• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
Botty watch Shameless next if you want a drama where every character matters and get ample time to shine. And much more.

Also I think Xtina is just doing Feel This Moment since Pitbull is there. Isn't that song over already?

I will. *.*

YES.

Both Shameless and Degrassi are MASTERCLASS shows when it comes to properly handling a large ensemble cast. You're never left confused or feeling unsatisfied when those shows end their seasons.

My Facebook feed on the night of GoT's season finale was just an endless stream of "WTF!?! This is the last episode!?"
Unless it's an asian character. But damn can the Degrassi writers develop and evolve a "school slut" archetype.

Relax botty, just let it happen, it'll be over soon.

um.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Botty watch Shameless next if you want a drama where every character matters and get ample time to shine. And much more.

I agree.

shameless_uk3.jpg

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
LOL

But really the show its pretty good and you should give it more time to see if things click more with you. There are tons of interesting things that will happen on the show and the ending of this season was super crazy among other events that happened. If anything read the books which will anyway be better than the series.

Trigger

YES.

Both Shameless and Degrassi are MASTERCLASS shows when it comes to properly handling a large ensemble cast. You're never left confused or feeling unsatisfied when those shows end their seasons.

My Facebook feed on the night of GoT's season finale was just an endless stream of "WTF!?! This is the last episode!?"

I never thought of Degrassi as being great at handling it's ensemble. Most characters got at least one or two days in the limelight, but otherwise the show just focused on a few popular actors. The plots were so paper thin too (but maybe that's changed since I stopped watching). A true masterclass would be something like The Wire or Mad Men IMO.

royalan

Almost fell asleep driving today when Clarity came on.

Edit: Shameless is the 3rd best show right now, watch ha.

Sis, my roommate and I renamed Shameless to "South Philly: The Show"...

I never thought of Degrassi as being great at handling it's ensemble. Most characters got at least one or two days in the limelight, but otherwise the show just focused on a few popular actors. The plots were so paper thin too (but maybe that's changed since I stopped watching). A true masterclass would be something like The Wire or Mad Men IMO.

Yeah, Degrassi's writing has gone to pot as far as establishing realistic plots with depth, but it's good enough for the audience it caters to (young people and long time fans of the series).

But Degrassi ALWAYS impresses me with how good the show is with seamlessly transitioning characters in and out of the forefront. So many times my roommate and I have watched the show and a character will pop up with a central arc and our jaws just drop like, "Whoa! I didn't realize this character wasn't in the last 3-4 episodes until just now."

If you're talking about the original Degrassi, sure. But the Next Generation always focused on a few characters at the expense of others (it was the Emma/Ashley show early on, then Manny/Craig, and don't even get me started on Darcy...don't think I care to name any characters after Darcy's class).

Skins S1/S2 are much better in their approach, though some peripheral characters are noticeably neglected (mainly for comedic effect, though...poor Anwar lol)

Trigger

All this stanning for Shameless. I suppose I'll have to check it out.

ibbRUZTfaEzUbs.gif

If you're talking about the original Degrassi, sure. But the Next Generation always focused on a few characters at the expense of others (it was the Emma/Ashley show early on, then Manny/Craig, and don't even get me started on Darcy...don't think I care to name any characters after Darcy's class).

Skins S1/S2 are much better in their approach, though some peripheral characters are noticeably neglected (mainly for comedic effect, though...poor Anwar lol)

I was very tired of fucking Emma after awhile.

botty

Banned

I just had a flashback of darcy in the school shower, limped over in the most dramatic way possible, and with blood trickling down her wrist.

4p0Y7.gif

royalan

Well yeah, after that cast finished is when the quality of the show took a nosedive.

I don't think I have a very strong attachment to any of the characters on the show now (except for Broody Mc'Brooderpants Eli and his emo cane), so maybe that's why it doesn't bother me as much. But I do have to give the show credit for knowing when and how long to focus on a certain set of characters before bringing in the next group.

Because, LAWD, if I had to deal with an entire season of Fiona's shit...

botty

Banned
I enjoyed Anya during the middle of her time in Degrassi. And Anya's uglyduck transformation rivaled Emma's...if not surpassed it.

royalan

I enjoyed Anya during the middle of her time in Degrassi. And Anya's uglyduck transformation rivaled Emma's...if not surpassed it.

Anya was great. ;_;

Speaking of, let's just have a moment for the Boss Bitch of Degrassi.

Holly J

But wait:

THIS Holly J

DZdt0If.jpg

NOT this pathetic mess:

XqRUzJh.png

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I want Beyonce to follow her husband's footsteps and announce her album then release it within 2 weeks after just to see the meltdowns

botty

Banned
Anya was great. ;_;

Speaking of, let's just have a moment for the Boss Bitch of Degrassi.

Holly J

But wait:

THIS Holly J

DZdt0If.jpg

NOT this pathetic mess:

XqRUzJh.png

The cyber bully storyline was so silly. At least her terminal illness made more sense in humbling her than a damn cyber bully.

Paige Michalchuk was jusT...
Holly J trieD but Paige exudes more pure BITCH venom in a cursory glance than Hollywhew could muster in a year of focused, concerted effort.

Getting poor fat piglet Terri drunk and snatcHin Spinner from ha was so deliciously evilll

tumblr_luxcz4aufZ1qhryfyo1_r1_500.gif

And her rape storyline was so powerful, when will Darcy?

bow DOWN bitches

botty

Banned
Holly J trieD but Paige exudes more pure BITCH venom in a cursory glance than Hollywhew could muster in a year of focused, concerted effort.

Getting poor fat piglet Terri drunk and snatcHin Spinner from ha was so deliciously evilll

And her rape storyline was so powerful, when will Darcy?

bow DOWN bitches

Paige was so vicious in season one. And I just realized Terri's purpose in the show was to be abused.

Paige was so vicious in season one. And I just realized Terri's purpose in the show was to be abused.
Her only boyfriend put her in a coma, paralyzed Aubrey Drake Graham, and had what I suspect was an incestuous relationship with his mother.

Poor ha. She suffered for the sins of all the other characters - what noble selflessness tbh

DMeisterJ

Banned
Manny wasnt a true bitch tho. She played second place while Craig decided who he wanted. A true bitch would never downgrade herself because she's incomparable to others.

Manny is just an insecure baby killing slut to me.

botty

Banned
Didn't Queen Dobrev start her career on Degrassi?

Easily one of the worst and most forgettable characters in the series history. And she did it while being a teen mom, dating JT, and having a bunch of storylines. She's completely different on TVD

Bladenic

Easily one of the worst and most forgettable characters in the series history. And she did it while being a teen mom, dating JT, and having a bunch of storylines. She's completely different on TVD

Oh good, then I don't have to bother watching her seasons.

royalan

Oh good, then I don't have to bother watching her seasons.

Yeah...based on her performance in Degrassi I was SHOCKED at Nina on VD. She's really good in that show.

I'm still crossing my fingers for my Future Baby's Father to make it big outside of Degrassi:

He had a small role on my new favorite show Orphan Black. It's only up from there. *.*

Bladenic

Yeah...based on her performance in Degrassi I was SHOCKED at Nina on VD. She's really good in that show.

I'm still crossing my fingers for my Future Baby's Father to make it big outside of Degrassi:

He had a small role on my new favorite show Orphan Black. It's only up from there. *.*

I think she's quite underrated actually. I mean, yeah it's probably not an award winning performance compared to the likes of the Mad Men, and the show is dismissed for being on The CW. But the way she effortlessly juggles Elena, Katerina (her power), and
emotionless Elena
is really quite great.

Only a legend in the making.

Oh and Mimi looks INCREDIBLE. I said gotdayum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom