• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aguila

#ICONIC
I thought I retired tho
i5PgJ0qhhoBpX.gif

Mau ®

Roy needs to make the next OT tbh.

:keir:

I was just thinking this too, actually.

He is very active in POPGAF, stays current with the pop world and he did a credible job with the LOTUS OT. I think he is a good candidate, if he is up for it *.*

royalan

Awww shucks.

izkX6vQKckOwr.gif

I can't guarantee that I'll live up to Aguila's legend, but I'll make the next OT. And I'll try to keep the shade lighT.

royalan

Call Me...

ibv0CagFmffzC8.gif

Kimbra is such a chamelleon. Just when I think I've got her sound pinned down she goes and flips the script. I'm LOVING the groove on this track. Late 90's Pop&B, Tony! Toni! Toné! teas. It's...It's like the kind of track you would find on "4" if "4" were actually a good album.

I can't believe I slept on this album. Kimbra is thoroughly strangling me and I am GAGGING.

I'm going to forward this album to my mother. That's how good it is.

Koodo

Banned
The Bassic stans will be delighted to know that Dame Shirley Bassic is performing Goldfinger at the Oscars this coming Sunday.

The Bond tribute, and ADELE's impending iconic performance and victory, will terminate careers and make the seething un-nominated whores watching at home cry into their buckets of Häagen-Dazs.

Awww shucks.

izkX6vQKckOwr.gif

I can't guarantee that I'll live up to Aguila's legend, but I'll make the next OT. And I'll try to keep the shade lighT.

Yay!! Aguila was amazing but I'm sure you'll be a great successor :)

Just as long as you're just as diligent with awarding stars to people....
and keeping me on top, kii

Mau ®

RIHANNA – Stay f/Mikky Ekko: 31.717 (+ 2.078)

First 2M update for Stay!!!

Also Rih just sold out 2 stadiums with the Aviva Stadium in Dublin and the Grande Stade de Lille in France (the last one happened within a few hours of going on sale).

I rihmember when haters said she could never sell out stadiums. Never doubt the Black Madonna *.*

The Diamonds World Tour is coming to slay *.*

DMeisterJ

Banned
New page, new news

Pour it Up is starting to get played on Pop stations. The Urban Ratchet anthem of 2013 is coming for a crossover smash.

Stay also clocked it's first 2M update today.

Nothing new for Rih tho

ibnRDChYljBmqe.gif

She needs to hurry up with that PIU vid tho.

Koodo

Banned
I see Rihfund's Australian, Asian and South American tour dates are as non-existent as the quality of her albums.

It's hard to be a true global act.

Mau ®

I see Rihfund's Australian, Asian and South American tour dates are as non-existent as the quality of her albums.

You really are trying iT.

They are coming. Actually you'll soon learn the SA leg is full of stadium dates ^.^

DMeisterJ

Banned

DWT is going to be her biggest tour, and we're only at 74 shows when Loud did 90. Don't allow yourself to get clocked when she announces the dateS.

Mau ®

Good thing Rih hasnt lowered herself to desperate tactics like "Buy 1 get 3 free" or massive discounts to sell her stadium dates for this tour.

Good, sustainable touring acts dont do that :)

Majmun

I don't want to shade Rih, but why are poeple calling her the Black Madonna? She's more like a Black Katy Perry IMO.

Katy Perry is also a singles artists. Her last album had like 5 #1 singles. But we still don't like her. If she'd also release an album each year, she'd beat Rih's record for most #1 singles. I'm sure of that.

Acts such as Rih and Katy are just fabricated #1 singles artists. Madonna (and Bey) are far too iconic and self-made to be compared to such acts.

Nemesis_

I don't want to shade Rih, but why are poeple calling her the Black Madonna? She's more like a Black Katy Perry IMO.

Katy Perry is also a singles artists. Her last album had like 5 #1 singles. But we still don't like her. If she'd also release an album each year, she'd beat Rih's record for most #1 singles. I'm sure of that.

Acts such as Rih and Katy are just fabricated #1 singles artists. Madonna (and Bey) are far too iconic and self-made to be compared to such acts.

Was a lie told?
besides Beyonce at the end

CNdUm1w.jpg

Because the Rihanna stans in here have gotten into their heads that just because someone can throw out disposable singles with 15 minute expiration dates every two weeks, they're pretty much just Madonna now. Overstatements as per.

She's more like a successful, female, black Pitbull. Or a slightly less obnoxious Black Eyed Peas. But let's leave the Madonna allusions for people who actually have real industry and mainstream impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom