• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
She doesn't have any songs like that, because her catalog is simply NOT iconic. It is vanilla, boring and BASIC. But how could anyone expect more from her when she's spent her entire career "borrowing" and stealing from the TRUE artists?

One would have to wonder where she got the nerve to try and throw shade at artists who just churn out "a bunch of singles," considering her music is just as flash-in-the-pan as the other popstars she shaded in her flopumentary. She's also just as guilty of PUSHING SINGLES as these artists she attempted to shame, seeing as she's been releasing damn near HALF of her albums as singles since B'Day (B'Day - 6 singles, I Am... - 8 singles, 4 - 5 singles). But is it Rihanna's fault that most of Bey's singles catalog has such a high FAILURE RATE?

Where does she get off having such an undeserved ego when her most memorable song is a STARGATE track that's only really remembered for a single line? To the left, Befraudce, to the LEFT.

Did he lie?

iReI9DtgAN14.gif

cory64

SShe's also just as guilty of PUSHING SINGLES as these artists she attempted to shame, seeing as she's been releasing damn near HALF of her albums as singles since B'Day (B'Day - 6 singles, I Am... - 8 singles, 4 - 5 singles). But is it Rihanna's fault that most of Bey's singles catalog has such a high FAILURE RATE?

Don't forget that Party, 1+1, and Dance For You were buzz singles... 6 in 6 months + a last-ditch effort with End of Time and Dance For You. 8 songs and only one hit the top 20.

Trigger

She doesn't have any songs like that, because her catalog is simply NOT iconic. It is vanilla, boring and BASIC. But how could anyone expect more from her when she's spent her entire career "borrowing" and stealing from the TRUE artists?

One would have to wonder where she got the nerve to try and throw shade at artists who just churn out "a bunch of singles," considering her music is just as flash-in-the-pan as the other popstars she shaded in her flopumentary. She's also just as guilty of PUSHING SINGLES as these artists she attempted to shame, seeing as she's been releasing damn near HALF of her albums as singles since B'Day (B'Day - 6 singles, I Am... - 8 singles, 4 - 5 singles). But is it Rihanna's fault that most of Bey's singles catalog has such a high FAILURE RATE?

Where does she get off having such an undeserved ego when her most memorable song is a STARGATE track that's only really remembered for a single line? To the left, Befraudce, to the LEFT.

RIP

DMeisterJ

Banned

so much truth

Kyon

Banned

SCREAMING

As a Bey Stan I was about to drag but I saw no lies for some reason

royalan

Rihanna is reportedly being lined up to headline this year's Glastonbury.

The 'Diamonds' singer, who unveiled her clothing range for River Island at London Fashion Week yesterday, is said to be in talks to play the Pyramid Stage on the final day of the June music festival.

"She is the perfect choice. Beyoncé stole the show two years ago and there's no reason why Rihanna can't do the same," a source told the Daily Star Sunday.

"She's got a huge back catalogue and is undoubtedly the biggest female artist around at the moment bar Adele."

Rihanna previously said of a possible appearance at the festival: "I'd love to play Glastonbury. I have heard so many things about what happens there. I love rock music. I love Kings of Leon and The Prodigy.

"The music is awesome. I like the more traditional rock bands, too: Aerosmith and Bon Jovi. I think I could rock the stage at Glastonbury, no question."

http://www.digitalspy.com/music/news/a459386/rihanna-in-talks-to-headline-glastonbury-festival.html

And the clocking is complete.

All hail the Queen of the Roc.

RLHhP5M.gif

Mau ®

While I don't doubt the festival's organizers would be interested in Rih... she's got a lot of back go back tour dates during the time Glastonbury takes place. I think it'll be difficult to pull off.

Artemisia

Banned
"She is the perfect choice. Beyoncé stole the show two years ago and there's no reason why Rihanna can't do the same," a source told the Daily Star Sunday.

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

do we live in a universe where Rihanna has performance skills comparable to Beyonce?

who do they think they're kidding?

royalan

While I don't doubt the festival's organizers would be interested in Rih... she's got a lot of back go back tour dates during the time Glastonbury takes place. I think it'll be difficult to pull off.

I'm sure the organizers would try to be accommodating for an in-demand black female pop artist from the United States.

Not that I'm shading anybody here.

Mau ®

The Glastonbury promoters are looking for people who can bring in an audience for the $$$ and consume during the show. Rihanna is a major audience draw in the UK (she's playing several stadium dates this tour).

Rihanna ain't no Bey in terms of performance but it doesnt mean people can't have a good time at her shows. The british loved her Hackney headline gig last year (which drew 150k people).

She can do it.

Artemisia

Banned
The Glastonbury promoters are looking for people who can bring in an audience for the $$$ and consume during the show. Rihanna is a major audience draw in the UK (she's playing several stadium dates this tour).

Rihanna ain't no Bey in terms of performance but it doesnt mean people can't have a good time at her shows. The british loved her Hackney headline gig last year (which drew 150k people).

She can do it.

I have no doubts she will be able to put on an OK show an have people enjoy it but saying she'll steal the show the same way Beyonce did is a bit much.

cory64

I can't stop thinking about a remix of Stay with Adele. I can hear it in my head perfectly. That would slay everything for the next three decades. (I don't think she would overpower Rih because they're both very distinctive voices, just a strong complement to her)

Mau ®

I can't stop thinking about a remix of Stay with Adele. I can hear it in my head perfectly. That would slay everything for the next three decades. (I don't think she would overpower Rih because they're both very distinctive voices, just a strong complement to her)

I think a rihmix with Miguel or Frank would've been great for urban airplay tbh. I like Mikky but he doesnt have urban appeal.

royalan

I think a rihmix with Miguel or Frank would've been great for urban airplay tbh. I like Mikky but he doesnt have urban appeal.

If she's going to do a Stay remix she shouldn't replace Mikky Ekko with Frank Ocean's non-singing ass. Get Miguelsus for that swagger-factor and vocal slayage.

Peru

But why are you fuming?

Because that is exactly the kind of unimportant question that dominates and hurts the discourse of 'important' artists, people pretending the established canon now and before isn't a big lie formed on the sexist, racist, rockist values of Melody Maker critics dead but still lingering.

royalan

Beyonic, take ya superflopic, ey
I'm Beyonic; hit ya like a rocket, ey
Beyonic, so damn Beyonic, eh
Gonna get you with my electronic, superFLOPic rocket, HEY!

Because that is exactly the kind of unimportant question that dominates and hurts the discourse of 'important' artists, people pretending the established canon now and before isn't a big lie formed on the sexist, racist, rockist values of Melody Maker critics dead but still lingering.

QqknnfL.gif

botty

Banned

WKKIz.gif

royalan

Greed and hunger for fame are UGLY things. I can't believe what I've seen in others recently...

Believing one's own inflated ego too quickly before hard earned success can result in a quick lived flicker into a flame of downward spiral.

QqknnfL.gif

Mumei

Dumb question. Who cares? Who knows? What does it matter? No one. No one. Not at all.

But don't you stan Taylor?

2jxxevoij7j.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom