• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
I dislike her because everyone hyped her so I purchased her greatest hits album.

What a boring snoozefest. I don't use a single song contained within.

I admire her vocal talents, but there are only a handful of songs I like from her.

It's probably cause your taste lean more towards AC, and Pop. Her music is more soulful, and urban. I don't use most of Kelly's music, but I do like a few of her songs. I can see where you're coming from, tbh.

Bladenic

My fave Mariah songs are her more upbeat songs, not here for her ballads usually despite them being her more iconic songs. I think the song I use the most is Heartbreaker.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Only in sales. Though, I guess that is all that matters for some stans.

itFaN4VZC64F2.gif
Godney's music is better too, by leaps and miles.

Xtuba's voice is 'better', I suppose, but frankly if I want to hear those kind of sounds I can go and try to steal eggs from a local goose nest instead of paying for a bloated, musically worthless xtuba 'creation'.

royalan

Xtuba's voice is 'better', I suppose, but frankly if I want to hear those kind of sounds I can go and try to steal eggs from a local goose nest instead of paying for a bloated, musically worthless xtuba 'creation'.

You live somewhere where there's a such thing as "local geese."

Explains your taste.

itFaN4VZC64F2.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
You live somewhere where there's a such thing as "local geese."

Explains your taste.
Perhaps the lack of local wildlife explains why you feel the need to mangle your ears with CDs full of demented tuneless goose honks while the rest of us bleß our ears with truly daring sonic experiments like In The Zone and Blackout.

botty

Banned

I don't know why you even come for people's vocals. You only stan production. Why else would your pussy quiver so viciously for the Scissor Sisters, if vocals were such a deal breaker for you? Anyway, Xtina's worst Honk is still vocally more impress than most of your faves' careers. Especially those never-will-be local piles of phlegm that you have occasionally discharged out of your lower intestine in the dj room. You better come correct when you try it with the queen. Xtina is currently charting, losing weight, and her hair is layed like the 1920s.

So have several seats, listen to the #8 song in your country, and feel the moment.

itFaN4VZC64F2.gif

royalan

I don't know why you even come for people's vocals. You only stan production. Why else would your pussy quiver so viciously for the Scissor Sisters, if vocals were such a deal breaker for you? Anyway, Xtina's worst Honk is still vocally more impress than most of your faves' careers. Especially those never-will-be local piles of phlegm that you have occasionally discharged out of your lower intestine in the dj room. You better come correct when you try it with the queen. Xtina is currently charting, losing weight, and her hair is layed like the 1920s.

So have several seats, listen to the #8 song in your country, and feel the moment.

itFaN4VZC64F2.gif

iJ9l3R7GmjxzE.gif

READ. HA. DOWN.

Bladenic

itFaN4VZC64F2.gif

I think Godel has made it clear he cares not for vocals, given his faves are Girls Aloud.

Also lol at that new will i is shit being #2, another reason the UK charts are just as irrelevant as the BB 100.

SaintZ

Not me missing the "discussion" about Avril's new song (I went out to watch Iron Man 3 tho). Anyways, yes, the Canadian Queen of Pop performed a new song called "17" in a showcase she did for fans in LA @ the Viper Room. Here's a video of the performance. It's really cute and it gives me Let Go teas
8zdXc.gif
8zdXc.gif
8zdXc.gif

She also performed Here's To Never Growing Up, My Happy Ending, Girlfriend and Sk8er Boi.

Pics of ha at the event:
She looks so good and happy unlinke last era. She's serving some Hot Topic Orphan realness. Forever young
8zdXc.gif
8zdXc.gif
8zdXc.gif
(and damn that ring is big)

Not crazy about the hair but at least she ditched those pink and green streaks.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

itFaN4VZC64F2.gif

Why would I stan for vocals? In general all that good vocals indicate is that you happen to have been born with your vocal cords in a particular shape. Whoopee. At BEST it indicates a particular level of dedication to practice, but given the state of Xtuba's pipes at the moment there is certainly none of that dedication to be praised in your fave.

Is a good set of pipes truly worthy of praise? I guess when your fave has consistently demonstrated the musicality and creative talent of a wedding singer you could fall back on their vocal ability, but without anything else it is truly scraping the bottom of the barrel. Moreover, lesser singers are more vocally iconic; anybody can identify Godney's singing on first listen, but many people were completely clueless that Xtuba had guested on Moves Like Jagger in spite of the #fighters' insistence that her presence shifted singles.

Regardless, even though they've never left their homeland, my faves have had consistent success throughout their careers (21 top tens, 22 releases), have been critically praised around the world for their flawless pop sensibilities, Out of Control has outsold Bionic and Lotus combined (despite a 'local' release) and they can sell out arena tours despite a three year gap between releases (when is the Lotus tour coming, by the way?). Not bad for 'locals'.

Meanwhile, the only entertainment your fave provides on a regular basis to the majority of pop fandom is a series of parody articles mocking her delirious pronouncements and her fan's delusional beliefs.

Stay. Seated.

ib0Obh1pM4p5X7.gif

Bladenic

I tried reporting that video of the woman getting her head CUT OFF and Facebook said it didn't violate their rules about GRAPHIC VIOLENCE. Mess.

I am screaming.

ibbsNNcmbggMyw.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Since we're on the subject
Tell me why
Your name's in the dictionary
When I look up 'idiot'
Check yourself it's very necessary

Robyn needs to hurry the fuck up tbh

The previous page, I can't. My fave has ya'll seething. <3 you Waffles. :)

I keep thinking Trigger is his avatar *.*
Yep. I stan for Trigger. Flawlessness personified.

Not me missing the "discussion" about Avril's new song (I went out to watch Iron Man 3 tho). Anyways, yes, the Canadian Queen of Pop performed a new song called "17" in a showcase she did for fans in LA @ the Viper Room. Here's a video of the performance. It's really cute and it gives me Let Go teas
8zdXc.gif
8zdXc.gif
8zdXc.gif
Hmm... I think "17" sounds basic. Not sure if I want to continue my stannage or not. Will decide later on.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Katy B
In front of a mobile home
#class

botty

Banned
Paris Jackson signs with Leonardo DiCaprio's Manager.

Paris-Jackson1.jpg

Paris Jackson the precocious teenage daughter of Michael Jackson and Debbie Rowe, is going Hollywood. Sources say she’s signed with Rick Yorn, the very respected manager of Leonardo DiCaprio, Cameron Diaz, and Martin Scorese, among others. Paris did tell a British newspaper that she wants to be a doctor one day. But it’s also obvious she has thoughts about an entertainment career.

With over 1 million Twitter followers, and a basically sunny disposition, Paris has a lot of potential. Her brother, Prince, has already booked a few gigs via aunt LaToya Jackson. But Paris was persuaded to go a more professional route. There’s a lot going on with Paris anyway. She and Prince are in depositions for their wrongful death civil suit against AEG Live.

Hmm... what she's going to be doing.

Out with the old, in with the new... I suppose.

ibhZdwNLtZbmn.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom