• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're making too much of it.

i4fn6yBQHWb7w.gif

cory64

The 32-year-old Brooklyn native says she shops both high- and low-end beauty-supply stores for Rihanna’s hairpieces.

Trips range from high-end places like L.A.’s The Hair Shop, where wigs can cost anywhere from $600 to upward of $2,000, all the way down to her favorite haunts on Flatbush Ave. in Brooklyn, which Stephen has frequented since her cosmetology school days.

At those beauty-supply shops, a wig that costs $20 to $70 has an equal chance of making it into a music video or onto a red carpet as the $1,000 versions.
hmm
x

I don't know how you guys deal tbh, ARTPOP is making me ANGRY

Announcements should start peering in this month. We'll probably get the first single in a month too, so we're right on the cusp of ARTPOP. Hold tight.

I can at least RELY on Gaga going by a COHERENT SCHEDULE as opposed to my SECOND fave who instead can't SEEM to CARE about releasing her SHIT in a TIMELY manner.

I'm way more angry with Bey than I am with Gaga. At least with Gaga I know she'll turn it out in the last two quarters. With Beyonce she might as well just extend her tour into 2015 and I'd be like "yep... sounds about right."

:mad:

Nemesis_

Announcements should start peering in this month. We'll probably get the first single in a month too, so we're right on the cusp of ARTPOP. Hold tight.

I can at least RELY on Gaga going by a COHERENT SCHEDULE as opposed to my SECOND fave who instead can't SEEM to CARE about releasing her SHIT in a TIMELY manner.

I was thinking about this today, actually. We're closer than we ever have been. And then I blasted Judas/HML/Scheibe and popped my pussy all over my steering wheel to that dance breakdown

>____________________________>

With Beyonce she might as well just extend her tour into 2015 and I'd be like "yep... sounds about right."

:mad:

Can you blame her though? Tour money>Record sales. If she can establish herself as a competent touring artist, she'll never be broke. My fave hasn't had a hit record in who knows how long, but on the strength of his live show he can sell out a venue pretty much every time.

SaintZ

Pics from Avril's wedding...

w1vmsqf.jpg

w25as6u.jpg

74948-xfyimm_lm_thdjishsze.jpg

74948-glxaupcb0nna7ylfus94.jpg

She looks pretty. She said the wedding had a theme but it's nice to see that it wasn't anything outrageous.

The Canadian William and Kate got married at Chateau la Napoule in France.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
My housemate just came in and said 'GROWN WOMAN IS THE BEST SONG EVER. IT'S SO GOOD.'.

It's good to have tasteful friends. Now she's playing it in the kitchen while she cooks.

Kyon

Banned
lol

She'll definitely do better than her previous 'efforts' tho.

Not fair her label wasn't supporting ha :"""""(

Some of her videos she funded herself too. Just so unfair.

Her album is top 20 from just the preorders.

*Looks through last dozen pages for Ciara mentions*

I posted snippets and stanned as per but the hoes ignored ha

Getting Future helped her a lot.

She's been with Future for like a year or two now? They had chemistry in the studio :) but yes I'm grateful for Future and her

royalan

I'm not going to lie. I officially Stan "I'm Out" now. It's so...Ciara, but calls back the days when saying that wasn't an insult.

And she KILLED that MV/BET performance.

Looks like I'll be giving her some first week coins.

Kyon

Banned
Future wrote 2 songs. He set nothing else up. Everything was done by LA Reid's team. Stop crediting Future with anything. If anything, Body Party is HIS most successful song he's ever done, not the other way around.

Yup. LA has been saying since last year he was going to bring some of his girls back. He hasn't disappointed yet. Been supporting ha unlike that other mess

DMeisterJ

Banned
Future wrote 2 songs. He set nothing else up. Everything was done by LA Reid's team. Stop crediting Future with anything. If anything, Body Party is HIS most successful song he's ever done, not the other way around.

"Bitches love me" - Platinum
"Loveeeeeee Song" - Gold
"Body Party" - Aluminum

Leave it to the Ci-Squad to rewrite history.

Future did put her on tho. Who was checking for her before "Body Party"? The truth is in the tea. Her last two albums flopped and "Sorry" and "Got me Good" flopped. The Squad better :worship: Future for saving your Dave's career.

SaintZ

Avril and Ciara saving Epic from bankruptcy
67d90ee8r9utw.gif

I'm glad for Ciara 'cause Body Party and I'm Out slay tbh (I doubt she's gonna get close to that 200k first week tho)

royalan

"Loveeeeeee Song" - Gold
"Body Party" - Aluminum

Future did put her on tho. Who was checking for her before "Body Party"? The truth is in the tea. Her last two albums flopped and "Sorry" and "Got me Good" flopped. The Squad better :worship: Future for saving your Dave's career.

I actually hate Body Party, tho. ;_____;

Seriously, I think it's one of the WORST Ciara slow grinds ("Promise" remains unbothered). The only thing I like about it is the homage it pays to "My Boo".

Was so surprised that track took off and kept the momentum up for the project.

EDIT: Not to be left in the dust, Fantasia premiered a video for "Without Me" featuring Kelly Rowland and Missy this week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n5SqwERoOc

I C U Fanny. Seems like people are putting more effort into their videos these days. Lovin it.

Special shoutout to Miss Rowland's BAWWWWWDY. Homegirl has been workin it!

"Loveeeeeee Song" - Gold
"Body Party" - Aluminum

Love Me is several months old
Lov7 Song as well

BP is 9 weeks old and is already 350K before album release

Still doesnt change the fact that it hit the #1 faster than any of those did on Urban radio.

The last two albums had NOTHING to do with who was giving her the gift of big dick and all to do with her label. The track for Body Party was already given to Ciara before Future wrote it.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I'm literally SCREAMING, I was going to add 'I can't wait to see Roy's new reasons to dislike her now that she's ditched the funk and pompadour'

THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH DEAD BANANA GIFS

<<<<<<<<<<<33333

...what is this?

I thought I was the ONLY ONE who thought Oh was one of Ciara's best songs???;____;

My favorite from the debut. ;____;

That song still goes hard. She hasn't been able to recreate that song's greatness. The weird thing is, I HATED Goodies and thought she was gonna be a one-hit wonder. Oh and 1,2 Step proves that she can make good music, but she hasn't been able top it since IMO.

JCX

I feel like this is her team's last big push to get her into the mainstream. Hopefully since the big players can't release albums on time, Janelle can capitalize on this and get a major hit.

Pitchfork said the song will also be in Covergirl commercials.

But, I dunno...I just can't vibe with the song. It's just too..bubbly. To the point of being almost cheesy. Janelle does high energy best when there's some layer of funk involved.

Agreed. I'll let it marinate and grow on me but Ms Monae is usually so Prince influenced it sounds a bit different.

But the booty don't lie.

The video is good.

Love Janelle's energy, as per.

AND OMG SHE GOT RID OF THE POMPADOUR.

But, I dunno...I just can't vibe with the song. It's just too..bubbly. To the point of being almost cheesy. Janelle does high energy best when there's some layer of funk involved.
The bolded is usually why I don't check for Janelle. I thought she turned a corner with Q.U.E.E.N. but I guess that was a one off.
And no I haven't listened to her whole catalog.

Agreed. I'll let it marinate and grow on me but Ms Monae is usually so Prince influenced it sounds a bit different.

But the booty don't lie.
Let's not.

JCX

The bolded is usually why I don't check for Janelle. I thought she turned a corner with Q.U.E.E.N. but I guess that was a one off.

One of the things I love about her is that she gave so many different styles on Archandroid. The most consistent thing about her style is her hair and black and white.

The thing about Janelle's music that irks me a lot as a pop/R&B/funk music fan is that she's never able to just let a hook SIT.

I think she has a decent eye for melody and chord progressions but she often pairs justifiably GOOD hooks with chords that aren't satisfying to hear. I dunno, it's hard to explain... it's like if Love Game's main hook ("let's have some fun this beat is sick") didn't have a second line but instead went down two chords, then was followed by an awkward riff and transition.

It's like she insists on making sure her songs aren't as catchy. With Q.U.E.E.N, the verses click pretty accurately as far as the chord and melody are concerned, but that chorus is just a clusterfuck. It's so BUSY the entire way through and the core of the song gets completely saturated. When you move from catchy verses to a chorus where you aren't sure whether to sing along to vocal 1, 2 or 3... it's immediately jarring to me.

I haven't listened to the new song but I'm assuming it'll follow that same trend. I think she's a GREAT writer and a fabulous performer, but she SUCKS at writing radio-friendly songs. She can't, and I think she wants to.

Kyon

Banned
I don't fucking get it. JanHell as much as I try to listen to her I get bored to tears. It's the same WHEWno Mars sound that I hate. The whole throwback sound sucks and it's really boring.

Also her shtick with the whole hair do thing and the tuxedo/shoes tired mess is just... I can't. She has literally had the same exact look since she came out.

It's like she insists on making sure her songs aren't as catchy. With Q.U.E.E.N, the verses click pretty accurately as far as the chord and melody are concerned, but that chorus is just a clusterfuck. It's so BUSY the entire way through and the core of the song gets completely saturated. When you move from catchy verses to a chorus where you aren't sure whether to sing along to vocal 1, 2 or 3... it's immediately jarring to me.

Do what now? The only bad thing about Q.U.E.E.N. is that preachy rap shit at the end. Otherwise it's flawless.

Kyon

Banned
Her look and style is my favorite thing about her. Re-invention is not something that's necessary, nor is it always a good thing. ;)

I'm sorry but to make it in the biz you gotta change things up. Only a few artists can stay the same an get away with it. Other than that this industry is always changing and growing. If you can't meet the requirements don't come at all tbh.

I'm sorry but to make it in the biz you gotta change things up. Only a few artists can stay the same an get away with it. Other than that this industry is always changing and growing. If you can't meet the requirements don't come at all tbh.

Musically, yeah. But if you want to be remembered in an actually substantial way then you'll need a signature. Her look is her signature, just like Justin, Beyonce, Britney, etc. It's a great recall quality.

moulels

So when is the artpop app coming out guys?

Just before the avant garde artport 2nd volume right guys?

;________________________________________________________________;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom