• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob do you like any Gaga songs at all though?

Sure I do.

"Telephone" mostly for Bey.
"Videophone" mostly for Bey.
"Poker Face" is aight.
"Scheiße" is usable.

I won't go out of my way to listen to any of the above, but if they come on I won't cut them off. I was in a supermarket and Eh Eh came on and I left.
I blame it on the song, but I was in a hurry and the store was packed. But the song was the last straw. :)

Kyon

Banned
Giving me pretentious BTW teas with the way those cult members are speculating . I'll just wait on the sidelines like the rest of the 20 sane monsters out there

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I don't know why the pilot episode of Girls is so bad, but the second one was a lot better, especially at the sti clinic

More on topic, people really shouldn't judge Gaga on her new era based on the speculation of a few fans. Judge her when she actually does something

botty

Banned
I don't know why the pilot episode of Girls is so bad, but the second one was a lot better, especially at the sti clinic

I'll have to check this out some day. I've been watching Orphan Black, as suggested by Royalan, and it has been really enjoyable.

Bladenic

More on topic, people really shouldn't judge Gaga on her new era based on the speculation of a few fans. Judge her when she actually does something

Girls turned to complete shit in S2 except for one episode that's the best in the series. I'm watching S3 at first but if it's the same as S2 I'm done.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I'll have to check this out some day. I've been watching Orphan Black, as suggested by Royalan, and it has been really enjoyable.

Skip the first episode
The main girl gets cuts off from her parents and her roomate hates her boyfriend
That is all you need to know

Trigger

Girls did nothing for me. I can see the appeal, but it's not for me. I've heard such good things about Orphan Black though. I'm going to try starting it this week.

Bladenic

Speaking of shows, Netflix has a new series by the creator of Weeds debuting next week. DMJ you better watch. Hope it's the next House of God tbh

botty

Banned
What line was that?

I neither expected, nor wanted to see Lena Dunhams tits.

iyS4saI3hYqDe.gif

botty

Banned
Mumei, the next time you give out a tag please give it to Beysus and please make it say something horrible.

Bless.

Mumei

It is very culty. It'd be unsettling if it weren't so fun to watch.

That said, I hope she puts up more boundaries with ARTPOP. She seems to be doing just that right now, but I hope she doesn't operate exclusively based on what her super fans want to see. She needs to listen to mainstream trends a bit more.

Of course given how close they feel to her I wouldn't be surprised if fans turn on her for not tweeting as much or reaching out to fans as well.

You really are just a Bey stan who pretends to stan for the other girls, aren't you? Very clever.

Mumei

Mumei, the next time you give out a tag please give it to Beysus and please make it say something horrible.

Bless.

Nope.

I agree. A lot of my dislike of LG stems from interacting with her fanbase. I don't think the quality of her music warrants such a die-hard reaction. Is some of it cute? Sure. But jimminy christmas! I don't think anyones music would cause me to attack (verbally) old ladies. I get why she's popular, but I don't see that she's doing anything SO dramatically different that warrants this obsession with her every move. She's like... Katy B with a budget. It doesn't appeal to me, but in the end it doesn't have to.

I don't sense the tongue-in-cheekishness that I get from other fanbases when they talk about their fave, it's all so SUPER SERIOUS. I'm utterly baffled that people hate Rihanna. Like... how could you not love Rihanna? As far as this pop shit goes, she's IT for me. I don't get a sense from the NAVY that Rihanna is the BEST singer/dancer/actress/songwriter etc. I think we accept that Rihanna, like Madonna before her, is slaying your faves despite her faults, and you'll just have to bothered by it. There's a certain... haughtiness that exudes from a LG stans post that are equally condescending and wholly unwarranted based on what LG, IMO, has brought to the table so far. By the same token, I understand that now a days, music fans expect a level of interactivity and validation by their stars, and LG scratches that itch. I think there's a way to curate loyalty and maintain a broad appeal. It seems she's gone about it wrong, and hopefully she course corrects.

I think LG is fully capable of making good or at best okay music. (AKA music I like.) Hopefully BTW is not a portent of things to come.

inguHIeqOqphI.gif

The dedication to write this post out at 30 WPM. Just beautiful.

Nemesis_

Yeah I know, one of the most dumbest posts I've ever read. People just like pretending to be intelligent by throwing out BTW and pretentious together even in conversations where it's not relevant at all.

The album has so many people pressed, it's power.

royalan

I did drag at a campus event in college in support of my school's LGBT organization, and the song I lip-synced was Rihanna's SOS, which was #1 at the time.

I wore thigh-high hooker boots, and sported a gigantic ponytail made of dreadlocks and red extensions. I was fierce as hell.

Rihanna will always have a place in my heart, *.*

EDIT: I JUST REALIZED that I wore red extensions lip-syncing to Rihanna years before she would adopt the look. ;____;

Bladenic

Not Rih stealing her most iconic look from Roy. His impact.

I've said it before but I firmly believe Love The Way You Lie Part 2 is better than Part 1. Eminem's verse is amazing and Rih's voice is so filled with emotion. Despite Rih's shortcomings vocally, I think she's really good at conveying emotion (in the studio at least).

cory64

I did drag at a campus event in college in support of my school's LGBT organization, and the song I lip-synced was Rihanna's SOS, which was #1 at the time.

I wore thigh-high hooker boots, and sported a gigantic ponytail made of dreadlocks and red extensions. I was fierce as hell.

Rihanna will always have a place in my heart, *.*

EDIT: I JUST REALIZED that I wore red extensions lip-syncing to Rihanna years before she would adopt the look. ;____;
The mutual impacT

Aguila

#ICONIC
Brehs...am I late, have you discussed this

http://25.media.tumblr.com/746679879b5c9c5273cbbb8936bccb9f/tumblr_mpcrlgOwiJ1qfh70bo1_250.gif[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/4VVYo06.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

omg

Lil Wayne doing the most [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/korn0818/ATRLSmilies/rip_zpsec10ede9.gif
rip_zpsec10ede9.gif
rip_zpsec10ede9.gif

Kyon

Banned
Wait...what's happening here? At first, I thought she was reacting to something he said. If she's reacting to his appearance, then what little respect I may or may not have still had for her is officially gone.

yeah im feeling kind of disgusted by it.

Yado

Wait...what's happening here? At first, I thought she was reacting to something he said. If she's reacting to his appearance, then what little respect I may or may not have still had for her is officially gone.

She was probably reacting to him spazzing out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom