• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

^ Since we're getting excited about nobodies....

vHhGgas.jpg
4Lvwdez.jpg
GZybSC9.jpg

royalan

kYumNaa.gif
kYumNaa.gif
kYumNaa.gif
kYumNaa.gif

N6iQzkU.jpg

The song I have been waiting for all year is here:

MKS - Flatline

Produced by Dev Hines, it has his signature retro 90s sound (which I have fallen in complete love with), but he takes it a step further than anything he did for Solange or Sky Ferreira by smashing the production together with this Arcade Fire-esque swelling in the final third of the song. The lyrics are absolutely heartbreaking, never once coming anywhere near Taylor or Gaga levels of pretentiousness and cheese. And the girls sound absolutely magnificent together. The voices meld together in perfect harmony, and it's easy to forget that they ever split.

Girls, this might be the first song of the year to exceed my expectations. It's better than anything I could have expected. This song shits all over every girl group single from the last year, from a great height, and without even trying. Those other girls never stood a chance...I see that clearly now.

2013 just started.

Nemesis_

N6iQzkU.jpg

MKS - Flatline

Produced by Dev Hines, it has his signature retro 90s sound (which I have fallen in complete love with), but he takes it a step further than anything he did for Solange or Sky Ferreira by smashing the production together with this Arcade Fire-esque swelling in the final third of the song. The lyrics are absolutely heartbreaking, never once coming anywhere near Taylor or Gaga levels of pretentiousness and cheese. And the girls sound absolutely magnificent together. The voices meld together in perfect harmony, and it's easy to forget that they ever split.

Girls, this might be the first song of the year to exceed my expectations. It's better than anything I could have expected. This song shits all over every girl group single from the last year, from a great height, and without even trying. Those other girls never stood a chance...I see that clearly now.

2013 just started.

Can nobody fucking read anymore, literally five posts up.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
The MKS song is a bop, I can use this.

[edit]Their vocals are too basic to match the production towards the end though, needs more oomph tbh.

royalan

The MKS song is a bop, I can use this.

i1KzhSaSBgxEM.gif

...that's it?

I was expecting paragraphs on the superiority of the European musical perspective, taunts about how the US will start stanning this two years from now, wholesale dismissal of every girl group from the US, and a low-key reference to peeing in someone's butt.

You disappoint me, Godel.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
It goes without saying that this shits on US girlband output from the past ten years though. That's just what UK girlbands do, it's their modus operandi.

I still prefer the first two thirds of the song to the last though.

royalan

It goes without saying that this shits on US girlband output from the past ten years though. That's just what UK girlbands do, it's their modus operandi.

I still prefer the first two thirds of the song to the last though.

The song does complete change vibes in the end, but I think that's why I like it. The swelling production against a perfect and steady vocal. I think it could have been too much if they tried to match the production's intensity by wailing through to the finish. And that last vocal line...<3<3<3<3

Nemesis_

5th Hewmony already living up to their name I c

FILTH Harmony were never going to be anythinG, I don't know why anyone was deluding themselves into thinking otherwise.

Can they even be local? All they are is NO-BAL

Try again, whoever you are.

It's BEYOND TELLING that when I type their name into Wikipedia all I get is "List of The X Factor finalists (U.S. season 2)"

iTsAAGJHO66ZW.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
The song does complete change vibes in the end, but I think that's why I like it. The swelling production against a perfect and steady vocal. I think it could have been too much if they tried to match the productions intensity by wailing through to the finish. And that last vocal line...<3<3<3<3

I see what you're getting at but I think the vocals get a bit lost. Still though, their 'stuff' so far is very exciting, I'm here for their album
and inevitable breakup immediately afterwards because they're bullying Siobahn again RIP.

It's BEYOND TELLING that when I type their name into Wikipedia all I get is "List of The X Factor finalists (U.S. season 2)"

iTsAAGJHO66ZW.gif

14c9ois.gif

royalan

I see what you're getting at but I think the vocals get a bit lost. Still though, their 'stuff' so far is very exciting, I'm here for their album
and inevitable breakup immediately afterwards because they're bullying Siobahn again RIP.

14c9ois.gif

God, I hope not.
But most likely, yeah. ;____;

As for Fifth Harmony, I'm still checking for those girls, but I won't mask my disappointment. Miss Movin' On is the most derivative piece-of-junk single I've heard in months. I just don't understand why they would emphasize FH as a group of vocalists and then give them such a trash single that ANYONE could have done.

Flatline is everything I wanted out of Fifth Harmony's debut. Fresh, Pop, modern-but-reflective, and with an undeniable level of vocal quality. And brave, too. MKS could have easily gone with a Guetta/RedONE/Zedd radio bait single. That this is the single they chose as the lead makes me respect the entire project and believe its more than just a quick cash in on Sugababes stans.

Only singers could have done this song. ANYONE could have done Miss Movin On.

kYumNaa.gif
kYumNaa.gif
kYumNaa.gif

But WAIT

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

WHAT KIND OF FLOP STAN AM I!?!?!?!?

I saw this track in the sidebar of MKS' soundcloud.

Entertainment - Blood Orange Remix (feat. Mutya Keisha Siobhan)

HOW HAVE I NOT HEARD THIS??? The girls sound FANTASTIC HERE.

God, I need their album right now.

I only check for Siobhan because our life stories are basically identical (spontaneously hopping a plane to GTFO out of a terrible situation).

She, Aluna Francis, and Leona should form a girl band called "Too Much Dignity for This Shitty Industry" tbh

tumblr_mpe2tymOAW1qed306o1_1280.jpg

[ i c o n i c ]

i2JLmrYJRPMf5.gif
ibjdpSpFV24GkF.gif
i2JLmrYJRPMf5.gif
ibjdpSpFV24GkF.gif
i2JLmrYJRPMf5.gif
ibjdpSpFV24GkF.gif
i2JLmrYJRPMf5.gif
ibjdpSpFV24GkF.gif
i2JLmrYJRPMf5.gif
ibjdpSpFV24GkF.gif
i2JLmrYJRPMf5.gif
ibjdpSpFV24GkF.gif
i2JLmrYJRPMf5.gif
ibjdpSpFV24GkF.gif
i2JLmrYJRPMf5.gif
ibjdpSpFV24GkF.gif
i2JLmrYJRPMf5.gif
ibjdpSpFV24GkF.gif
i2JLmrYJRPMf5.gif
ibjdpSpFV24GkF.gif
i2JLmrYJRPMf5.gif
ibjdpSpFV24GkF.gif
i2JLmrYJRPMf5.gif
ibjdpSpFV24GkF.gif

kYumNaa.gif
kYumNaa.gif
kYumNaa.gif
kYumNaa.gif

N6iQzkU.jpg

MKS - Flatline

2013 just started.
ixbO3EbwW1jO3.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
Soundcloud actually started to work for this song, it is obviously a sign
Two days old though, took so long to be posted

Ellie really is fantastic
This + You My Everything will lead to a second round of slayage from ha

It was probably on private or whatever. She really did just now reveal it.

But not her making us wait till August to buy it >_>

Bladenic

Every girl band trying it just had their careers ended. Flatline is amazing.

And wait, they're bullying Siobhan again? Link to rumors and gossip? Poor girl, why does everyone hate her?

Leona has a demo of this?

Let me hear tbh

Also now that i know this i dont have to pay Ellienore any coins
Ryan Tedder wrote it for her back in 2011. All we have is this snippet.

Rolling Stone called it an "album standout" when they previewed Glassheart 1.0 seven-million years ago. Unfortunately, we'll never get to hear what the album sounded like before Fraser T. Smith replaced all the songs with his shitty stuff (the only GH 1.0 songs remaining are Glassheart, Favorite Scar, Sugar, and Fireflies).

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Ryan Tedder wrote it for her back in 2011. All we have is this snippet.

Rolling Stone called it an "album standout" when they previewed Glassheart 1.0 seven-million years ago. Unfortunately, we'll never get to hear what the album sounded like before Fraser T. Smith replaced all the songs with his shitty stuff (the only GH 1.0 songs remaining are Glassheart, Favorite Scar, Sugar, and Fireflies).

The entire Glassheart era could have been so damn good, such messy management

3phemeral

I don't get these complaints for Bey's "lack of emotion" on that Jay-Z track. I thought she emoted perfectly well, and perfectly suited to the chilled, laid-back, sultry vibe. She uses her lower register to affect this warmth to her vocal as if she's whispering the words and surrendering everything to her lover amid the chaos of everything else that's happening around them.

Now, complaints for Standing on the Sun are perfectly valid, in my opinion. But this song? Naw.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I don't get these complaints for Bey's "lack of emotion" on that Jay-Z track. I thought she emoted perfectly well, and perfectly suited to the chilled, laid-back, sultry vibe. She uses her lower register to affect this warmth to her vocal as if she's whispering the words and surrendering everything to her lover amid the chaos of everything else that's happening around them.

Now, complaints for Standing on the Sun are perfectly valid, in my opinion. But this song? Naw.

Ignore the press-ed, they'll always find something to complain about.

royalan

I haven't given a shit about a Bey-Z collabo since Crazy In Love and I'm not about to starT today.

Jay-Z needs to retire, though. He hasn't be good since The Black Album.

3phemeral

Ignore the press-ed, they'll always find something to complain about.

I've forgotten who stans for who, so I can't tell anymore.

I haven't given a shit about a Bey-Z collabo since Crazy In Love and I'm not about to starT today.

You're missing out on a good track. :) Personally think it's their best collaboration. CIL was probably the best prior to this but for me, that wasn't really anything amazing. This tops it, for sure. It's certainly more my taste, at least.

Majmun

New Bey-Z track is just amazing. Reminds me of the good old rnb tracks from the 90's. Such a good laid back track *.*

Kyon

Banned

I didn't care so much I still haven't listened to it and don't plan to lol

Aguila

#ICONIC
Halcyon+ Tracklist

Out August 23 in the UK

1. Burn
2. Goodness Gracious
3. You My Everything
4. Hearts On Chains
5. Stay Awake (feat. Madeon)
6. Got It Under Control
7. Flashlight (feat. DJ Fresh)
8. How Long Will I Love You
9. Tessellate
10. Midas Touch (feat. BURNS)

ibdc2QOSRsdFJ0.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Best song with "La La" in the title EVER?

I posted this weeks ago and was paid absolute DUST
But yes, the track shits

Halcyon+ Tracklist

Out August 23 in the UK

1. Burn
2. Goodness Gracious
3. You My Everything
4. Hearts On Chains
5. Stay Awake (feat. Madeon)
6. Got It Under Control
7. Flashlight (feat. DJ Fresh)
8. How Long Will I Love You