• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Azealia is one track away from finishing her album!!!

The time is nigh! Wonder if she'll manage to get a performance slot on an awards show or something
Would be cool seeing her at the VMAs

I want to believe
iX0wtZsaYxXEb.png

botty

Banned
Seems like RIHgurgitation's twitter antics aren't bothering Bruises.

A source tells the website that Chris isn't impressed with the Bajan star's behaviour: “Chris can’t believe Rihanna put him on blast,”

They continued: “Like for real, Ri? She might as well have said Chris’ name if she’s going to call him and the crew out," adding that Chris has no idea why his tweet riled her up so much: “All he did was publicise his album, give her and everybody else props, and then she goes hard on him for no reason.

That was in response to the shade Rihanna threw at Chris a few days ago on twatter. #DEATH at Chris being more mature.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Every pop thread in OT becomes this shit and I am so tired of it

musicfansi5sni.jpg

I've said it a few times but one of the things I actually like PopGAF as compared with a lot of other music communities is that you're all actually generally of the first type. There are specific bands and people that we dislike but we're not going to turn around and say pop music is the only real music and all the other kinds are shit.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
She used him to get a #1 album?

The reach, #icant

Yes let's just pretend that the title UNAPOLOGETIC isn't a MASSIVE REFERENCE to the whole thing. I'm sure that the track entitled 'Nobody's Business' that was a duet with her abuser was also not at all intended to stir controversy and boost sales.

The denial, #icant.

Yado

Yes let's just pretend that the title UNAPOLOGETIC isn't a MASSIVE REFERENCE to the whole thing. I'm sure that the track entitled 'Nobody's Business' that was a duet with her abuser was also not at all intended to stir controversy and boost sales.

The denial, #icant.

I was disgusted when she was baiting that Birthday Cake collab and it turned out to be him :/

The only Ghoulish song that's not ruined by ha ear venom vocals is "Animal" tbh.

The new song is decent (SKINS SHOUTOUT!!!) but would've sounded a hundred times better with nearly any other singer I can think of. Meh/meh

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Leona do you like ANYONE? Honestly I don't think I've seen you say anything nice about anyone apart from Marian And Leona

Bladenic

The denial, #icant.

To be fair, Unapologetic was probably more about her as a person. Nobody's Bidness tho... Idk

Leona do you like ANYONE? Honestly I don't think I've seen you say anything nice about anyone apart from Marian And Leona
I like loads. But unless it's Mariah or Leona, I check for a handful of songs and not a particular artist's entire discography.

Of the currently relevant (though that term is arguable) set, I regularly use Gaga, Kelly (the corpulent one), Sia, Justin Timberlake, and Jessie Ware. Among the dead and/or retired, I'm here for Whitney's live stuff, Minnie Riperton's Bacharach soundalikes, MJ, N.E.R.D., and Xtincta (especially B2B and the ballads and nu-jazz from Bionic).

And then there are the lesser-knowns like Friendly Fires, Lone, Lianne la Havas, Michelle Shaprow, Corinne Bailey Rae, Clazziquai, Disclosure, Eliane Elias, Eri Nobuchika, Jamiroquai, Samantha James, and an entire brigade of smooth jazz/nu-jazz (my favorite genre overall if I had to choose one) artists that keep my ass firm and toned.

Trigger

Well someone has to balance out Trigger and me.

nnnnnn

I like loads. But unless it's Mariah or Leona, I check for a handful of songs and not a particular artist's entire discography.

Of the currently relevant (though that term is arguable) set, I regularly use Gaga, Kelly (the corpulent one), Sia, Justin Timberlake, and Jessie Ware. Among the dead and/or retired, I'm here for Whitney's live stuff, Minnie Riperton's Bacharach soundalikes, MJ, N.E.R.D., and Xtincta (especially B2B and the ballads and nu-jazz from Bionic).

And then there are the lesser-knowns like Friendly Fires, Lone, Lianne la Havas, Michelle Shaprow, Corinne Bailey Rae, Clazziquai, Disclosure, Eliane Elias, Eri Nobuchika, Jamiroquai, Samantha James, and an entire brigade of smooth jazz/nu-jazz (my favorite genre overall if I had to choose one) artists that keep my ass firm and toned.

Bless. I thought I was the only one here who uses some of her songs. The Sea was somber, but very pretty.

DMeisterJ

Banned

The denial, #icant.

Bye. NB was clearly about him, but I'm sure the WW smash "Diamonds" had a lot more to do with the success of the album versus an album track that isn't even a single. The logic fail should surprise me but you are Hive.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~

Oh I see, quite a wide taste range there
I forgot that Jamiroquai even existed tbh, where did they go?

Is this Britney?
Because it looks like a really rough attempt at drag

Oh I see, quite a wide taste range there
I forgot that Jamiroquai even existed tbh, where did they go?
They're still active, but they shed a ton of fans once they became a kitsch 70s revival band.

I like both their early acid jazz stuff and their newer disco cheese stuff though, so they haven't lost me.

Kyon

Banned
Hm so Album8ney yet again sounds like something God sent down to bless the Earth with. Rih8 will probably be the same. Bless Navy and Army

Yes RIP, that's the infamous Lucky photoshoot. A complete and utter mess.

Turn it into a smilie so we can use ha *.*

Speaking of the TRAGIC cheap ass shoot recently the outtakes were released and it was a cheap mess.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Bye. NB was clearly about him, but I'm sure the WW smash "Diamonds" had a lot more to do with the success of the album versus an album track that isn't even a single. The logic fail should surprise me but you are Hive.

Sorry but it's your logic fail since WFL sold more but failed to propel TTT to number 1.

Bye. That album was clearly pushed on the back of the Bruises controversy.

Besides even Diamonds have lyrics that in the context are clearly intended to be references to Bruises too. They probably bought the song off Sia because it fits perfectly into the manufactured Bruises controversy marketing angle of Unapologetic.

[edit]

She looks like a drag queen.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Sorry but it's your logic fail since WFL sold more but failed to propel TTT to number 1.

Bye. That album was clearly pushed on the back of the Bruises controversy.

More logic fail.

If you took TTT's sales, and applied them to the week of Unapologetic's release, TTT would have went #1 that week. Same if you had put Rated R or Loud in the same release week. Rih previously released albums around other high selling albums, and this time she didn't. That's the tea. There is no Chris connection to her first #1 album, it was timed better, is all.

Matt_

She's serving some Sharon Needles realness.

jbp6t5NDPGvrw7.png

I can kind of see it

Are those pics of Gaga new? If so, she is really going for the Andy Warhol look, huh?

Yeh they are
I think that look would go well
Classy + a flare of crazy would be the best way to go

edit; oh at the gay guy from the new normal that is the gay guy out of girls having an amazing body
they should have put more nudity in that show, maybe it wouldnt have been canceled

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
More logic fail.

If you took TTT's sales, and applied them to the week of Unapologetic's release, TTT would have went #1 that week. Same if you had put Rated R or Loud in the same release week. Rih previously released albums around other high selling albums, and this time she didn't. That's the tea. There is no Chris connection to her first #1 album, it was timed better, is all.

Bitch if you're going to just flat up deny something as triflingly obvious as the fact that Unapologetic was clearly pushed on the Bruises thing I don't know what else to say.

At least you finally admitted that it only went to #1 because it was up against crap albums though.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Bitch if you're going to just flat up deny something as triflingly obvious as the fact that Unapologetic was clearly pushed on the Bruises thing I don't know what else to say.

At least you finally admitted that it only went to #1 because it was up against crap albums though.

Lots of albums go #1 for being up against crap albums. Lots go #1 due to discounts. Lots go #1 due to millions spent marketing and advertising. I'm not bothered how an album gets to #1 since many people get there many ways. You seem really bothered she has a #1 album tho.

Poor you

iheartrihannaslayingbm0ptg.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Lots of albums go #1 for being up against crap albums. Lots go #1 due to discounts. Lots go #1 due to millions spent marketing and advertising. I'm not bothered how an album gets to #1 since many people get there many ways. You seem really bothered she has a #1 album tho.

Poor you

iheartrihannaslayingbm0ptg.gif

I'm not remotely bothered about it. I know that you were seething and pressed for the longest time because your fave's 'reign' didn't include any #1 albums in seven years even though people like Gaga managed to clock one in two and Ke$ha on her first try. I know how much that #1 means to you and I wouldn't like to denigrate or belittle the 'achievement' even despite the fact that it was up against a month old Taylor Swift album, a christmas album and a covers compilation by Rod Stewart.

So like I say I'm happy for you. But c'mon, it's clear that they were angling it on the Bruises thing. I don't see why you're so pressed about it, it's just canny marketing, and that's your fave's special talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom