• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
um is there a reason why the fat naked guy just entered a scene in game of thrones... it was really random. And the fact that it showed his long penis made it even stranger.

io8jpjWHRk4H6.gif

edit: wait I just realized why all of you watch.

io8jpjWHRk4H6.gif

Mumei

Being on a network would have given this show a spacious 22 episodes to breathe and fully explore the stories and rich lore this series has.

I disagree. I don't think it needs 22 episodes; I think it needed a normal 13 episode season. That's an extra three hours which is more than enough time to give it more breathing room. If they then made better use of their time (oh my god limit the gratuitous sexposition), I think things would work out fine. I have no idea why they keep it to 10 episodes. If I had the option between network production and acting budget + 22 episodes and HBO production budget and acting budget + 13 episodes, I'd take the latter.

Bladenic

I disagree. I don't think it needs 22 episodes; I think it needed a normal 13 episode season. That's an extra three hours which is more than enough time to give it more breathing room. If they then made better use of their time (oh my god limit the gratuitous sexposition), I think things would work out fine. I have no idea why they keep it to 10 episodes. If I had the option between network production and acting budget + 22 episodes and HBO production budget and acting budget + 13 episodes, I'd take the latter.

Money is why it's only 10 episodes an season.

royalan

I agree.

I said in one of the GoT threads (I'm not sure which because there are, like, 9479384387748346734648772874397 of them) that I think a 12-14 episode season would be ideal for the show.

22 episode seasons are a bit extreme (even though I think there's enough source material for it to work), but GoT's story just really needs to breathe.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Yep people can derail for TV show talk for a long time but videogame talk its not cool.

#Equality

royalan

You can't derail a discussion that's not happening.

I mean, you two are more than welcome to seed some riveting and pop music relevant discussion if you'd like.

botty

Banned
Yep people can derail for TV show talk for a long time but videogame talk its not cool.

#Equality

.....I noticed that.

I mean come on. These shows almost all have their own threads.

The Video Game talk is inherently different considering what NeoGaf is. The rules that apply to video game talk and television show talk are completely different as you both should know from reading the ToS.

This is an off-topic community...we're a community so in between talks of pop music and stuff we can also have chit chats about television, books, and other forms of media too (like the other off-topic communities). Especially when you consider that there hasn't been much to talk about in music anyway.

Vazra

.....I noticed that.

I mean come on. These shows almost all have their own threads.

Yeah we got deleted posts here and warnings for bringing videogames but TV shows are alright and not a single warning around here and even Mumei went into the conversation. smh

#thestruggleisreal

The Video Game talk is inherently different considering what NeoGaf is. The rules that apply to video game talk and television show talk are completely different as you both should know from reading the ToS.

This is an off-topic community...we're a community so in between talks of pop music and stuff we can also have chit chats about television, books, and other forms of media too (like the other off-topic communities). Especially when you consider that there hasn't been much to talk about in music anyway.

Still its derailing the main conversation of the thread and still looks unfair to allow to talk about everything else except videogames. It looks unfair cause those shows have their own OTs where you guys can go and talk about them there. If we are not allowed to talk about videogames here and sent to talk on the gaming thread of said game you should do the same with TV shows. It might be on the ToS but it surely doesnt look right. Its still derailing and still not adding to the main attention of this place which is the pop music.

You can't derail a discussion that's not happening.

I mean, you two are more than welcome to seed some riveting and pop music relevant discussion if you'd like.

That doesn't even make any sense..........

If there is nothing to talk about the thread SHOULD die/go dormant. Artificially turning it into a chat room for TV shows doesn't seem appropriate.

I am sympathetic when we are discussing shows that don't get much play on GAF, but when we are just creating a second thread to talk about GoT it is just stupid.

speaking of things that are still trying

medium.Vp7erZv-jxvpr7U4wAyszz-yuU7Lkuz46DLkX4PV-Zo.jpg

This for example. When someone tries to actually post on topic, but get ignored because we are too busy talking about how many episodes should be in a season of a show that there are multiple threads for already.......

royalan

That doesn't even make any sense..........

If there is nothing to talk about the thread SHOULD die/go dormant. Artificially turning it into a chat room for TV shows doesn't seem appropriate.

Makes plenty of sense.

And I don't think the thread was artificially turned into anything. Seemed like a pretty organic discussion to me.

I am sympathetic when we are discussing shows that don't get much play on GAF, but when we are just creating a second thread to talk about GoT it is just stupid.

You are blowing this completely out proportion. There is no ongoing discussion of Game of Thrones happening here. It was a small segue at BEST. Not even a page worth of posts dedicated to GoT.

Are we not allowed to deviate from the topic of pop music AT ALL in here? That seems to be what you're implying. And, if that's the case, I'll kindly point you in the direction of every other subcommunity on GAF where this occasionally happens.

Makes plenty of sense.

And I don't think the thread was artificially turned into anything. Seemed like a pretty organic discussion to me.

Cop out answer. Saying it makes sense without actually saying WHY it makes sense.

There are already threads for said shows. Give me a good reason why they should be discussed here at length (the last 75 posts have been dominated by it) rather than in their home threads, or Plug.

Vazra

Cop out answer. Saying it makes sense without actually saying WHY it makes sense.

There are already threads for said shows. Give me a good reason why they should be discussed here at length (the last 75 posts have been dominated by it) rather than in their home threads, or Plug.

Tell it like it is honey.

Thats-just-the-way-it-is-Christina-Aguilera.gif

Vazra

Um, but GoT was not the only thing discussed. It was GoT, Degrassi, Shameless, and TVD. And there was still music talk with MIA. Oh and this is all on one page even with 50 posts.

And nobody commented on Backstreet Boys because NOBODY GIVES A FUCK that they are still making music.

So you rather talk something not related to the thread on the thread? Go the Shows OT.

royalan

1) Because every subcommunity on this board occasionally deviates from their main topic. You and Pupi bring up gaming not being discussed here, but then conveniently leave out the several pages worth of discussion that we had leading up to E3 before Mumei told us to take it to Gaming Side.

2) No one particular show was being discussed. Rather, we discussed several shows in those 75 posts because one PopGAF member (Botty) wanted the opinion of other PopGAF members of what shows he should watch. Now, as Botty becomes more involved in these shows, he will of course take discussion to their appropriate threads (as he and everyone else does). But I don't see how there's any harm done in getting a quick sampling of how a group of people you interact with over a common interest in one subject (music) might transfer those tastes to another (TV).

botty

Banned
Still its derailing the main conversation of the thread and still looks unfair to allow to talk about everything else except videogames. It looks unfair cause those shows have their own OTs where you guys can go and talk about them there. If we are not allowed to talk about videogames here and sent to talk on the gaming thread of said game you should do the same with TV shows. It might be on the ToS but it surely doesnt look right. Its still derailing and still not adding to the main attention of this place which is the pop music.

You seem to be missing the point. Neogaf is primarily a gaming forum where certain rules and behaviors involving the discussion of gaming and the gaming industry are in place. The kinds of discussions that have occurred in here that involve gaming would not be acceptable in gaming side, which has stricter rules compared to off-topic. Mumei has stated that she doesn't want Popgaf to become a place where people can break the ToS and act in a way that wouldn't be allowed elsewhere. This is why she is specifically strict about the gaming discussions that go on in here...as far as I know at least.

Vazra

1) Because every subcommunity on this board occasionally deviates from their main topic. You and Pupi bring up gaming not being discussed here, but then conveniently leave out the several pages worth of discussion that we had leading up to E3 before Mumei told us to take it to Gaming Side.

2) No one particular show was being discussed. Rather, we discussed several shows in those 75 posts because one PopGAF member (Botty) wanted the opinion of other PopGAF members of what shows he should watch. Now, as Botty becomes more involved in these shows, he will of course take discussion to their appropriate threads (as he and everyone else does). But I don't see how there's any harm done in getting a quick sampling of how a group of people you interact with over a common interest in one subject (music) might transfer those tastes to another (TV).

There is plug.dj for that, skype or whatever you guys use these days.

Multiple of the posts were deleted that were gaming related. Based on interest of music then might also transfer to videogames if we use your logic. Have at it.

Vazra

I don't use any of those things.

Now you're just being argumentative.

There are alternatives for all of us here to communicate non PopGaf related stuff there. If you dont use them its another story. It is irrelevant to this thread as the gaming talk is but since its not on the ToS you guys are simply going at it. It simply seems broken and simply not right.

botty

Banned
Pupi and waffle, you both need to sit your asses down. Pupi you were literally apart of the GoT conversation, and waffle, you weren't complaining about thread derailing when you had that conversation with Mumei about animated movies.

So unless both of you are willing to take a ban for any form of thread derailing you both have done in here, just stop. please.

402739116.jpg

Esch

Banned
Isn't the whole point of these topics being in Community Forum is because they've outgrown specific topicality and are now just group of posters/friends discussing whatever they feel like along with the main topic?

pls
wtf.png

1. No they don't. Maybe the big sports/music ones do, but the others that I frequent (weight loss community thread/fitness community thread/Tennis community thread) do not.

2. That almost makes it worse. I can understand going off topic the day of the GoT's finale with everyone talking about it, but just going off on a random general TV show tangent doesn't imo.

Obviously it is Modmei's call, but I feel like I am just as entitled as anyone else to an opinion.

Isn't the whole point of these topics being in Community Forum is because they've outgrown specific topicality and are now just group of posters/friends discussing whatever they feel like along with the main topic?

pls
wtf.png

No.

The purpose of community (from the mod posts I have seen) is to clean up OT/Gaming side from reoccurring threads so that "new news" threads can actually stay on the front page long enough to get exposure.

Vazra

Pupi and waffle, you both need to sit your asses down. Pupi you were literally apart of the GoT conversation, and waffle, you weren't complaining about thread derailing when you had that conversation with Mumei about animated movies.

So unless both of you are willing to take a ban for any form of thread derailing you both have done in here, just stop. please.

402739116.jpg

If all your asses also get banned too why not? It would be the fair thing.

royalan

1. No they don't. Maybe the big sports/music ones do, but the others that I frequent (weight loss community thread/fitness community thread/Tennis community thread) do not.

2. That almost makes it worse. I can understand going off topic the day of the GoT's finale with everyone talking about it, but just going off on a random general TV show tangent doesn't imo.

Obviously it is Modmei's call, but I feel like I am just as entitled as anyone else to an opinion.

1) Black Culture Thread, GAFHOP, GirlGAF, K-Pop GAF all do.

2) Now who doesn't make sense?

royalan

pls
wtf.png

Frankly, that's always the vibe I've gotten.

Waffles: You're confusing the purpose of community threads with why community threads were moved to their own tab.

402739116.jpg

There is a difference between a handful of posts..... and a 50+ derail.

There is also a difference between discussing topics for which no threads exist and simply holding an alternate discussion for TV shows here.

(There was discussion of an Animation thread at one point, but Evilore wasn't enthused about the idea so it never happened since it would probably have just boiled down into an extended Pixar vs Dreamworks shitstorm.)

Waffles: You're confusing the purpose of community threads with why community threads were moved to their own tab.

Possibly, but acting like community exists just so people can go off topic for extended periods whenever they want doesn't make any sense.

moulels

We should drag Legend X or something and stop this atrlish non-sense <3, I miss you all <33333

---
G.O.D. YASSSSSS FREE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE (tho I think the Mathangi Mix version is better RIP)

---
Btw Bayonetta is so HAWT in person. I took a photo of her with Satoru Motherfuckin' Iwatasus. He then started to walk badassish towards the VIP section flipping his hair like a fucking popstar. I died so much. Christendo & Sonysus slay so much <3

EDIT: O, Feel This Moment was playing @ the Ubisoft booth. Fitting tbh.

Vazra

We aren't the ones complaining about things that are allowed. You are.

I am because it doesnt look right to simply not allow one thing when you are allowing basically the same talk with another different thing. We are watching people talking about this show its better than that like we also do this game its better than that. Its basically the same thing as gaming but since its not gaming you can get away with it. If I get banned for simply defending my POV then I'm fine with it. I ain't the one using double standards here.

royalan

I am exiting this pointless (and, ironically, wildly off-topic) conversation.

At this point Mumei will have ha final ruling, and we'll just leave it at that.

I am because it doesnt look right to simply not allow one thing when you are allowing basically the same talk with another different thing. We are watching people talking about this show its better than that like we also do this game its better than that. Its basically the same thing as gaming but since its not gaming you can get away with it. If I get banned for simply defending my POV then I'm fine with it. I ain't the one using double standards here.

Pretty much this.

It is not necessarily that I dislike off topic discussion. It is that I like consistency with the rules/policies, and consistency seems to be in short supply.

botty

Banned

I have explained why the double standard exist, though. Like... do you really not get it?

britunbotheredxlj1q.gif

I have explained why the double standard exist, though. Like... do you really not get it?

Or we could disagree with your reasoning......

britunbotheredxlj1q.gif

2) Now who doesn't make sense?

Let me use a random example. Hurricane Season OT is used to discuss tropical cyclone activity that is of interest to gaffers. However, when a major hurricane hits and effects members I can imagine that it will seep into many other threads. I don't think anyone has an issue with this phenomenon.

That does not give people leave to discuss ALL tropical weather in whichever thread they choose because they want to have "that specific communities point of view".

My last post on the subject.....before I get scalped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom