• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher

i3IPQHF8YviJz.gif

Well thats petty.

I didn't vote down The Wanted (not that there was any danger of them winning anything considering no one likes them).

tumblr_m1de8nrGU31qfhaoro1_400.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
Joking about Rih's domestic abuse is far too recurrent in POP GAF tbh.

Mhm. It's the go-to shade for the pressed flops. Can't clock her on so many things so they teleport back to 2009 (FOUR YEARS AGO) and keep on bringing it up. It's sad really. I feel sorry for them. Anyone having delusions that grand must be in constant pain.

Mhm. It's the go-to shade for the pressed flops. Can't clock her on so many things so they teleport back to 2009 (FOUR YEARS AGO) and keep on bringing it up. It's sad really. I feel sorry for them. Anyone having delusions that grand must be in constant pain.

Poor pressed flop me. The pain is terribleeeeee!

UZbae.gif

For being the person who throws around "pressed" the most of anyone in this thread.....you sure come off as the most pressed most of the time.

Bringing up the domestic abuse is far less silly than getting indignant about it.....he did abuse her after all and is a general douchebag. He shouldn't have a defense force. When you connect yourself with a douche it IS going to effect how people perceive you. Rihanna (and her stans) should reconcile themselves with that fact.

Rih isn't helping. She keeps on communicating with Chris, and makes people wonder if they are together or not. I love Rih, but I can't stand Chris.

My Xmas gift is to give my bb Waffle a nice ring ;)
You take care of Waffy. If you don't, I'll buy a bunch of 1D albums and egg them.

Bladenic

Rih isn't helping. She keeps on communicating with Chris, and makes people wonder if they are together or not. I love Rih, but I can't stand Chris.

You take care of Waffy. If you don't, I'll buy a bunch of 1D albums and egg them.

There is no wonder... They're back together.

001hw51e.gif

And I may watch The Good Wife at some point. Don't have time now, but all the praise has me somewhat intrigued.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Poor pressed flop me. The pain is terribleeeeee!

UZbae.gif

For being the person who throws around "pressed" the most of anyone in this thread.....you sure come off as the most pressed most of the time.

Bringing up the domestic abuse is far less silly than getting indignant about it.....he did abuse her after all and is a general douchebag. He shouldn't have a defense force. When you connect yourself with a douche it IS going to effect how people perceive you. Rihanna (and her stans) should reconcile herself with that fact.

Bringing up the abuse is silly considering it happened ages ago. The reason it's brought up isn't for any other reason to drag her. What is the point in continually discussing something in order to drag Rih when it happened so long ago? Oh. There is no reason to unless you just want to drag her name through the mud. But you can continue to delude yourself that you just don't like her existence and want to drag her relentlessly if you want to.

The right type of cunt would just come out and say that they don't like her rather than beating around the bush.

Mau ®

Lol DMJ was kind of asking for it. I agree it is brought up too much....but you cannot dismiss it either. I think it is a pretty legit opinion to not want to buy an album that IS dismissive of it.

Oh I respect your decision. Aint nothing wrong with it IMO.

But I think people here think its OK to make fun of it and post pictures of the incident as means to drag her and it really isnt. I may be sensitive about it because im a stan though...

Bringing up the abuse is silly considering it happened ages ago. The reason it's brought up isn't for any other reason to drag her. What is the point in continually discussing something in order to drag Rih when it happened so long ago? Oh. There is no reason to unless you just want to drag her name through the mud. But you can continue to delude yourself that you just don't like her existence and want to drag her relentlessly if you want to.

The right type of cunt would just come out and say that they don't like her rather than beating around the bush.

Yeah I am so pressed and delusional for disagreeing with you on something. Thanks for setting me straight!

Do I REALLY dislike Rihanna? No....not really. I am fairly neutral on her actually and I enjoy the bulk of her singles. I find it fun to drag her a bit though......we drag people for their weight, skin color, singing ability, age....virtually everything there is to be dragged, gets dragged. Lets not pretend Rih is some special case where its wrong to drag her for going back to her abuser/a general douchebag. We drag people for FAR less.

I am not nearly subtle enough for that to be intentional. You know this.

Artemisia

Banned

Well the abuse did happen a while ago, but it was only until recently that Rihanna forgave Chris and got back together with him.

zankara

Merry Christmas POPGAF! Hope you all have a good day.

Now to drive 4 hours to have Christmas lunch with the family. I plan on listening to Christmas music the whole way. *.*

Ok, I have wanted to talk about this for days but I wanted to be sure of my opinion first.

I imported Glasshearts on a whim after I found out it was never released stateside, and have been listening to it. I had also purchased Leona's first album a couple years ago, and more recently her single Run (which I love even though I know its a cover).

Listened through it quite a few times and I have to say....

The album is terrible. I don't get it at all....so little diversity and so boring. Individually the songs are OKish....but as an album it simplu does not work. There is virtually no range shown at all, and the variety that IS there sounds terribly dated. Leona sounds vocally amazing as usual but that is no excuse for having this disastrous material. Every track is reminiscent of another (superior) song that I have already heard on the radio. After I finished listening to it I couldn't remember a single track....it had that little impact on me. I know several popgaffers love the album so I keep trying and failing to grasp it.

What am I missing? I don't get it.....

Bladenic

Sorry to hear that. Personally I found it one of the better pop albums this year.

You don't even like Glassheart though? That song is everything.

Ok, I have wanted to talk about this for days but I wanted to be sure of my opinion first.

I imported Glasshearts on a whim after I found out it was never released stateside, and have been listening to it. I had also purchased Leona's first album a couple years ago, and more recently her single Run (which I love even though I know its a cover).

Listened through it quite a few times and I have to say....

The album is terrible. I don't get it at all....so little diversity and so boring. Individually the songs are OKish....but as an album it simplu does not work. There is virtually no range shown at all, and the variety that IS there sounds terribly dated. Leona sounds vocally amazing as usual but that is no excuse for having this disastrous material. Every track is reminiscent of another (superior) song that I have already heard on the radio. After I finished listening to it I couldn't remember a single track....it had that little impact on me. I know several popgaffers love the album so I keep trying and failing to grasp it.

What am I missing? I don't get it.....
iQbkiqJFbrSaT.gif

Based on your unfortunate 1D stanning, I surmise that what you're missing is an ear for quality music.

Glassheart, Sugar, Fireflies, Favorite Scar, Come Alive, Colorblind, I To You, Trouble (Acoustic), Shake You Up (occasionally) >>>>>>

Not sure how an album full of "OK-ish" individual songs (as you put it) can be a "terrible" album.

Not sure how an album full of "OK-ish" individual songs (as you put it) can be a "terrible" album.

Very easily.

Its the same sound over and over, not enough variety.

For example. Diamonds is a good song, and if she produced 10 versions of that song none of them would be "bad". The album would be though.

As I said. Many of the songs are OK but simply serve to remind me of BETTER songs by other artists with similar sounds. This is not a winning formula.

I wanted to like it. I really did :(

Very easily.

Its the same sound over and over, not enough variety.

For example. Diamonds is a good song, and if she produced 10 versions of that song none of them would be "bad". The album would be though.
But unlike Unapolopoopoo, Glassheart has variety. Sweeping ballads, synthy throwback 80s cheese, fun 90s-style pop, dark moody midtempos, club-banging electronic, and strings-heavy emotional pieces.

Your criticism certainly applies to her first two albums, though. Nonetheless, I'm glad you sought it out. Too many still haven't experienced its transcendent brilliance.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Exclusive Lady Gaga / SHOWstudio White Christmas film being released on SHOWstudio tonight at midnight GMT. Previously unseen Monsterball footage from Nick Knight and Ruth Hogben. Happy Christmas Little Monsters!

09221f504e0111e2b7ea22000a1f9366_7.jpg

ibtRj1jNpP1pzD.gif

But unlike Unapolopoopoo, Glassheart has variety. Sweeping ballads, synthy throwback 80s cheese, fun 90s-style pop, dark moody midtempos, club-banging electronic, and strings-heavy emotional pieces.

Your criticism certainly applies to her first two albums, though. Nonetheless, I'm glad you sought it out. Too many still haven't experienced its transcendent brilliance.

TBH I had similar criticisms with her first album...but I also had no expectations going in so maybe it didn't seem as big of a deal at the time. I do agree there was some variety in tempo and "types" of songs.....but I still felt that despite their different styles they all sounded way to similar. Part of it is that her voice has a very distinct sound that it seems they ALWAYS go with......I get that she has a great voice....but while that's a great asset its not an excuse to not change things up more.

Also....the public obviously wasn't that interested either. Just sayin.

Glassheart is a ripoff of Katherine McPhee's "Touch Me" and that's surprisingly the better song.
Glassheart came long before that sorry excuse for a show even existed. Tedder was just impatient after all the delays :p

And no way is that awful, guttural delivery of hers better than what Leona did.

Also....the public obviously wasn't that interested either. Just sayin.
They would've been had "Trouble" not led the campaign and if, like Taylor's flawless management, Syco prioritized radio and internet promo over fleeting, one-shot appearances on high-profile television shows.

Not that "public interest" is ever a barometer for quality, see Gangnam Style. Just sayin.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Glassheart is a ripoff of Katherine McPhee's "Touch Me" and that's surprisingly the better song.

Sadly I dislike most of Katherine McPhee stuff. Wonderful voice IMO but she could be doing better things than the silly pop songs she tends to do.

They would've been had "Trouble" not led the campaign and if, like Taylor's flawless management, Syco prioritized radio and internet promo over fleeting, one-shot appearances on high-profile television shows.

Not that "public interest" is ever a barometer for quality, see Gangnam Style. Just sayin.

I suppose I can't argue with this.

Doesn't change my opinion that the album wasn't great. She needs massive shakeups in WHAT music she is making just as much as she needs a management change if she wants to return to success imo.

Just blaming management is almost always a cop out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom