthy thing can fade into irrelevance.

There's a 3DS PopGAF? *o*

I'm currently having a blast with Paper Mario.

Crimsom Shroud, Gunman Clive, Liberation Maiden, Bit Trip Saga and Pokemon Black 2 on the DS side.

Jitters

Jeez, what is Azealia's problem. She needs a chill pill. I didn't think that one incident would do anything to her, but if she keeps it up, she really might mess up her career.

Artemisia

Banned
.what a baby lololol.. Waaaaaaah Azealia called me a faggott :(((((((((( LMAOOO

zip-1.gif

Yo this is mad corny lol. I'm seriously just laughing

zip-1.gif

You give me free speech and then tell me what I can and cannot say???

zip-1.gif

It's really time for a cultural shift. All these leftover old world social themes we're all still trying to hold on to are BOOORRIIING

zip-1.gif

Perez tries to get every gay person all riled up when the only faggot I see ........ is him.

zip-1.gif

HARLEM SHAKE - AZEALIA BANKS http://www19.zippyshare.com…

zip-1.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
Arte I really hope you rethink your stanning. All of our faves are messy, but yours is straight up hateful and willfully ignorant.

What a disgusting creature.

magic9ubjp.gif

botty

Banned
The reviews for Beyonce's documentary are coming in and they are NOT good...

Newsday clocks ha:
However, much of "Life Is But a Dream" -- named after a line in Blue Ivy's favorite song "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" -- plays like an infomercial. Sure, it's a glossy, well-produced infomercial filled with powerful live performances, but it feels designed to make us want to buy more Beyoncé stuff, especially her most recent album, "4," which failed to yield any Top 10 hits. We hear plenty from B, but nothing from Jay-Z or sister Solange and very little from mother Tina Knowles. There are no interviews with her friends. Can Beyoncé really not have any friends?

Hollywoodreporters spills the truthT on ha:
As HBO is marketing it, this is Beyonce: “Raw. Real. Revealed.” But actually the 90-minute film is repetitious and bland. There’s a lot of pseudo-inspirational stuff, some standard speechifying about female empowerment and thoughts on the stress of success, punctuated by occasional speculation on “God’s plan.” But the documentary walks a muddy path between self-mystification and self-adulation without actually saying much. And her music becomes almost an afterthought.

Variety reads ha for filth:
For those who can't imagine growing tired of Beyonce Knowles' flawless face (or the rest of her), try going 90 wearisome minutes with "Life Is But a Dream," a vanity project that puts tolerance for showbiz self-obsession to the test. HBO is associated with aiming higher, but the only element within the film that screams "premium" radiates from the lady herself. Then again, by essentially writing Beyonce a blank check to do whatever she pleases, the channel's brass are hardly the first people in Hollywood to make a bad decision when bedazzled by a pretty face.

New York Times serves Uzbekistan realness and boils ha:
That’s just one instance in this gauzy, stylish and utterly opaque film that comes off less as an autobiography than a song-and-dance defense brief. There are no witnesses testifying on Beyoncé‘s behalf — she is almost the only person in the film who speaks more than a few words — nor is there any obvious reason someone as popular, recognized and financially rewarded as Beyoncé would feel misunderstood, yet the intent is clear. This documentary doesn’t really convey what life as a celebrity is like, but it does say a lot about how this celebrity would like to be seen.

Bless alexz, of atrl fame, for gathering the receipts.

Thoughts?

c3ed7b23.gif

Kyon

Banned
Like I said before. And MANY times over

Bey has 0 charisma or interesting traits about herself as a person. Her stage persona is a totally different thing of course. But in interviews and her other documentaries her personality is like sand paper. Y'all call Britney a lifeless robot yeah but Bey has always been an android herself. As a Bey Stan I've always seen it. Some of you deluded hoodrats still think she's interesting outside the stage and she really isn't.

Mau ®

I'd be here for a "truth or dare" style documentary for Rihanna.

Her Oprah special was the second highest rated special too. I think people are really curious of her as a person.

Kyon

Banned
I'd be here for a "truth or dare" style documentary for Rihanna.

Her Oprah special was the second highest rated special too. I think people are really curious of her as a person.

She is a super wild party girl with her friends. She's the cool chick in the group. But at home she's the cool chick but also seems more composed? Like she can have a good time but she wouldn't do anything to embarrass her family. This is all I've gathered from the tidbits we've ever seen of her life on the islands and here. She's that cool bitch that everyone knows and wants to hang with basically

3phemeral

Not surprising she's getting those reviews. After watching that small video she made where she proclaims "Why did Gawd make meh soh talented," I didn't have much hope over the behind-the-scenes, raw-and-personal Beyonce. I was thinking it might have a chance at being interesting since HBO was doing it, but apparently it was done in advance and shopped to HBO. If she really wanted people to know the real her, she should have HBO's team do it, but I fear it's going to be another micromanaged and overly polished undertaking.

Kyon

Banned
I listened to the tracks RoySUS told me to listen to.

Dis what I'm TALKIN about
tumblr_mi8c31Gmoj1r3ty02o1_500.gif

Why does Francis even EXIST with this guy around?

Artemisia

Banned
but the only reason you guys are checking for miguel is to use him as a way to shade frank ocean

and speaking of bandwagon stans, botty, did you even read the post above yours?

lord...

zip-1.gif

botty

Banned
but the only reason you guys are checking for miguel is to use him as a way to shade frank ocean

and speaking of bandwagon stans, botty, did you even read the post above yours?

lord...

zip-1.gif

You talking about Kyon's post?

Whilst Beyonce is clocking multi-million deals, a world tour, the superbowl and a Grammy award, Xtina is destined for a spot on Celebrity Fit Club. Stay mad.

tumblr_mah93tIPi31rwpjsao1_500.gif

Steam pressedT

I doubt Botty has even listened to Kaleidoscope Dream or Channel Orange...

They are both amazing but obviously ATR- HELL members will cause some sort of competition between the two. They are both Queens of R&B.

I have listened to both thoroughly. A while back I even had a discussion with Second about why channel orange is shit, and I gave specific reasons. That talk also helped me realize Second was the only Francis stan who wasn't on the band wagon. :biblio:. Kaleidoscope Dream is just a better R&B album vocally, lyrically, and sensually. Channel Shittage is just a mess.
Bye.

iOt53fvu5S9gy.gif

Kyon

Banned
Except I don't pretend USE or STAN ha tho like most of the Francis "Stans"

I am not a Miguel Stan as I don't know him or bought any of his music. I listened to two songs.

I don't pretend to listen to albums I never listened to or try to place Miguel as some beacon of hope for male R&B bye

The Artemisia disease is truly an PANDEMIC

cory64

I was initially disappointed with CO compared to Nostalgia Ultra. It's good but it's really easy to see that he's capable of something better and more coherent. NU felt more complete.

I was a fan of Frank Ocean before I even knew hew Miguel was, but when I heard Miguel's album Kaleidoscope Dream, I was instantly blown away. It's so much more cohesive than Channel Orange. It just flows better and Miguel has a better voice.

I don't mind Frank, but he's been overhyped because of Odd Future/Tyler the Creator and the whole coming out thing. Miguel has come out of nowhere and has earned his spotlight and it's his time to SHINE.

tumblr_mf5n6gY3fo1rfsim9o1_500.gif

botty

Banned
I was a fan of Frank Ocean before I even knew hew Miguel was, but when I heard Miguel's album Kaleidoscope Dream, I was instantly blown away. It's so much more cohesive than Channel Orange. It just flows better and Miguel has a better voice.

I don't mind Frank, but he's been overhyped because of Odd Future/Tyler the Creator and the whole coming out thing. Miguel has come out of nowhere and has earned his spotlight and it's his time to SHINE.

educate ha.

iOt53fvu5S9gy.gif

Kyon

Banned
Why is no one stanning Bruno Mars? I just heard his album and it SHITS. Who cares about these other two?

Please GOD no with Whewno. I'm sorry I love you but if there is anything I loathe as much as Perra and St!nk it's Whewno. I just can't STAND his music

It's so transparent. When Miguel is brought up without it being a cover for the same tired Frank Ocean shade, then I'll believe he has fans.
I'm not a fan of either of them, but these bandwagon stans can give me a call when Miguel drops a track even half as fire as Novacaine.

For us true post-millenial (plus or minus a few years) R&B connoisseurs, however, a few brief selections:

Joe

Why Just Be Friends

All The Things (Your Man Won't Do)

Glenn Lewis

Beautiful Eyes

Don't You Forget It

Lonely

Musiq Soulchild

Girlfriend

Even basic flops like Pharrell are better than the current crop of wannabes:

Stay With Me

Bobby James

Take It Off

Sexier too.

2004-bmi-urban-ma-3.jpg

Why is no one stanning Bruno Mars? I just heard his album and it SHITS. Who cares about these other two?
maury-gif-2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom