• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemisia

Banned
iC0fikUoQbN4B.gif

royalan

Me G.R.L., Robin Antin's (creator of The Pussycat Dolls and the superior group Girlicious) latest harem girl group:

KGKKXVB.jpg

They just released their debut single, Vacation.

If you didn't think "Miss Moving On" was disposable before, you definitely will after listening to this.

Not that the song is any good, because it's not. Just like 5th Harmony's lead single, "Vacation" song is garbage. But the sad thing is that both songs are different enough to not provoke direct comparisons, but still similar enough to be considered of the same ilk. That same throwaway, half-baked, Teen Disney pop anthem crap that just seems to be a reductive form of something much better (pretty much every Kelly Clarkson anthem).

In hearing "Vacation" you really get a since of how stale, unimaginative, and cookie-cutter "Miss Moving On" is. Which is heartbreaking, because the girls are so much more than that.

royalan

As Robin Antin's biggest stan and worshiper i'd like to say this is great :D people who buy Ooh La La have no choice but to get it free anyway cause its the B Side ;D

Oh and

Random%2520J%2520pop%2520090613%2520Beyonce%2520-%2520Grown%2520woman%2520credits%2520.jpg

nnnn J not too much

EDIT: Wait.... not Blue Ivy already STEALING writing credits like her mother already

I thought this was real for a second, until I got to "Engineered by Blue Ivy Carter"

X_X

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
did Azealia Banks die or something, wasn't she meant to be on Yeezus?

It's not unusual for artists to record more tracks than end up on the album.

I'm sure roy will be able to fill you in on why AB ended up on the cutting room floor.

Nemesis_

Some more new music released last night for The Voice AU finale, if anyone cares :rip:

Written and produced by Ryan Tedder.

9mPCSwV.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Nz100NBYAA

It's quite different for Delta Goodrem if anyone knows about her. I assume it's Tedder's influence (he was her mentor on The Voice this year). I've always liked her voice but I've yet to find a song I really, really like from her.

iIq3qnBa2MofH.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Yeezus is slaying so far.

[edit]The production kind of reminds me of MIA. Her power

[edit]omg not black skinheads shitting and slaying lives

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Is Yeezus that anti commercial? Maybe compared to Twisted Fantasy, but Black Skinhead is an absolute bop, from the way people were talking I was expecting some /\/\ /\ Y /\ level radio unfriendliness.

[edit]I actually CANNOT, I just realised that Kanye has made a better dance album than DAFT PUNK in the same year.

sek2ldf.gif
sek2ldf.gif
sek2ldf.gif

sek2ldf.gif
sek2ldf.gif
sek2ldf.gif

sek2ldf.gif
sek2ldf.gif
sek2ldf.gif

Nemesis_

Is Yeezus that anti commercial? Maybe compared to Twisted Fantasy, but Black Skinhead is an absolute bop, from the way people were talking I was expecting some // / Y / level radio unfriendliness.

[edit]I actually CANNOT, I just realised that Kanye has made a better dance album than DAFT PUNK in the same year.

sek2ldf.gif
sek2ldf.gif
sek2ldf.gif

sek2ldf.gif
sek2ldf.gif
sek2ldf.gif

sek2ldf.gif
sek2ldf.gif
sek2ldf.gif

For what it's worth - On Sight, Black Skinhead, I Am A God and Send It Up were all produced in part by Daft Punk.

I also CANNOT at them saving their best work for Yeezus and not the Sim City soundtrack they put out earlier this year.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
For what it's worth - On Sight, Black Skinhead, I Am A God and Send It Up were all produced in part by Daft Punk.

I also CANNOT at them saving their best work for Yeezus and not the Sim City soundtrack they put out earlier this year.

The production on those tracks shits on RAM. What are they even doing?

sek2ldf.gif
sek2ldf.gif
sek2ldf.gif

sek2ldf.gif
sek2ldf.gif
sek2ldf.gif

sek2ldf.gif
sek2ldf.gif
sek2ldf.gif

[edit]ALKFJLKAS;F;LSADJF I just noticed that God has a feature credit on I Am A God.

Nemesis_

I Am A God is probably my least favourite track, tbh. I need to re-listen properly, but it's the only one that my anus didn't prolapse to when it played on my three playthroughs :(

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I Am A God is probably my least favourite track, tbh. I need to re-listen properly, but it's the only one that my anus didn't prolapse to when it played on my three playthroughs :(

The production slays me. Listen with headphones if you haven't already.

AB needs to sound like this tbh

Mumei

Obviously it is Modmei's call, but I feel like I am just as entitled as anyone else to an opinion.

Well... you're as entitled as anyone else to having one, but you aren't entitled to express it. It isn't your job to moderate the thread, and what you're doing amounts to backseat modding. Pupi and you caused more of a derail than the original segue - segues which happen quite often in this topic before it inevitably goes back to being on-topic.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Well... you're as entitled as anyone else to having one, but you aren't entitled to express it. It isn't your job to moderate the thread, and what you're doing amounts to backseat modding. Pupi and you caused more of a derail than the original segue - segues which happen quite often in this topic before it inevitably goes back to being on-topic.

Drag it

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Sigur Rós new album slaying me hard. It's not like they have done a bad album but lordy this is taking me to church.

hYUZ3.gif

Bladenic

I like Yeezus more with each listen. Amazing. I can't with DP's production being so good here compared to their own (well it was still good just different). A true legend.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
All this Yeezus praise, will have to give it a spin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom