• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you be specific? The night is young.

WKKIz.gif

Why bother, you directed everyone to ignore you last time it was brought up.

LwdZKPy.jpg

And to any other pressed soul, please join her. You have spent the majority of your life not hearing what I have got to say, now spend the rest of it doing so.
iKQLxgmNmyHmz.gif
Remember? So keep doin you, and every once and a while someone will say that its annoying and life will go on.
tumblr_mowjwsq0xQ1snfsquo1_400.gif

I remember, but do you remember?
You coming in here talking derisively about Frank Oceans sex life or bemoaning the fact that someone is pandering to the gays is a mere annoyance, not at all on the same level as being called a nigger or a faggot, don't give yourself too much. Liken it, if you will, to a fly buzzing at the ear, am I in error to try and shoo it away?

ibxAmacCIT1ype.gif

botty

Banned
You coming in here talking derisively about Frank Oceans sex life or bemoaning the fact that someone is pandering to the gays is a mere annoyance, not at all on the same level as being called a nigger or a faggot, don't give yourself too much. Liken it, if you will, to a fly buzzing at the ear, am I in error to try and shoo it away?

ibxAmacCIT1ype.gif

Interesting, since most of my Frank Ocean draggings revolved around my dislike for his music. The fact that people only complained about my comments about his sex life were hilariously narrow-minded, considering how often it is said about the other girls in here without nearly as much complaint. Call it equal treatment if you will~

And I have complained about pandering on all accounts (race pandering, sex pandering and even poor pandering from Macklemore's song), but again since those panderings aren't "gay pandering" it doesn't get as much complaints. Though, really, no one in here should be on any rainbow colored high horses with the bitchy remarks that are often said.

And while none of that is on the level of those two words, you really should not let those things....as you said... affect you as much as they have/do. You were born brave.

iWbeBOtJJtev9.gif

Icicle

Tonight's episode of Big Brother After Dark is too much.

Talking and arguing about their faves while in the hot tub.

Everyone hates Nicki, kii

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
The fucking mess on this page + my hangover is just too much for my poor head this morning

ibqst3NIQvqXIP.gif

and I always though that THE gay anthem was I Will Survive, but that might just be a movie thing

edit; YASSSSS at no Problems being on BWET
edit2; i am FUCKING SCREAMING at the breakdown in the song and ha little dance
When that gets on youtube i neeeeeeed gifs

PowderedToast

mutliple gay anthems can co-exist : )

voulez-vous, true colours, tarzan boy, always, all gay anthems : )

i might pip believe as the queen tho : )

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
AZEALIA BANKS ‏@AZEALIABANKS 7m
Shout out to BET for nominating me in two categories tonight and good luck to everyone there!!!!
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
AZEALIA BANKS ‏@AZEALIABANKS 9m
Thanks to everyone for all the wonderful comments and press on my Glastonbury Perfomance!

And people say she's messy on twitter

Is vogue an anthem?

edit; Just listened to believe and OMG I remember this song
Used to listen to that album so much when I was like 8, sitting in the corner of my living room with big ass headphones. Believe and Runaway were smashes
The signs were always there

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
edit; Just listened to believe and OMG I remember this song
Used to listen to that album so much when I was like 8, sitting in the corner of my living room with big ass headphones. Believe and Runaway were smashes
The signs were always there

I rest my case. #ICONIC

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Found an old iPod, digging through the music I archived.

Sure don't remember having that much Destiny's Child :/.

Mumei

When I think of gay anthems, I think of things like I'm Coming Out, YMCA, Over The Rainbow, I Will Survive, It's Raining Men, Sisters Are Doing It For Themselves, etc. They don't (necessarily) have as much to do with being gay as some latter-day attempts at gay anthems but I think their broad popularity within the gay community, longevity, and iconic camp status should give them the nod.

Kyon

Banned
Not getting my hopes up again. She did the "natural" look a few times during BTW era and nothing came of it >_>

Not getting my hopes up again. She did the "natural" look a few times during BTW era and nothing came of it >_>

What would you want to have come of it?

LTTP: People are clustering two different definitions into "gay anthem." There are two categories:

1) Songs that appeal to gay people. These are songs that don't express any pro-gay attitude or mention anything that pertains directly to being gay or an outcast, but simply appeal to us for being fabulous. Songs like:

- Believe by Cher
- Bad Romance by Lady Gaga
- Wannabe by Spice Girls
- YMCA by Village People
- Raining Men by Weather Girls
- Vogue by Madonna

2) Songs that speak to gay people. These are anthems that hold lyrical significance since they represent struggles and attitudes that the gay community can attest to. Songs like:

- I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor
- Express Yourself by Madonna
- Beautiful by Christina Aguilera
- Born This Way by Lady Gaga
- Firework by Katy Perry

All count as gay anthems I guess but there's an obvious difference between something being a gay anthem because it's a great pop song, and something being a gay anthem because it can be defined as a "song for gay people."

Kyon

Banned
What would you want to have come of it?

No gimmicks for one era. She has the talent to overshadow the power of her extra ass costumes.

There is nothing to "get our hopes up" for. They are just candid photos.

:/ :/ :/

I know but I secretly always get my hopes up because the mere thought of her looking this good through an entire era like the old days is jusT. Not gonna happen anymore

botty

Banned
Everyone seems to have slightly different ideas on what a gay anthem is. /shrug

I didn't even know over the rainbow was a gay anthem...like...what? "I'm Coming Out" is such an annoying song...I blame mumei.

This may be the meanest thing you've ever said to me.

iRJqQaG9O6DN.gif

Just having some fun~

ibOHdjbZeV5sE.gif

No gimmicks for one era. She has the talent to overshadow the power of her extra ass costumes.

I know but I secretly always get my hopes up because the mere thought of her looking this good through an entire era like the old days is jusT. Not gonna happen anymore

If you want her to look like any Hollywood bimbo on the street then you obviously aren't invested in her performance art. Reducing her to just being a pretty pop star is counter-productive to her character as Gaga.

I like seeing her look normal every once in a while since it's refreshing to see it, but a whole era of her just looking like a well-dressed Britney Spears? Pass.

Kyon

Banned
If you want her to look like any Hollywood bimbo on the street then you obviously aren't invested in her performance art. Reducing her to just being a pretty pop star is counter-productive to her character as Gaga.

I like seeing her look normal every once in a while since it's refreshing to see it, but a whole era of her just looking like a well-dressed Britney Spears? Pass.

I don't really care what BTW defenders think. I want her ass to do something different.

Also LOL performance art. That's one I haven't heard in a while. Cult monsters say things like that. It's a GIMMICK. You should know better

Satch

Banned
i agree with kyon

i think an era of just no gimmicks would be a good enough gimmick for someone who has gone a bit off the deep end into extravagance

gaga is a great artist that i like mostly in spite of her theatrics. im here for her without all that extra. surely her #trustans would be too

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Of course we would be here for anything but after witnessing a year of basic award shows I want crazy back. And it doesn't even have to be something like what she did for BTW, more like what she wore for the VMAs red carpet. It just have to be different for me while remaining fashionable. Give me blonde glowing wig with screen glasses over plain ass Versace tbh.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Oh I forgot the EBT awards are on tonight. I wonder how much of Chris Brown's dick EBT will throat tonight in order to keep trying to validate his career.

More importantly, #BB15 is tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom