• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

moulels

What the fuck is she doing???

ibnlAqBHRUff9c.gif

This is worse than being a Nintendo stan.

I know the guy who's been leaking this shit, but he won't share anything with me because I called him a lying troll cunt when he claimed to have Leona's demo of "Blank Page"

#oop

Kyon

Banned
When you sound like someone who has been DEEP THROATING since coming of AGE the time of compliments cease to exist.

Smellie certainly has AIRY VOCALS I mean MASSAGING those pipes have done enough DAMAGE

Stop

Ellie's airy vocals + tighter production >>>> Leona's drawn out slop
It's obviously unpolished and missing a ton of production details that would be added later, but it's probably a one-take thing just to test the waters (like most demos are).

If you compare Leona's demo of "Lovebird" to the final version, it's night and day. The majority of her Echo output (which unfortunately leaked before the album was released) is miles better than the demo versions the German hackers who leaked them had. #poordat though when her cursory demo effort punches Smellie's overproduced to hell and back effort - I sympathize with whoever had the job of making her sound listenable.

Now leak "We Found Love" and "Halo" tbh

Kyon

Banned
Yeah Leona's isnt DEPRESSING like every one of Smellie's songs. It's more believable as a dance song than the Smellie version.

royalan

WaiT...

While I agree with Aguila-sis that the production on Ellie's version sounds a lot fresher (and it should)...

I am LOVING Leona's vocal on the song! It's so peppy and upbeat. WHY DID SHE PASS THIS SONG UP???

Leona's vocal>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ellie

My one complaint about the way Ellie sings (other than that she sometimes sounds asthmatic) is that the airy quality she puts into her vocals is such a put-on affectation that I think inhibits what she can do with her voice. EVERYTHING she sings sounds the same. The voice is always one-note, and the intensity is always lacking, and I think it's because she spends so much effort focusing on giving a wheezy vocal at the expense of everything else. Outside of a very limited falsetto she can't emote worth shit.

Inability to emote is usually a criticism I reserve for Leona, but compared to Ellie she's positively [d y n a m i c]. Her vocals dance around the beat effortlessly, which gives her version so much more energy.

Kyon

Banned
WaiT...

While I agree with Aguila-sis that the production on Ellie's version sounds a lot fresher (and it should)...

I am LOVING Leona's vocal on the song! It's so peppy and upbeat. WHY DID SHE PASS THIS SONG UP???

My one complaint about the way Ellie sings (other than that she sometimes sounds asthmatic) is that the airy quality she puts into her vocals is such a put-on affectation that I think inhibits what she can do with her voice. EVERYTHING she sings sounds the same. The voice is always one-note, and the intensity is always lacking, and I think it's because she spends so much effort focusing on giving a wheezy vocal at the expense of everything else. Outside of a very limited falsetto she can't emote worth shit.

Inability to emote is usually a criticism I reserve for Leona, but compared to Ellie she's positively [d y n a m i c]. Her vocals dance around the beat effortlessly, which gives her version so much more energy.

Yeah Smellie needs to work with her vocals, play with it. She usually always sounds the same its why i cant listen to her

Is Prince's 'Purple Rain' 2nd best album ever? Yes, says Entertainment Weekly.
Entertainment Weekly has published the list to end all lists: The 100 All-Time Greatest – movies, TV shows, albums, novels, plays, etc.
Prince’s “Purple Rain” is ranked No. 2, behind only the Beatles’ “Revolver.” Debate amongst yourselves. We’re just delivering the information. EW asks if “Purple Rain” is the “sexiest album ever”? You might ask where is “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band” ? Not on the EW list.

1. The Beatles, Revolver
2. Prince, Purple Rain
3. The Rolling Stones, Exile on Main Street
4. Michael Jackson, Thriller
5. The Clash, London Calling
6. Bob Dylan, Blood on the Tracks
7. Aretha Franklin, Lady Soul
8. Kanye West, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
9. The Beach Boys, Pet Sounds
10. Nirvana, Nevermind
17. Adele, 21
24. Daft Punk, Discovery
43. Madonna, Madonna
74. Amy Winehouse, Back to Black
78. Bjork, Post
94. Beyonce, B'Day

<insert something shady about your faves here>

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Leona's version is destroying Ellie's. Whattt. Hahaha. Thanks for posting the link to this full version.

Aguila

#ICONIC
When you sound like someone who has been DEEP THROATING since coming of AGE the time of compliments cease to exist.

Smellie certainly has AIRY VOCALS I mean MASSAGING those pipes have done enough DAMAGE

Gurl wat

Continue seething at Ellie snatching a song that you like from that Equine mess.

Yeah Leona's isnt DEPRESSING like every one of Smellie's songs. It's more believable as a dance song than the Smellie version.

WaiT...

But clearly the general public is here for Ellie's vocals + dance music (Lights remix, I Need Your Love). Her dreamy/airy vocals, although samey at times, mesh well with the hard production of dance music.

I find Leona's voice overpowering and grating at times. Her voice does not compliment this type of music; it all seems like tew much together.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Revolver has "Tomorrow Never Knows" so I ain't mad at that list. Everyone knows only #1 matters
iQ9LxsNk2L1hD.gif

Tomorrow Never Knows simply shits.

But Revolver also has Taxman, Eleanor Rigby, I'm Only Sleeping, Love You To, Here There and Everywhere, Yellow Submarine, He Said She Said, Good Day Sunshine, And Your Bird Can Sing, For No One, Doctor Robert, I Want To Tell You and Got To Get You Into My Life which is what puts it into number 1 most iconic slays all your fave territory.

royalan

Gurls.

It's Floputainment Weekly.

That alone should tell you this list ain't shit.

Not the Prince doesn't deserve his high placement.

Nemesis_

As much as I hate Leona Lewis for propagating the Hendra virus throughout most of north Queensland, I think her version of Burn is actually much better.

Ellie's version is cute but I think her voice on almost every single song is like, exactly the same. I don't understand why she doesn't seem to alternate at all. I like it, don't get me wrong, but I feel like there's a bit more oomph behind Leona's vocals.

But Leona is a flop and as per with her shitty career decisions (see: We Found Love) she passed it up, so poor her.

Mhm. What's the use of so much talent if your brain is working at horse-level capacity?

iboyJrJ8MEK8RS.gif
Before you continue evaluating the poor decisions of others, shall I remind you that Smeglie was once boning this alien-esque radioactive sludge pit?

skrillex_reuters_1200.jpg

I'd rather chew hay all day and gallop stridently down the countryside, blissfully unaware of all the wasted potential my equine activities have wrought, than choke DAILY on that greasy slimeball's syphilitic, corrosive penile drip-drip.

iTDukKFGJjqNl.gif

I love Ellie Goulding's "Burn", and I also love Leona's version too.

Halcyon+ Tracklist

Out August 23 in the UK

1. Burn
2. Goodness Gracious
3. You My Everything
4. Hearts On Chains
5. Stay Awake (feat. Madeon)
6. Got It Under Control
7. Flashlight (feat. DJ Fresh)
8. How Long Will I Love You
9. Tessellate
10. Midas Touch (feat. BURNS)

ibdc2QOSRsdFJ0.gif
Be still my heart. Those tracks are going to be on the album in the US too right?

Aguila

#ICONIC
Before you continue evaluating the poor decisions of others, shall I remind you that Smeglie was once boning this alien-esque radioactive sludge pit?

skrillex_reuters_1200.jpg

I'd rather chew hay all day and gallop stridently down the countryside, blissfully unaware of all the wasted potential my equine activities have wrought, than choke DAILY on that greasy slimeball's syphilitic, corrosive penile drip-drip.

iTDukKFGJjqNl.gif

For all you know, he could be extremely gifted in that department; the reason Ellie kept it around.

And even Ellie has extorted that thing for music that caught the attention of film makers (and will probably extort it for more music in the future rip). Smart gurl.

Pray that Leoneigh's next equestrain owners have such foresight so as to get her music out of the English countryside from where she gallops.

gallop.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom