• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mau ®

But unlike Unapolopoopoo, Glassheart has variety. Sweeping ballads, synthy throwback 80s cheese, fun 90s-style pop, dark moody midtempos, club-banging electronic, and strings-heavy emotional pieces.

amy.gif

Its funny because Unapologetic has all of those and more.

She needs massive shakeups in WHAT music she is making just as much as she needs a management change if she wants to return to success imo.
Based on what sold this year, I'd rather she stick to her guns than latch onto shitty gimmick tracks that hit all the right notes for your average casual radio listener, but do nothing for serious ones.

I wouldn't object to a complete transformation as long as it was sincere (as per roy's Stripped comment), but I don't think she should do something just because.

Based on what sold this year, I'd rather she stick to her guns than latch onto shitty gimmick tracks that hit all the right notes for your average casual radio listener, but do nothing for serious ones.

I wouldn't object to a complete transformation as long as it was sincere (as per roy's Stripped comment), but I don't think she should do something just because.

...eh I think flopping is a good enough reason to try something new...

I do agree that she shouldn't go for the typical change up. She has the voice to do pretty much ANYTHING, I just wish she would use that ability to bring me something that I haven't heard before.

(If I am being perfectly honest I don't think the "Leona" sound is very "pop radio" friendly to begin with....its one of those things that was fun for Bleeding Love but didn't make the public want to hear more. Which I why I think a change is long overdue....)

royalan

I totally forgot about that. Here I was thinking O Holy Night was her worst xmas performance.

Xtuneless didn't have quite the same ring to my ears.

Whatev. No way was that worse than O Holy Night. It wasn't even bad. Most of her melisma, while excessive, was at least on key.

I got my son a Wii u what kind of retread :(

Your a good parent.

I should get myself a Wii-U.....but I have committed myself to not purchase until Zelda (or some other amazing RPG).

@Marius I may check on what Gaga is doing....but I refuse to get hyped. Keeping my expectations nice and low.

botty

Banned
So it seems that Nicki Minaj will end the year with the most top 10 hits of 2012.

iX7AUHJWq8PST.gif

Though, I think Taylor is one song away from causing a tie.

Christopher

Your a good parent.

I should get myself a Wii-U.....but I have committed myself to not purchase until Zelda (or some other amazing RPG).

@Marius I may check on what Gaga is doing....but I refuse to get hyped. Keeping my expectations nice and low.

I figured he'd love the Mario on the screen and tv he's really smart...must get it from his mother lol.

Do you guys still buy physical albums I only purchase Micael Jackson Albums that have a CD copy thriller bad invincible what kind of flawless? Even his new album Michael had se hits to it

I figured he'd love the Mario on the screen and tv he's really smart...must get it from his mother lol.

Do you guys still buy physical albums I only purchase Micael Jackson Albums that have a CD copy thriller bad invincible what kind of flawless? Even his new album Michael had se hits to it

I don't buy many physical copies copies. I try to buy physical discs from my faves....but thats it.....

I have only purchased 1 physical copy of an album this year and that Kelly's Greatest Hits album. (would have gotten 1D as well but I really didn't become a stan until AFTER I had digitally purchased and listened to the album)

botty

Banned

Michael has only flopped once: when his album, Invincible, sold 13 million copies.

Christopher

Invincible was a good album it needs some edits as songs drag out for far too long but solid new fresh sound.

Waffle is a 1 direction Stan? Hottiebra.gif

3phemeral

Whatev. No way was that worse than O Holy Night. It wasn't even bad. Most of her melisma, while excessive, was at least on key.

True. After rewatching it, O Holy Night still usurps it as being THE off-key mess of the debutina era, but MXB is pretty bad too. Not just in the excessive sense.

Mau ®

So it seems that Nicki Minaj will end the year with the most top 10 hits of 2012.

iX7AUHJWq8PST.gif

Though, I think Taylor is one song away from causing a tie.

What songs did she land on the TOP 10 this year?

I know she had Starships, Beauty and a Beat, and I think Gimme All Your Luvin'?

Mau ®

It was a fantastic year for Rih in the charts too.

She had 4 TOP 10 hits...

- We Found Love
- Where Have You Been
- Diamonds
- Take Care

And Birthday Cake, an unreleased and unpromoted track, went #1 on Urban and peaked higher than Your Body kiiii

Turn Me On.

c3ed7b23.gif

So basically Rih had as many TOP 10's this year as Minaj
c3ed7b23.gif

Bladenic

It was a fantastic year for Rih in the charts too.

She had 4 TOP 10 hits...

- We Found Love
- Where Have You Been
- Diamonds
- Take Care

And Birthday Cake, an unreleased and unpromoted track, went #1 on Urban and peaked higher than Your Body kiiii

So basically Rih had as many TOP 10's this year as Minaj
c3ed7b23.gif

Rih had more if we discount covers.

001hw51e.gif

botty

Banned
Can't wait for Nicki in 2013. She is getting ready to cash that idol check, too. Hope she doesn't do something stupid, or I will have to drop ha.

c3ed7b23.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom