• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

Member
The difference is that Bey stans are DISAPPOINTED with the song, they are not saying that comparing it with GW is like comparing two different kinds of shit.

The fact of the matter is that you dropped your cover too quickly and that's trashed your backstory. It was obvious for a long time that you were only pretending to like SotS for as long as you needed to so that you when you eventually and inevitably turned on it to announce that it is the single worst song in human history and makes you reconsider your opinion of Adolf Hitler you could say 'no! i'm not just a delusionally pressed hater! i liked standing on the sun for ten minutes before the disappointing second verse/bit where beyonce does a singing thing i can complain about/she makes reference to female empowerment and i can spew pressed nonsense about some imagined hypocrisy!' (delete as appropriate) as though pretending to like one song for two months is enough for your opinions about Bey to gain weight or relevance.

As ever, stay Londa. I'll say hi to your fave's career for you when I take out the trash later.

...Gurl, I'm glad you're following my every move like this, but not even I put that much effort into my shade. I anoint myself and throw the holy water on Beysatancé when the mood strikes me. I don't plot things.

Besides, I fail to see how Beyonce stans being "disappointed" is different than me coming right out and saying "the song is shit." That is, after all, what people REALLY want to say when they say the song is disappointing.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
...Gurl, I'm glad you're following my every move like this, but not even I put that much effort into my shade. I anoint myself and throw the holy water on Beysatancé when the mood strikes me. I don't plot things.

Besides, I fail to see how Beyonce stans being "disappointed" is different than me coming right out and saying "the song is shit." That is, after all, what people REALLY want to say when they say the song is disappointing.

I wouldn't exactly consider concern trolling to be the most cerebral activity in the world.

And I cannot at that second sentence. This Gaming Side approach to opinions. RIP.

Trigger

Member
zxHct.gif

Icicle

Member
Crystal Kay said:
WOW. SO TODAY IS MY 14TH ANNIVERSARY OF BEING IN THE INDUSTRY!! TIME FLIES LIKE MAD...BUT IM STILL HERE!! AND I AINT GOIN NOWHEREEEEEEEE ;) THANKYOU TO ALL WHOS HELPED ME GET TO WHERE I AM.

♥

CK

1044532_621652961180642_2046478951_n.jpg

Posted to her Facebook. She's COMING.

royalan

Member
I wouldn't exactly consider concern trolling to be the most cerebral activity in the world.

And I cannot at that second sentence. This Gaming Side approach to opinions. RIP.

"Concern trolling". That's a pretty hefty accusation, Godel. What reasons do you have to believe that I would be disingenuous with the fact that I really wanted to enjoy Standing on the Sun? The tea is all there:

a) I've been quite open about how much I've been anticipating that song.
b) I IDOLIZE Sia.
c) I've always been open about the fact that I actually liked Beyonce...once upon a time.

Honestly, attacking me like this. I'm not the one on trial here. That putrid song is.

E7vy1F7.jpg

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Ellie Goulding had a new song in skins tonight, maybe even two, not quite sure

Sounded great though

edit; its called you my everything
some messy snippets here

Aguila

#ICONIC
Ellie Goulding had a new song in skins tonight, maybe even two, not quite sure

Sounded great though

edit; its called you my everything
some messy snippets here

omg. We get this (hopefully an official version soon) and Burn in August. Why is Ellie spoiling us like this?
25793bfd.gif

Oh, and this is a good video for why Christina has a smaller voice, with examples of bigger voices that are contrasted with Christina. I think the same contrast can be done with Mariah, though Mariah simply has better technique than Christina.
Hmm, now that I've seen all the examples in that video, I see where you're coming from and agrih. I'll add that Mariah's "smallness" is probably most evident in her performances of "Vanishing" during that final run. Always seemed like she struggled to properly resonate during that run too.

I'm not sure I like how that video seems to create some dichotomy between bigness and tonal smoothness/brightness, though. As if the only way one can achieve a big sound is to sing with a manly tone like Anastacia's. I mean, Whitney, SohYang, and others can transition on a dime from flowery, honey-suckled tenderness dripping with delicate fioratura to gloriously supported primal howls that pierce your soul with their projection and (in the latter case) pure volume.

I don't know, I'm drunk.

PowderedToast

Junior Member
wow i didn't know sots was out on youtube

i don't think i will listen to any more leaked bey. i want the full #impact of 5 becos she is a true artiste who releases ALBUMS not glorified single collections :~)

Mumei

Member
Hmm, now that I've seen all the examples in that video, I see where you're coming from and agrih. I'll add that Mariah's "smallness" is probably most evident in her performances of "Vanishing" during that final run. Always seemed like she struggled to properly resonate during that run too.

I would say it is most evident here. She's clearly projecting well (and certainly not going all-out), but it's obvious that it isn't a "big" sound.

I forgive her any minor problems with Vanishing. It's an incredibly difficult song, after all, and she still does it well.

I'm not sure I like how that video seems to create some dichotomy between bigness and tonal smoothness/brightness, though. As if the only way one can achieve a big sound is to sing with a manly tone like Anastacia's. I mean, Whitney, SohYang, and others can transition on a dime from flowery, honey-suckled tenderness dripping with delicate fioratura to gloriously supported primal howls that pierce your soul with their projection and (in the latter case) pure volume.

I don't know, I'm drunk.

I think he's differentiating between the thicker, darker tone of a dramatic mezzo-soprano such as Anastacia and the lighter, girlier tone of a lyric mezzo-soprano like Christina. Lyric voices tend to be anywhere from small to medium in size, and even big-for-lyric voices such as Celine tend to have the same issues of losing tonal quality when going too loud. Truly big voices don't have a point where they become too loud and lose their tonal quality; they just keep it up as high as they can go.

But I don't think he's arguing that you need a manly tone to have a big voice. After all, he uses examples of Whitney who would be an obvious counterpoint to that notion.

Was watching Beyonce performances during her B'Day era and I can't believe how basic her performance style was. Cocktail dresses, demure poses, half-baked choreography, uber-fake interactions with the audience... holy shit. I just realized that she didn't become the consummate pop performer until Single Ladies. It wasn't until she found Sasha Fierce that she finally perfected her craft.

It's obvious that she started honing her craft for performance after she dropped her dad as manager (ie. 4), coz otherwise she'd still be in ill-fitting cocktail dresses doing half-assed choreography while half-commanding an audience to sing along to Irreplaceable.

She's come a looooong way since then

Do I sound drunk? Coz I am. But don't tell anyone. Especiall not Roy

Mumei

Member
It's obvious that she started honing her craft for performance after she dropped her dad as manager (ie. 4), coz otherwise she'd still be in ill-fitting cocktail dresses doing half-assed choreography while half-commanding an audience to sing along to Irreplaceable.

Exactly. Now she doesn't have them sing along; she just has them sing it.

I actually loved that first minute. I hadn't seen it before tonight.

royalan

Member
Oh. I didn't realize that was tea-spilling. I just thought it was cute. :p

That was piping hot Jasmine Chai with a splash of soy, Mumei.

If I'm at your concert is because I want to watch YOU sing the goddamn song. Lately she will do that with ENTIRE SONGS.

cory64

Member
omg that first minute totally reads like a shade video, then it became serious... which makes the first minute even more scalding
RIP

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Meanwhile, IN REALITY, Beyoncé sold out an arena tour. Funny that the only people who think she's a bad performer are the people who'd only go to throw rotten fruit.

Nemesis_

Member
For the good Cory-sis: -

Ring the bells – Annie is back on August 5 with a new, five-track EP.

It’s called ‘The A&R EP’. The A stands for Annie and the R stands for Richard, as in Richard X, who’s produced and co-written the whole thing. (The EP’s also coming out on Richard’s label Pleasure Masters.)

The first track that’ll appear is ‘Back Together’, which also features THE MIGHTY LITTLE BOOTS on songwriting duties.

According to the press release, Richard and Annie have “conjured up five tracks of dance influenced pop, hinting at the days when dance became pop, became dance all over again” (translation: it’s a bit of a late-80s early-90s pensiverave affair that fits in with the rest of the extensive Pleasure Masters catalogue) while ‘Back Together’ “places Annie firmly back in the middle of the dancefloor, finding salvation under the flickering strobes”.

We don’t know if we’re supposed to be reviewing the EP yet but it’s basically brilliant. The tracks are:

1. ‘Back Together’
2. ‘Hold On’ << THIS IS OUR FAVOURITE
3. ‘Ralph Macchio’
4. ‘Invisible’
5. ‘Mixed Emotions’

As an ‘addendum’, we’ve been sent the new image above in stupidly high resolution, so if you want the full size thing perhaps for a nice desktop background you can download that here.

http://www.popjustice.com/thenews/a...ve-made-an-ep-together-and-its-out-in-august/

A4A9cGw.jpg

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Oh, the shade from that YT video description.

She was on another level, and for me was the definition of entertainment. She was just immense, her singing dancing, routines, energy, the love she gave and the shock and grattitude of the love she recieved was just amazing to watch, a crowd that big & we could still here eery word they sang of her song.

Where is the damn fucking lie?

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
A better version of the snippets from Ellie Goulding - You My Everything
Sounds like it could be the entire song tbh
It's fucking great

Ellie+Goulding+ellie+3.gif

edit; I hadn't realised that Gaga rewrote a bit of the NA and riled up some conservatives

1044931_296543713815775_1755086684_n.png

She's getting haself some news, she's coming!

Mumei

Member
That was piping hot Jasmine Chai with a splash of soy, Mumei.

If I'm at your concert is because I want to watch YOU sing the goddamn song. Lately she will do that with ENTIRE SONGS.

Well, I agree to some extent, but I also feel like there's something special about a moment like that for the artist and for the fans; for the artist to see his or her fans singing along to a song she wrote crossed a few t's and dotted a few i's on, and for the audience members I imagine it is quite the communal experience to be singing along with tens of thousands of other fans.

I think you're making too much of it.

PowderedToast

Junior Member
Frankmusic_North_American_tour_album.jpg

frankmusik's new album has dropped!! his 1st independent release - it's real good, not as strong as his 09 debut but still noteworthy

the production is off the charts, still the best thing about his music. super chaotic yet still feels organised. the sound is like j-pop mixed with british electro pop =0 = 0

cake

if you like the snd of that check out his debut 'complete me', which slays even harder

better off as two

Nemesis_

Member
SOME NOOZ

1.) Bonnie McKee says Katy Perry's new album is MORE MATURE and is coming SOONER THAN WE THINK.

2.) A greater snippet of #ATMJAM has premiered but I am not sure if the song is just a ratchet mess or whether the radio dude is announcing stuff over the top of the song. >_>

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Well, I agree to some extent, but I also feel like there's something special about a moment like that for the artist and for the fans; for the artist to see his or her fans singing along to a song she wrote crossed a few t's and dotted a few i's on, and for the audience members I imagine it is quite the communal experience to be singing along with tens of thousands of other fans.

I think you're making too much of it.

You would have thought someone who stans so hard for what essentially amounts to a glorified wedding singer would get the point of a big audience feel-good singalong moment but apparently not.

Nemesis_

Member
Let me continue posting news

The Guardian interviewed Robyn about whether or not U SHOULD KNOW BETTER getting a music video despite being three years old means that she is prepping for new music.

You're laughing as if you've only just started working on a new album. Is that the case?

(Still laughing) Yeah. I mean, I've started working again. I don't know what it will be – it's too early to say if it's going to be an album, or an EP. I don't even know if it's going to be my own music. We shall see. I see people messaging me on my Twitter and sometimes I feel bad because I'm nowhere near finished with the album – it's probably going to be a while before you hear anything new from me.

PowderedToast

Junior Member
Let me continue posting news

The Guardian interviewed Robyn about whether or not U SHOULD KNOW BETTER getting a music video despite being three years old means that she is prepping for new music.

i am fine with this

true artists go at their own pace

robyn will be achieving MJ length between albums, which only helps cement her iconic status
7gBysRZ.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i am fine with this

true artists go at their own pace

robyn will be achieving MJ length between albums, which only helps cement her iconic status
7gBysRZ.gif

Agreed tbh, I would much rather she takes as long as she needs than squeeze out an album a year. Luckily I am not the type to go stircrazy just because my fave hasn't released new music for a while.

cory64

Member
Scandinavian queens like to take their time; Annie's been teasing her new EPs since March 2012, and she was silent for maybe 2 years prior to that. It's kinda cute but it's totally frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom