• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
lol I was waiting for Anna May to call her an insufferable cunt. I know she was thinking it.

Judging the kids is too harsh.
The parents tho...

ibtzhZDR2CwcHY.gif

SaintZ

Well, it looks like Selena to me. I don't like Selena or her music but I hope she's just using La Nina to promote ha new alberm tbh.

igyDaGaN84Ndc.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I was just watching some Kingsley video, and how comes I never heard of the name Jelena before?

DMeisterJ

Banned
:rip: at the blatant lip syncinig and the fact that her pants are so tight she had them unbuttoned. And performing while sitting down has to be one of the laziest things ever. And mumei can clock if I'm wrong, but isn't singing standing up better than sitting down?

A #triumphant sized mess.

botty

Banned
:rip: at the blatant lip syncinig and the fact that her pants are so tight she had them unbuttoned. And performing while sitting down has to be one of the laziest things ever. And mumei can clock if I'm wrong, but isn't singing standing up better than sitting down?

She isn't lipping. That performance is ad-libs, note dodging, whispering, and some actual singing, but not lipping. As someone who stans for rihanna, you'd think you would be an expert on identifying lip sync and back track dependency.

RIP @ her pants being unbuttoned, though.

DMeisterJ

Banned
She isn't lipping. That performance is ad-libs, note dodging, whispering, and some actual singing, but not lipping. As someone who stans for rihanna, you'd think you would be an expert on identifying lip sync and back track dependency.

RIP @ her pants being unbuttoned, though.

Goodbye, Rih doesn't lip sync (much to the #NAVY's chagrin), she just turns the backing track up to 11 on songs where she has to move and sing at the same time. Sit.

Mumei

It is. Maybe she forgot that it's been seventeen years since she clocked I Don't Wanna Cry sitting down.

Aguila

#ICONIC
This is interesting:

LADY GAGA'S NEW MUSIC

@gthot20

hi :) please answer: when, gaga, are going to release your new single? :)

@batfstag

Hi,

On two recent Interscope Records industry email blasts (its "Top 40 Fact Sheet"), a simple closing line has shown at the end, after the label has filled in radio/records/trades on other current releases. Four words:

"COMING SOON: LADY GAGA!"

No other details from the label yet, but that's something at least. Going by the timeframe of prior such emails, perhaps the next month or so will bring her new single? Interscope likely wouldn't be offering that tease if a marketing plan for new music isn't almost set to launch.

JZt3IH7.gif

Billboard also gives insight to why some songs fade out and others don't. I've always wondered this.

Article

royalan

But WHEN is Kylie releasing Skirt though?

ibsGro7glVYTLI.gif

I don't know if she ever is. ;_______;

Apparently it's just a buzz single.
Which I'm totally fine with. If Def Jam did all this (song, lyric video, commissioned official remixes by hot-and-relevant DJs...) for a buzz single, it gives me faith that they're not going to slouch when it comes to actual album promo

Still...
ibsGro7glVYTLI.gif

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I want to give ha my coins, but $2.49 for one track? *hits preview again*
ie8p3LI5DA5be.gif

The main mix needs to have that decimal point moved about four places to the left to be worth the money. Switch's remix, on the other hand, is worth $2.50 in a heartbeat.

Matthew Dear released his own remix the other day, but it's mostly just odd and not especially good.

Nemesis_

I don't know if she ever is. ;_______;

Apparently it's just a buzz single.
Which I'm totally fine with. If Def Jam did all this (song, lyric video, commissioned official remixes by hot-and-relevant DJs...) for a buzz single, it gives me faith that they're not going to slouch when it comes to actual album promo

Isn't she signed to ROC now? >_>

I assumed that's how she got to work with the people she worked with for Skirt.

Matt_

Links to some of the tracks that we've already heard from Halcyon+

1. 'Burn'
2. 'Goodness Gracious'
3. 'You, My Everything'
4. 'Hearts On Chains'
5. 'Stay Awake' ft. Madeon
6. 'Got It Under Control'
7. 'Flashlight' ft. DJ Fresh
8. 'How Long Will I Love You'
9. 'Tessellate'
10. 'Midas Touch' ft. BURNS

+ In My City which should really be on the album because it is great

edit; The QUEEN of dance music Annie Mac has done a lovely Sunshine Mix that is free to download
Get Your Life
Has some Destiny's Child, Haim, Rudimental, Disclosure and Miguel

Nemesis_

That Madeon track is actually quite cute, if not a little bit generic and nothing like Madeon's other stuff.

Hope it's not an indicator of ARTPOP in terms of production. >_> I do like Ellie's vocals on it though, it's like a better put together version of Figure 8.

Then again I'm only comparing them because they're both so uptempo lol

Nemesis_

A quick Google finds lots of unsubstantiated claims that Troy Carter (her manager) confirmed that she will be performing. Nobody seems to have concrete proof though.

Personally I think it makes a helluva lot of sense considering how much hype Gaga's two previous VMA appearances have had, but we'll see how things turn out. I doubt she could get her shit together given how much she's been dragging her feet.

The VMAs are about forty nine days away, I believe.

Wasn't Gaga confirmed to be performing there? Or am I hallucinating?

No confirmation, though the rumor mill says that that's where she's staging her first major performance of her next single.

They'll announce the performers in about 2-3 weeks though so we'll be getting info soon.

But I have a feeling we'll be getting news next week. Like Monday next week. All her people are riling the fans up right now and that should mean that Gaga's getting ready to reveal some things in the very near future.

Meanwhile Beyonce is probably still deciding how many songs her album should have. Ugh

Nemesis_

I didn't actually want to do this but since the thread is moving at a snail's pace I thought I might as well.

It's fun, if not depressing to read what the Little Monsters manage to piece together. I'm still not sure if I believe she was properly hacked. I feel like if she was she would've restored her shit back to normal already. But hew knows a this point. ATTEMPTING to not get excited.

01. Gaga's Twitter bio changes to:
"This interface has been shutdown temporarily. Please check back for updates."

02. Gaga's Twitter DP changes to a standard Twitter egg and the account also deletes several people Gaga was following.
]
03. Profile pic on Little Monsters changes to what looks like a blank wall. Some fans noticed that it looks like the same background of the picture she tweeted with the ARTPOP lyrics: "we could we could belong together."

04. Tweets start to get deleted, most notably the ones in which she cancels the BTWB. It's almost like she wants the fans to pretend that the past several months never happened.

05. Richy Jackson, her choreographer, tweets:
"Can the Twitter GODS please please unhack the hack attack to @ladygaga #stopthehackers"

However, it is confirmed that her accounts are not hacked. We can trust this statement, since it was confirmed by the site owner and moderators of GGD, who have contact with Gaga's team.

06. Rumors start to spread that July 4th is the "party" we've all been waiting for, including the rumor of the "Boston Tea Party" hinting at the single release of "TEA", an idea that, ironically, was already discussed on GGD before the whole hack-thing started due to numerous tweets on the same day about "tasting", "the tea is boiling" and "the last little drops" from Gaga's team.

07. Only an hour before the "hack tweet" Richy tweeted:

"Unexpected surprises are better than unwrapped gifts"

08. VEVO tweets a "Telephone" still, Propagaga puts a "Telephone" still on their homepage. When you put your mouse on her head, it reveals a " [:)] " smiley face. Jo also tweeted this smiley face, a lot of mods posted it as a status, causing all hell to break loose. The smiley face is quite interesting, since Gaga ended her infamous "party"-tweet with the same damn symbol.

09. Jo Calderone's Twitter account starts to get active again, tweeting:

1013440_1392442980971086_1506681133_n.jpg

and also favoriting the " [:)] " GGD tweet: https://twitter.com/JoCalderone/favorites

10. Lady Starlight's Facebook account seems to get hacked, when multiple screencaps appeared of the "hacker" saying:

"This is not a hack, but it's not Colleen." / "I love you my little babies" / "Did you miss Jo?"

The message is now deleted from Facebook, so there's no real proof now.

11. Tweets from the mods start spreading, including these:

"I know what's going on, but Gaga's confusing me"

"I can't talk about it, but it's awesome"

12. When GGD crashes the community messages change. The first one was "excuse me no", then it changed to " [:)] " smiley face, the next one was: "be right back" and the last one was: "over capacity."

13. Gaga's Twitter account favorites a tweet from a fan that says:

"Lady Gaga what's happening? ? [:(] "

14. In the middle of the chaos, the mods on GGD start posting hinting messages, incl. Jase's status: "Get ready" and SMILE2NE1 just now: "Get ready for this week ARTPOPists"

15. Gaga's Little Monsters account liked a post that assumed that Gaga would make her big return when all her fans change their profile pics to "blank canvases";

739738815.png

16. In the middle of the hype, Gaga Daily, Propagaga and apparently other Twitter accounts changed their bio to: "#ARTPOP"

17. At one point, #ARTPOP became the number one trending topic.

Love itttt.

Little Monsters are fuckinf insane but I love that it's totally feasible that she pulled all of that subtlety on purpose. If anything it shows how in sync she is with her fans.

royalan

I didn't actually want to do this but since the thread is moving at a snail's pace I thought I might as well.

It's fun, if not depressing to read what the Little Monsters manage to piece together. I'm still not sure if I believe she was properly hacked. I feel like if she was she would've restored her shit back to normal already. But hew knows a this point. ATTEMPTING to not get excited.

Little Monsters are by far the unhealthiest stanbase I have ever seen.

A lot of that speculation was unsettling to read.

And the way Gaga feeds into it...it's like a cult.

It is very culty. It'd be unsettling if it weren't so fun to watch.

That said, I hope she puts up more boundaries with ARTPOP. She seems to be doing just that right now, but I hope she doesn't operate exclusively based on what her super fans want to see. She needs to listen to mainstream trends a bit more.

Of course given how close they feel to her I wouldn't be surprised if fans turn on her for not tweeting as much or reaching out to fans as well.

Nemesis_

I don't think this is necessarily the right thing to do - but I think it's somewhat problematic that she has become someone who many of her fans are (obsessively) devoted to and builds a lot of her schtick around how well connected she is with her fans.

Which to me is why this absence seems so strange - for someone who's "establishment' relies on the artist-fan connection, she's being incredibly absent.

But meh, I never bought into it (too much) and I've never been one of those people to pretend that the latest album CHANGED MY LIFE or made me feel better about myself or whatever.

Interestingly, my least favourite songs on Born This Way are the "empowerment" ones - including Hair, Bad Kids

The absence only annoys me because of the resultant lack of music and the performances, which have been solely missing, especially from award shows and what not.

I just hope the little monsters don't influence ARTPOP too much.

I'm sure you will bandwagon when the time comes

ib0H41T34ZVBJu.gif

Matt_

Gaga is obviously going to debut something new within the next two months
Gives her time to do a lead single then a second one + album in time for Christmas

edit; Nice little interview with icona pop

Aguila

#ICONIC

I agree. A lot of my dislike of LG stems from interacting with her fanbase. I don't think the quality of her music warrants such a die-hard reaction. Is some of it cute? Sure. But jimminy christmas! I don't think anyones music would cause me to attack (verbally) old ladies. I get why she's popular, but I don't see that she's doing anything SO dramatically different that warrants this obsession with her every move. She's like... Katy B with a budget. It doesn't appeal to me, but in the end it doesn't have to.

I don't sense the tongue-in-cheekishness that I get from other fanbases when they talk about their fave, it's all so SUPER SERIOUS. I'm utterly baffled that people hate Rihanna. Like... how could you not love Rihanna? As far as this pop shit goes, she's IT for me. I don't get a sense from the NAVY that Rihanna is the BEST singer/dancer/actress/songwriter etc. I think we accept that Rihanna, like Madonna before her, is slaying your faves despite her faults, and you'll just have to bothered by it. There's a certain... haughtiness that exudes from a LG stans post that are equally condescending and wholly unwarranted based on what LG, IMO, has brought to the table so far. By the same token, I understand that now a days, music fans expect a level of interactivity and validation by their stars, and LG scratches that itch. I think there's a way to curate loyalty and maintain a broad appeal. It seems she's gone about it wrong, and hopefully she course corrects.

I think LG is fully capable of making good or at best okay music. (AKA music I like.) Hopefully BTW is not a portent of things to come.

inguHIeqOqphI.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom