• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
iCNhIHbDxeWD1.png

Aguila

#ICONIC
wwwwait

Have you started thinking about making any new music at this point?
Yeah, all the time. There are so many things I want to do. I want to start the new record, but I don’t want to get ahead of myself because I feel like I have a long way to go with this album. I’m releasing a re-package of the album with so many new songs. My new single “Burn” is one of the most exciting songs I’ve done and I’m really looking forward to when that comes out. I’ve been collaborating with a few people recently [too]. I have such an affinity with electronic music that I can’t step away from it.

x

ELLIESUS GODLING is coming. Get ready for Halcyon the re-release.

ibzwM542kPkY7x.gif

elle-ellie-goulding-02-de.jpg

A vision of health and beauty
yahooFlutter.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Is I Need Your Love slaying? I don't listen to the radio much, but when I do, it's always on.
waq685xu9z.gif

It's doing alright

1. JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE – Mirrors: 183.802 (-1.370)
2. ROBIN THICKE – Blurred Lines f/Pharrell & T.I: 170.252 (+5.394)
3. MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS – Can’t Hold Us f/Ray Dalton: 150.397 (-2.252)
4. DAFT PUNK – Get Lucky: 148.719 (+3.736)
5. IMAGINE DRAGONS – Radioactive: 121.949 (+2.126) 6. PINK – Just Give Me A Reason: 117.932 (-1.527)
7. SELENA GOMEZ – Come & Get It: 108.785 (-0.032)
8. ICONA POP – I Love It f/Charli XCX: 103.517 (-1.069) 9. FLORIDA-GEORGIA LINE – Cruise f/Nelly: 95.909 (+0.389) ▲
10. BRUNO MARS – Treasure: 94.738 (+0.286) ▲
11. RIHANNA – Stay f/Mikky Ekko: 94.680 (-1.698) ▼
12. MAROON 5 – Love Somebody: 78.721 (+2.236)
13. JASON DERULO – The Other Side: 76.147 (+0.967) ▲
14. ZEDD – Clarity f/Foxes: 75.433 (+0.029)
15. ARIANA GRANDE – The Way f/Mac Miller: 74.477 (-1.173) ▼
16. J. COLE – Power Trip f/Miguel: 71.249 (-0.788)
17. BRUNO MARS – When I Was Your Man: 70.443 (-0.576)
18. FALL OUT BOY – My Songs Know What You Did…: 70.115 (-0.423)
19. LUKE BRYAN – Crash My Party: 65.722 (+0.221)
20. BRAD PAISLEY – Beat This Summer: 64.664 (-0.596)

CALVIN HARRIS F/ELLIE GOULDING – I Need Your Love: 64.180 (+0.946)
MARIAH CAREY – #Beautiful f/Miguel: 63.258 (-0.551) THE BAND PERRY – Done: 61.777 (+0.222) MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS – Same Love f/Mary Lambert: 60.255 (+2.204)
ANNA KENDRICK – Cups (Pitch Perfect’s When…: 57.588 (+1.213)
PHILLIP PHILLIPS – Gone, Gone, Gone: 56.950 (+0.864)
CAPITAL CITIES – Safe And Sound: 46.440 (+0.924)
CIARA – Body Party: 43.327 (+0.144)
CARRIE UNDERWOOD – See You Again: 41.997 (+0.201)
RIHANNA – Right Now f/David Guetta: 39.702 (+0.710)
KELLY CLARKSON – People Like Us: 30.198 (-0.010)
KENNY CHESNEY – When I See This Bar: 25.032 (+0.313)
MILEY CYRUS – We Can’t Stop: 24.310 (+1.432)
BRITNEY SPEARS – Ooh La La: 23.189 (-0.089)
AUSTIN MAHONE – What About Love: 20.799 (+1.012)
KE$HA – Crazy Kids: 19.138 (+0.283)
FANTASIA – Without Me f/Kelly Rowland: 18.299
TAYLOR SWIFT – Red: 7.488 (+1.017)
KELLY CLARKSON – Tie It Up: 2.004
FIFTH HARMONY – Miss Movin’ On: 0.889

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
wwwwait

x

ELLIESUS GODLING is coming. Get ready for Halcyon the re-release.

ibzwM542kPkY7x.gif

elle-ellie-goulding-02-de.jpg

A vision of health and beauty
yahooFlutter.gif

Hopefully for the new ones she's actually remembered to write songs and not just the musical equivalent of a mood board.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
So I'm starting a week long trial today and tomorrow when I get dosed I can't read, watch tv, go on my laptop or use my phone for eight hours

What am I supposed to do D:

Also, their internet blocks imgur as spam, so this page is just a mess rn

CiSUS Christ is slaying. She's even back on my familie's radar. They mostly only listen top 40 too.

I'm so happy that the only and most talented dancer in the biz is back in the lighT

i2CsPbf7ItRy4.gif

YESS!!!!

First, Im Out has only been out on Vevo 2 days, and is already on 7M views

Body Party hasn't even been released to Mainstream yet and its SLAYING charts. 42M AI.

The album is in the TOP 20 of iTunes sales and is a week away from release. this does not count streams

bort

http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/chart-alert/1568860/robin-thickes-blurred-lines-holds-atop-hot-100

Miley Cyrus' "We Can't Stop" charges 5-3 as the Hot 100's top Digital Gainer. It rises 6-2 on Hot Digital Songs (209,000, up 30%) after a 74% gain (to 161,000) last week following the song's video premiere on June 19. "Stop" holds at No. 1 on Streaming Songs (8 million, down 16%; the clip's arrival spurred a 471% streaming increase a week ago). Radio could determine the song's staying power, and its No. 62 bow on Hot 100 Airplay (20 million, up 60%) is a positive sign for its fortunes. It pushes 27-24 in its fourth week on the Mainstream Top 40 airplay chart with the format's fourth-best gain in plays (up 50%).

With its 5-3 advance, "Stop" becomes Cyrus' second-highest-charting Hot 100 hit, bested only by "Party in the U.S.A.," which spent three weeks at No. 2 in 2009. "Stop" passes her No. 4-peaking "The Climb" (also in 2009).

Thanks haters <3

mH03l7p.gif

Blurred Lines is going to end up blocking her ughh

no, not any song can be a hit the Beyhive should know this by now

Anything can be a hit now, not in 2011 when there was actually good shit.

I wonder how Bey will do once she finally records a song for her next album.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Anything can be a hit now, not in 2011 when there was actually good shit.

I wonder how Bey will do once she finally records a song for her next album.
Oh la la and Right Now beg to differ, both terrible and are going nowhere
And they are both from established popgirls

Kyon

Banned
One's a third single that has no promotion or music video, the other is from a movie soundtrack and even that's making waves on radio.

that's because of the massive radio deal from the movie studios. It's already having the rolling effect like BTW and GMAYL. Now with it over with its dropping like expected

Bladenic

Plenty of bad shit made it to top 10 15 in 2011, what's your point?

People who say stuff like "anything can be a hit these days" are delusional, shit always clogs up the charts.

We Can't Stop is a great song, let the haters continue seething while praying Beyonce can manage to hit the top fifteen at the very least again.

People who say stuff like "anything can be a hit these days" are delusional, shit always clogs up the charts.

We Can't Stop is a great song, let the haters continue seething while praying Beyonce can manage to hit the top fifteen at the very least again.

I'm hardly a music snob in the least, but that Miley Cyrus song is quantifiable shit. It's the Call of Duty Modern Warfare of pop music. Recycled everything. It never needed to happen, does nothing that sets it apart from any other song on the radio, and not to mention that god awful Brooke Candy-inspired music video that isn't nearly as clever, hard-hitting or inspired.

If Beyonce can't manage a number one hit in a year where this song is smashing, then it obviously just says more about the people who listen to radio rather than the artist herself.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I actually think the top 10 has been the best its been in years as far as mainstream music goes

1 Blurred Lines
2 Get Lucky
3 We Can't Stop
4 Radioactive
5 Can't Hold Us
6 Cruise
7 Mirrors
8 Treasure
9 Come & Get It
10 The Way

I could do without Treasure and C&CI(got old fast) tho

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I don't really get what's so funny though? The fact that a lot of awesome music fails to chart does say a lot more about the people who buy singles than it does about the music. Does Bey really have you all so pressed that her mere mention is enough to turn facts to delusions?

cory64

But a lot of awesome stuff does chart... including Beyoncé in the past. Once you reach a certain level, that argument is invalid.

I won't be defending the lyrics of We Can't Stop anytime soon but the melodies of the hook and bridge are really well constructed (more solid than Run The World or Grown Woman if I'm being honest) and her smoky vocals might not be technically great but they convey that hazy end of summer feel perfectly. Not surprised radio is eating it up. With a proper remix I'd probably bop.

Majmun

All dem a gwaan dem a dem a dem a gwaan
Dem a gwaan gwaan gwaan, sof-sof-softer sof-softer
All dem a gwaan dem a dem a dem a gwaan
Dem a gwaan gwaan gwaan, softer than clay

None ah dem have the guts to rise it and spray
None ah dem have the guts to bust the SK

This song slays so much, yeezus.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
But a lot of awesome stuff does chart... including Beyoncé in the past. Once you reach a certain level, that argument is invalid.

So how do you explain the fact that 4 is her best album but her least chart successful without reference to the buying public?

ioAaPf8eZq1SU.gif

Kyon

Banned
Since you're so concerned about the buying public's taste would that mean 4gettable is pure SHIT? I certainly agree with that assessment.

ioAaPf8eZq1SU.gif

I agree a lot of good material does chart (contrary to what seems to be the majority opinion here but I think Blurred Lines is a great pop song) but that wasn't what I was trying to say. I think pop songs now get a lot more leeway to do well on radio and on the charts and it's because there's a lack of genre consolidation. There are more diverse types of songs that can do well (rap, hip-hop, alternative, electronica, and recently dance and country/folk) to the point where the rest of the songs out there that are more quintessentially pop are automatically MORE receptive to charting well because there will always be a market for pure pop music, and so people will eat a Miley Cyrus song up because there are fewer pure pop songs making the rounds than before. Maybe the physical number of pop songs releasing is the same, but the fact that more and more neighboring genres have an equal hand at the Billboard charts just makes the regular pop scene smaller. That's what I mean when I say "anything can chart" because there's simply a lower standard on what can do well on the radio when it comes to pop music. There's just less of a representation for it and so whatever will come out automatically has a better chance of getting heard.

And as for my other comment about Beyonce charting and its implications, I was just saying that since the standards for pop music is a bit lower than before, Beyonce is much more guaranteed to do well due to the fact that she, generally, makes really good pop music (and if you find that "delusional" then I'm sorry, but you just don't see quality the way I do). And I was ALSO saying that if her songs don't smash well (despite having some proper promo and/or a music video as a pairing) then it's very easy for me to insinuate that people have gotten comfortable with that lower standard to the point where songs that reach farther just don't resonate. It'll be really interesting to see how she and Gaga fare since I'm convinced that the market right now is VERY different from where it was even two years ago.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Since you're so concerned about the buying public's taste would that mean 4gettable is pure SHIT? I certainly agree with that assessment.

ioAaPf8eZq1SU.gif

Not sure how you got that out of what I typed tbh? Although thanks for aptly demonstrating that charting is more to do with the buyers than the music.

Kyon

Banned
It's not bad to complain about the crap on the charts tbh. But I can't exactly complain about it as a whole because all my faves dominated those charts and usually dominate them when their era's arrive ANYWAY. Peasants only chart when the gurls aren't around.

ioAaPf8eZq1SU.gif

ioAaPf8eZq1SU.gif

He's saying that chart performance has less to do with the general quality of the music and more to do with what's trending with the buying public. 4 wasn't on trend, and thus it didn't do well. However critics and Beyonce fans agree that it's by far her best album. Hence the discrepancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom