• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

Kiiiiiiiii

How did I just now see that Miley thread. Poor brave Bort and ha trashy fave.

This Is Louis trailer

iouuybSBrZDCH.gif

Bless. They're coming.

Bladenic

And all she had to do was sell herself to try to come up with a new image and steal a Rihanna song.

Hey, if you're gonna show that you've grown up and take Rihanna's scraps you might as well go all out. This is why Miley is slaying and Selena will be forgotten.

Kyon

Banned
I'd watch it
when it's on Netflix

So I just watched a Bring it on film, and it has Solange AND Rihanna!?

tumblr_m0mkhgDKeo1r6jujzo1_500.gif

Great film tbh

Miss Shimmy shimmy lip gloss Barbie

It's the most iconic Bring it On actually besides the first and 2nd.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Miss Shimmy shimmy lip gloss Barbie

It's the most iconic Bring it On actually besides the first and 2nd.

Made me realise that Rihanna's first feature film was probably straight to dvd

ib05hg9pdG0iRj.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
And all she had to do was sell herself to try to come up with a new image and steal a Rihanna song.

you need to stop with this whole shit that anyone and anything acting a bit urban or singing a ballad is copying Rihanna. She didnt sell herself, this is the music that she wanted
selling herself would mean releasing the Dr. Luke tracks RCA probably lined up

"Rihanna, she heard 'Pour It Up' right away, and she didn't even hear 'We Can't Stop.'"

how could she steal something that was given to her and furthermore Mike.will.made.it stayed working with her

"They played it for her, she liked it, so I thought we were just gonna knock out one record," he says. "But we ended up going in and caught a good vibe. She's real cool, a regular person."

not to mention Miley is on his lead single 23

Rihanna didnt invent hairstyles, urban culture, charting, etc, Miley has been queen of controversies since her Hannah days and she isn't going to stop now
iYw1e1cENUO94.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I'd watch it
when it's on Netflix

So I just watched a Bring it on film, and it has Solange AND Rihanna!?

tumblr_m0mkhgDKeo1r6jujzo1_500.gif

Great film tbh

Bring it On with Kirsten Dunst and Eliza Dushku>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The rest of the movies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I can't believe I'm gonna say it but go for it DMJ but keep dragging that filth to the pits of hell.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Bring it On with Kirsten Dunst and Eliza Dushku>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The rest of the movies.

A true fact if I ever did see one

I said BRRRRRRRR
tumblr_ljofltMPKt1qaqdic.gif

Its cold in here
tumblr_ljofxm0mxf1qaqdic.gif

There Must be some Toro's in the atmosphere!
tumblr_ljofpnhes41qaqdic.gif

edit; oh at the entire first and second films being the first results on youtube

Trigger

Rub is right tho. Teena Marie did the urban white girl thing before Xtina.

I like both girls tho, so I won't drag,

Bladenic said:
Bring It On remains the most iconic thing any involved ever did. This includes Buffy for Dushku.

Really? I'd think more people would recognize her as Faith.

Kyon

Banned
Rub is right tho. Teena Marie did the urban white girl thing before Xtina.

I like both girls tho, so I won't drag,

Really? I'd think more people would recognize her as faith.

You replied to wrong person hun

Also yes Faith is her most iconic role ever.

Kirsten as Mary Jane is her most iconic.

So there are lies to it but its still an iconic movie

A who and a what is that

That, my dear, is Miss Teena Marie. A true R&B DIVA who not only performed "urban" music but wrote it also. She didn't it because it was TRENDY. She did it for the love of it. She didn't dress up like some carny slut to perpetuate the notion that to be urban is to be RATCHET. MISS TEENA MARIE is a goddamn ARTIST. She didn't bounce around from GENRE to GENRE for profit. She was R&B from beginning to END. RIP. So while you're running around here ASSIGNING and DECLARING that Britney FUCKING Spears or Christina Aguilera where the first of anything having to do with Caucasian women in "URBAN" music, please realize that the world didn't begin in 1994.

TEENA MARIE is your GOD and you best GENUFLECT.

ibmDJST864J89p.gif

TEENA was so goddamn URBAN she birthed BLACK BABIES.

botty

Banned
Blue eyed soul is the term your looking for, yes? And yeah, Teena wasn't urban. Just like Esperanza Spalding isn't urban, but Iggy Azalea is.

Oh, is that what it's called? Then yeah! that's it. I mean... I don't think Teena would ever do something as urban and iconic as Stripped/Strippd era. But she doesn't have to...or had... since she was in her own lane.

idjwUA8qvEBjV.gif

Rob I didn't even read any of that because I don't curr about nobodies with 0 impact

i1oDWwpXfGiz5.gif

Sure you didn't. You probably "don't care" because she isn't a bi-polar, bum knee'd shell of a person or because she doesn't beat hoes in the face.

Kyon said:
Someone who sings soul=/=urban

Goodbye that's like saying Adele is urban
So it's only urban if its exploitative mimicry?

Kyon

Banned
She isn't really a "legend." So don't let them make you think she is. She was decent singer, though.

edit: but speaking of actual legends, I've been listening to our favorite gospel song tonight.

yassssssssssssss

Omfg i just realized we need to start on HiLEGENDary DuffSUS ChrisT gifs *.*

botty

Banned
This is rich. Especially since y'all wanna make every musty snatch in here that belches up an autotuned lyric legendary.
Slays your faves
Slays your faves
Slays your faves
Slays your faves
Slays your faves
Why did your faves even try
I feel bad for your faves
Decent singer my ass.

iDUU2oh1UYuCz.gif

Yeah, I did understate her voice. My bad, but she's just an icon for that era of music/soul. Not really a legend that has opened doors, become apart of the culture as a whole, or has the receipts to really show her impact. Again...she is a great singer, and an icon. But a legend, nah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom