• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynosure

Sis.

Be honest.

Do you still use any tracks from the 20/20 Experience?

I have to be in the mood.
every track is too long

ibyTcJw6N1LIdK.gif

cory64

And not a single lie is contained within.

He told the damn truth about Justin. JT is a fucking poser, and miming with a guitar and doing that cheap, repetitive beatboxing schtick does NOT make him Soul. The 20/06 is wack imitation at best, and JT is not on the same level of Robin Thick/Maxwell/Anthony Hamilton. Not even on his BEST fucking day, and good on Robin for not even entertaining the idea.

Right!? She was fucking TRYING IT. It's like, trick, you asked him a question now be happy with the answer.

Yup, JT is clearly neither what people think he is nor what people want him to be. He barely was before and he especially isn't now; we're talking about a pop star who made his solo debut doing a direct imitation of MJ compared to someone who's been consistently evolving and delivering something effortlessly cool while Justin took 7 years to deliver... does 20/20E count as satire?

Robin's speaking voice sounds EXACTLY like his dad omfg

3phemeral

And not a single lie is contained within.

He told the damn truth about Justin. JT is a fucking poser, and miming with a guitar and doing that cheap, repetitive beatboxing schtick does NOT make him Soul. The 20/06 is wack imitation at best, and JT is not on the same level of Robin Thick/Maxwell/Anthony Hamilton. Not even on his BEST fucking day, and good on Robin for not even entertaining the idea.

Right!? She was fucking TRYING IT. It's like, trick, you asked him a question now be happy with the answer.
I also loved how she asked him to listen to the album again and tweet her his opinion, and he was like, "Nope."

DMeisterJ

Banned
Justine hasn't delivered a "Blurred Lines" level bop in forever. There is no need to compare them because Robin is actually here and present in 2013 while Justine only exists between 20/02 and 20/06.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~

Kyon

Banned
A canvas for some of the best producers in the world to paint their most transcendent bops on.

Can Justin say the same? I mean, not only his voice basic and samey, but he runs to the same boring-ass producers for the same tired-ass sound.

Thank you. I didn't want to type the same thing

Also Poopi and Robleedo Britney isn't my only fave. I guess her voice is something easy to drag for you tho that's why y'all even try it. It's cute and tired at the same time. Also I don't ever say Britney is the best singer ever or anything so you aren't exactly dragging anything.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
As far as JT and Robin whatshisface go

tumblr_mky6p9niHP1s6bi63o1_500_large.gif

Robin writes, produces, and competently sings rich Soul bops.

JT runs to Timbaland for some Aaliyah leftovers and screeches his way through them.
It's funny how you always come for everyone's vocals, considering....

idcw8SryBMl9a.gif

Also, I wouldn't call Robin mysoginistic in defense of Justin after he ripped Janet's titty out for the world to see at the Superbowl and then hid from the media backlash like a P.U.N.K. and let her take all the heat by herself.

Are we still pretending that wasn't planned?

ibdczl4vpptywA.gif

A canvas for some of the best producers in the world to paint their most transcendent bops on.

Can Justin say the same? I mean, not only his voice basic and samey, but he runs to the same boring-ass producers for the same tired-ass sound.
You are as contrary as the day is long Royalan. You run through here stanning every basic nobody that makes you bash your button, but have the unmitigated gall to criticize anyone for anything and everything your fave is worse at... But she's an artist though.
iB3P20i2SGu9O.gif

<3
I'm fed up 'cause all you wanna do is criticize.

Kyon said:
Robleedo Britney isn't my only fave. I guess her voice is something easy to drag for you tho that's why y'all even try it. It's cute and tired at the same time. Also I don't ever say Britney is the best singer ever or anything so you aren't exactly dragging anything.
She's the one you ride hardest for, so... I guess it seems hypocritical to me to bash another artists vocal ability/record sales/tour receipts/sketchy personal lives ect, when our/your faves wouldn't have a leg to stan on under the same scrutiny. That's just me tho.

Kyon

Banned
You guys power went out here. Huge rain storm. I'm SCARED. If I don't write back I'm probably dead

Thank APPLESUS my Iphone is charged fully.
jk about dead thing

ROOOOB SAVE ME ;__;

royalan

It's funny how you always come for everyone's vocals, considering....

idcw8SryBMl9a.gif

Are we still pretending that wasn't planned?

ibdczl4vpptywA.gif

You are as contrary as the day is long Royalan. You run through here stanning every basic nobody that makes you bash your button, but have the unmitigated gall to criticize anyone for anything and everything your fave is worse at... But she's an artist though.
iB3P20i2SGu9O.gif

<3
I'm fed up 'cause all you wanna do is criticize.

She's the one you ride hardest for, so... I guess it seems hypocritical to me to bash another artists vocal ability/record sales/tour receipts/sketchy personal lives ect, when our/your faves wouldn't have a leg to stan on under the same scrutiny. That's just me tho.

Pfft, don't get it twisted. Christina is a better singer, with a better and more diverse catalog than more than half the trollops that get stanned in here. Including Justique Timberlake. So I don't know why you all steam-pressed.

botty

Banned
Does this Game of Thrones show get better? There are like 20 storylines going on, but only two of them are interesting.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Does this Game of Thrones show get better? There are like 20 storylines going on, but only two of them are interesting.

Sort of, I saw the first season because I wanted to know the Daenerys' storyline but as the show went on I learned to like some other characters in order to keep watching.

Yado

If you don't find yourself becoming attached to any of the characters or invested in their storylines after a certain number of episodes then you're probably not going to enjoy the show. GOT is pretty boring when you don't care about what happens to any of the characters (I suppose this applies to most shows)
Most of the GOT episodes tend to tack the really interesting parts on at the end of the episode.
if you're not bowing to Dany then you should just give up

Trigger

If you don't find yourself becoming attached to any of the characters or invested in their storylines after a certain number of episodes then you're probably not going to enjoy the show. GOT is pretty boring when you don't care about what happens to any of the characters (I suppose this applies to most shows)
Most of the GOT episodes tend to tack the really interesting parts on at the end of the episode.

No lies in this post. The politics is the show.

botty

Banned
You are meant to be distracted by the sex and hyper violence.

Most of my problems with these cable network shows are their use of sex/violence to segue into other important scenes. I think Game of Thrones handles it a little better than the rest...for now. Like the sex scenes with Daenery actually are apart of her character development and not just thrown in there to stimulate the viewer. The violence can be a bit excessive at times, but it does help to show which characters are ruthless and which aren't...not to mention the way in which the land is ruled.

royalan

Season one.

Honestly? Season 1 is the show's best season by a country mile, so if you're not impressed right now jump ship because it only gets worse. The amount of different plots the show tries to balance at one time quadruples, and yet the number of episodes remains the same. Game of Thrones is the FIRST cable television series I have watched and thought to myself, "Man, I really WISH this was on network television." Sure, we would have had to sacrifice the nudity and some of the gore, but those are NOT the things that Game of Thrones gets praised for. It gets praised for its attempts at being a compelling drama and character-driven story...emphasis on ATTEMPTS. Being on a network would have given this show a spacious 22 episodes to breathe and fully explore the stories and rich lore this series has.

There's just so much going on--so many different plots, so many different characters vying for screen time, so much lore that HAS to be covered to keep things from being totally confusing that HBO's ten episode structure does NOTHING but stifle the show, and keeps it from actually being good. Now that the hype of season three has worn down I can honestly say this season was horrid, and if things don't improve in a significant way in the off-season I'm jumping ship now.

There are some GREAT characters, and some intriguing stories to be told, but its gotten to the point where everything has gotten bogged down by the attempt to cram ALL OF IT into ten fucking episodes. There were so many weird pacing choices this season that I wanted to spit at my television screen...more than once.

Game of Thrones has seen its best days. Abandon ship now.

DMeisterJ

Banned
All this Lipton from Roy. Never mind the sex scenes that do fuck-all except throw some tits on screen for no reason. I keep on trying with the show and even though I've seen every ep so far #istillcant

botty

Banned

Well, I am invested heavily in certain characters. It's just that those characters seem to get about 10 seconds of screen time that appears to be irrelevant to the plot. Handling all of these characters, all of these plots, and all of these settings seems to damper the progression of certain story lines that are far more compelling than this approaching war—oh wait there are like two wars approaching apparently <--- not a good sign. But I'll keep watching cause I do enjoy it thus far.

Better than the others things you stan and infinitely better than that avatar.

Pupi, please stop. :(

Honestly? Season 1 is the show's best season by a country mile, so if you're not impressed right now jump ship because it only gets worse. The amount of different plots the show tries to balance at one time quadruples, and yet the number of episodes remains the same. Game of Thrones is the FIRST cable television series i have watched and thought to myself, "Man, I really WISH this was on network television." Sure, we would have had to sacrifice the nudity and some of the gore, but those are NOT the things that Game of Thrones gets praised for. It gets praised for it's attempts at being a compelling drama and character-driven story...emphasis on ATTEMPTS. Being on a network would have given this show a spacious 22 episodes to breath and fully explore the stories and rich lore this series has.

There's just so much going on--so many different plots, so many different characters vying for screen time, so much lore that HAS to be covered to keep things from being totally confusing that HBO's ten episode structure does NOTHING but stifle the show, and keep it from actually being good. Now that the hype of season three has worn down I can honestly say this season was horrid, and if things don't improve in a significant way in the off-season I'm jumping ship now.

There are some GREAT characters, and some intriguing stories to be told, but it's gotten to the point where everything has gotten bogged down by the attempt to cram ALL OF IT into ten fucking episode. There were so many weird pacing choices this season that I wanted to spit at my television screen...more than once.

Game of Thrones has seen its best days. Abandon ship now.

You're right, tbh. I don't understand why they thought they could cram all these storylines into 10 episode seasons. I really only jumped into the show to talk about it with this girl who watches it :keir: and since it was only 10 episodes per season I figured I could catch up quick. But I see that doesn't help at all. It's fine, though. I did watch every episode of Heroes....live....so I can probably get through this.

Bladenic

Botty watch Shameless next if you want a drama where every character matters and get ample time to shine. And much more.

Also I think Xtina is just doing Feel This Moment since Pitbull is there. Isn't that song over already?

royalan

Botty watch Shameless next if you want a drama where every character matters and get ample time to shine. And much more.

Also I think Xtina is just doing Feel This Moment since Pitbull is there. Isn't that song over already?

YES.

Both Shameless and Degrassi are MASTERCLASS shows when it comes to properly handling a large ensemble cast. You're never left confused or feeling unsatisfied when those shows end their seasons.

My Facebook feed on the night of GoT's season finale was just an endless stream of "WTF!?! This is the last episode!?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom