• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
@godel
Currently watching the Ten concert, and the amount of words I know is worrying
Nicola's little bit in No Good Advice is amazing

Listening to Grown Woman live on soundcloud all day.

That breakdown with the African chants, I can't

Also Standing On The Sun clicked today. OMG I need that now too.

Beeeyyyyyyyyyy

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
@godel
Currently watching the Ten concert, and the amount of words I know is worrying
Nicola's little bit in No Good Advice is amazing
Me and my housemate were drunk as hell, dancing and singing along to every song. It was so much fun.

Meanwhile the sour kuntstress in front of us stood with a stony face and arms crossed the whole time. I have no idea how she could stand still in the face of so many flawless bops.

cory64

This is great but the Ralph Myerz song is so better.

The video budget tho
ed2305b7.png

What kind of no-label 1990 realness?

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Me and my housemate were drunk as hell, dancing and singing along to every song. It was so much fun.

Meanwhile the sour kuntstress in front of us stood with a stony face and arms crossed the whole time. I have no idea how she could stand still in the face of so many flawless bops.

YASSS THE RUNWAY PART!!!!

I need friends with better music tastes.
Missed out on too many concerts from my faves because everyone I know likes indie/rock

festive-vomit.gif

What in the hell did I just watch? Haha. I'm kind of digging the song, though.

This is great but the Ralph Myerz song is so better.

The video budget tho
ed2305b7.png

What kind of no-label 1990 realness?
Pretty much agree with you. Been playing the crap out of that Ralph Myerz song on YT since it was posted in here. This "Tube Stops..." song is good, but not as good. The video for it...

That... what was it... Tinkerbell animated gif, the people on exercise bikes on the roof, and her in some hallway full of dressing room doors or whatever. LordT.

Artemisia

Banned

It's ok. I think the Indian concept is good, and the video looks to be great, but I don't think it's as well executed as the classical themes in Work were. This seems to be structured like a typical dance track. I don't think the breakdown is as good as the producers think it is.

I'm still checking for her though.

EDIT: the verses in the second half of the song are awful and don't flow with it at all :rip:

royalan

let beyonce in, roy
I learned something yesterday.

Standing In The Sun is the song Beyonce did with Sia.

That explains why like the bridge and the chorus.

Also explains why I initially thought Bey sounded so ridiculous singing the verse but couldn't quite pick out why. Now it's clear: Bey also fell into the trap of trying to sing LIKE Sia, only her voice is even less suited for that than Rihanna's. Girls need to stop trying it; Sia's tone and unique phrasing are hers and hers alone.

Still...I like this much better than that spastic Grown Woman garbage.

Still...I like this much better than that spastic Grown Woman garbage.
What is you talking about, holmes?

"Grown Woman" (and to a lesser extent ""Standing On The Sun") is clearly an Afro-Carribean inspired joint, and it's a theme consistent across the entire song. This is no "Countdown" a.k.a. "five songs in one" deal. Both songs are already far superior to anything from 4.

You're insane if you think "Grown Woman" is "spastic" guerlia...

Mumei

I think most people hate Mariah because of Mumei. But that's just my theory.

:keir:

I dislike her because everyone hyped her so I purchased her greatest hits album.

What a boring snoozefest. I don't use a single song contained within.

I admire her vocal talents, but there are only a handful of songs I like from her.

iorKOWKab8KLq.gif

In other news:

Roy, were you ghostwriting to the First Lady?

Dear Michelle Obama,

I’m addressing this to you because I admire you. Because you’re smart and a mum to two young girls. And you’re the First Lady of the USA. And because you were recently quoted as saying that Beyonce is a ‘great role model’ to your two daughters, and because you recently tweeted, after the Superbowl, that you were ‘so proud’ of her. I’m writing because everything you do is admired and emulated by so many; but when you endorse a recording artist like Beyonce, I see the most misogynistic aspects of the music industry (that prefers girls to be no more complex than dolls) interpret your comments as a seal of approval for the thoughtless cultural currency that they flood the youth market with. I’m writing because I think it’s time to stop suggesting to very young girls that ultimate feminine success — in the music industry or anywhere else — comes with the need, or the expectation for them to undress.

…

Next time you’re presented with a shortlist of people in popular culture who you should spend time with or commend, think about how many young girls want to be just like Beyonce: Beyonce who sings ‘Bow Down Bitch’ and wears sheer bodysuits and high heels, singing about making money and being independent.

Remember that in the USA, the average age of a girl when she is trafficked for sex for the first time is 13.

Remember that she’s often brought into the ‘life’ by drug dealers who promise her a celebrity lifestyle, clothes like the ones Beyonce wears, and situation where she can live like Queen Bey: looking hot, being desired by alpha males, wielding power over others with her body and sexuality.

…

So please, let it be known that Beyonce is not a role model. She may have a lot of money, and she may have enormous influence. But she can no longer be called a role model.

(Unless you think it would be really cool for Sasha or Malia to follow her example and sing songs for people on a stage whilst wearing sheer gold glitter bodysuits detailing the contours of their body, under the management of their daddy and/or their husband.)

royalan

Gyal bye, Sylvia is a bad bitch.

Sylvia is a thirsty, homewrecking, holier-than-thou gutterbutt trollop.

Having the audacity to try to make Megan feel bad about her miscarriage while boinking her husband. That heffa needs to have a seat and try fucking her own damn husband for a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom