• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majmun

I like Bey, and I'll definitely be checking for "5", but I'm also not going to lie about her 'documentary' and the lack of impact she's been having recently, and how her era is off to an awful start since between the SuperBowl and now she has not given an album name, single name, or single release, and she's going on tour in 9 weeks. It's ridiculous.

I agrih. I'm getting impatient myself.

Lol, I thought she'd release something around new year. She did the SB, the documentary and the Oprah interview. She wasted those opportunities to promote her new stuff.

Maybe her new album will be a greatest hit, considering she's only showing us her old stuff. I will be so pressed if that's true.

Mau ®

Let's all bow these superior pop gurl docs tbh...

tumblr_lnua8e8xlj1qlxxw1o1_400-copy1.jpg

7155.jpg

Time for Rih to make her Unapologetic doc and join these legendaRIH peeps

so_thankful.gif

Mau ®

Rih's pussy must be magic. Drake never quite got over her.

Drake is Rihanna's true love. She just doesn't know it yet.

She'll come to her senses and RIHalize he's been there the whole time for her and wants to take care of her *.*

Now let me follow Drake on instagram *****.*****

Ch... coming for Diplo. If I wasn't already DONE with this ho, this would be her last fucking straw. She got a big head because her stans supported her war against lesser known producers, but don't fuck with Diplo....... just don't.

<3 Diplo <3

Trigger

Really, Azealia? Beefing with Diplo of all people?

Also: I C all these people trying to lay claim to my husband Diplo. You hussies.

Drake is Rihanna's true love. She just doesn't know it yet.

She'll come to her senses and RIHalize he's been there the whole time for her and wants to take care of her *.*

Now let me follow Drake on instagram *****.*****

And then we'll get a full Drake/Rih collab album. *.*

Aguila

#ICONIC
Azealia is just exposinG the music industry for how it is, spilling the truth tea on these shady producers, etc.

She is so honest and open. I love ha. *.*

5witHWk.jpg

I see the Barbados pussy still has Drake stanning

ibnRDChYljBmqe.gif

Who exactly is impressed with this sack of $1 bills tho?

Ok, this TRICK done gone way too fucking far now beefing with my Baby DADDY.

Q6zPr92.png

GO HOME, AZEALIA! Just GO HOME!

TbQFyt0.gif

Not it coming for my boo.

Ch... coming for Diplo. If I wasn't already DONE with this ho, this would be her last fucking straw. She got a big head because her stans supported her war against lesser known producers, but don't fuck with Diplo....... just don't.

<3 Diplo <3

Not y'all acting like Diplo has made more than ONE good song.

Mumei

nnnnnnnnnn

In fairness:

That all changed when Beyonce's team hand delivered a copy of the film to Lombardo and watched it with him in HBO's screening room. After that, "Life Is But A Dream" topped HBO's "must have" list.

"This, felt so fresh and honest to me," Lombardo says. "She's constantly walking this line between public performer and private person, and wrestling with how, in this massive spotlight, she can hold onto the part of yourself that makes you real. It's such an honest struggle and such an honest conversation."

He adds, "I was also dazzled by how hard she works, the unbelievable, unsexy, hard, sweaty work that goes into mounting a show -- any show she does. You just have to take you hat off to her."

I have no intention of watching it

HBO has turned down and accepted tons of great/shit shows in the past. Let's not pretend like the station that turned down Arrested Development and airs Girls is some kind of taste king.

Bladenic

From what I hear, it sounds like both are vanity projects

i1kCx3MzAFDxL.gif

That is true. But everyone that watches that show agrees that whenever Lena Dunham decides to use that show as a window to her vagina and non-existent titties, the show sucks. When it focuses on everyone else, it's good.

Watch Girls btw.

royalan

"You own M.I.A. everything you have"

Did she lie?
YES she motherfuckin' DID.

Who went on to become an even bigger producer in the game and HEW went on to become IRRELEVANT and creatively bankrupt?

The proof is in the puddinG.

Wonder how much money Bey had to cough up to get the documentary aired. I knew it was fishy that HBO aired this.

I am shocked - SHOCKED - that nobody wanted to air that boring-ass "4" infomercial on its own merits.

Mumei

Hmm, I don't think anyone can deny Bey's talent or work ethic. Still with all our talk of impact and no impact in POP-GAF, I found it funny that this guy can't recall one Bey song.

Well, she doesn't have any truly iconic songs, that is true.

Mumei

I'd say she has at least 2, Crazy in Love and Single Ladies. Single Ladies for sure.

Eh. I'm thinking on the level of Vogue or Like A Virgin or I Will Always Love You or All I Want for Christmas Is You or ... something along those lines. Or maybe even not quite on that level but a step below it. I still don't think those are there.

Kyon

Banned
I would say Beys most recognizable songs would be Single Ladies and Halo. Idk how anyone who is anyone wouldn't know those songs

Koodo

Banned
Those Kleptoncé songs are even less iconic if you look outside the gringo hemisphere.

Probably because the real Shakira dominates those regions.

Mau ®

Crazy in Love, Single Ladies and Irreplaceable were HUGE.

People seem to forget irrepleceable but that song pretty much saved the Bday era. IIRC it wasnt doing that hot before that.

Bladenic

I would say Beys most recognizable songs would be Single Ladies and Halo. Idk how anyone who is anyone wouldn't know those songs

Eh Halo I don't see. Single Ladies is undeniable though, even compared to those songs Mumei mentioned. It'll always be her defining song IMO.

royalan

Eh. I'm thinking on the level of Vogue or Like A Virgin or I Will Always Love You or All I Want for Christmas Is You or ... something along those lines. Or maybe even not quite on that level but a step below it. I still don't think those are there.

She doesn't have any songs like that, because her catalog is simply NOT iconic. It is vanilla, boring and BASIC. But how could anyone expect more from her when she's spent her entire career "borrowing" and stealing from the TRUE artists?

One would have to wonder where she got the nerve to try and throw shade at artists who just churn out "a bunch of singles," considering her music is just as flash-in-the-pan as the other popstars she shaded in her flopumentary. She's also just as guilty of PUSHING SINGLES as these artists she attempted to shame, seeing as she's been releasing damn near HALF of her albums as singles since B'Day (B'Day - 6 singles, I Am... - 8 singles, 4 - 5 singles). But is it Rihanna's fault that most of Bey's singles catalog has such a high FAILURE RATE?

Where does she get off having such an undeserved ego when her most memorable song is a STARGATE track that's only really remembered for a single line? To the left, Befraudce, to the LEFT.

Koodo

Banned
She doesn't have any songs like that, because her catalog is simply NOT iconic. It is vanilla, boring and BASIC. But how could anyone expect more from her when she's spent her entire career "borrowing" and stealing from the TRUE artists?

One would have to wonder where she got the nerve to try and throw shade at artists who just churn out "a bunch of singles," considering her music is just as flash-in-the-pan as the other popstars she shaded in her flopumentary. She's also just as guilty of PUSHING SINGLES as these artists she attempted to shame, seeing as she's been releasing damn near HALF of her albums as singles since B'Day (B'Day - 6 singles, I Am... - 8 singles, 4 - 5 singles). But is it Rihanna's fault that most of Bey's singles catalog has such a high FAILURE RATE?

Where does she get off having such an undeserved ego when her most memorable song is a STARGATE track that's only really remembered for a single line? To the left, Befraudce, to the LEFT.
ibxHiqsaXSbnXW.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom