• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PowderedToast

Why would you post such a mess
iPkuDazhu2FCa.gif

tumblr_mp62ewaYSC1qa42jro1_500.jpg
tumblr_mp7u4n21wP1qa42jro1_500.jpg

Gaga looks so cute here
ibtGfL8WdMmmcI.gif
ibtGfL8WdMmmcI.gif

o wow ♥ ♥ ♥

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Wow the penis jokes are still going, I mean I wish they were true that way my chances with Taylor Kinney go from 0% to 0.0001%

Is this the thread where people who don't care for pop music are suddenly pop-relevancy connoisseurs?

Ya rly.

"I don't hear any Lady Gaga songs on the radio... station they play at Super Cuts while I'm getting my touch up."

It's like not watching the news and being like "Obama's barely doing anything these days..."

Nemesis_

Juliet's story with her sister really got to me, and I felt the scene with her and Sawyer (actually both scenes, in the finale and during the incident) were some of the best. Behind Ben she was my favourite Other

and she's hot as fuck too =D

I need to fix my avatar, might get rid of the arm and zoom it in a bit more.

botty

Banned
The way her story ended really rubbed me the wrong way, but maybe that's why I don't particularly care for her. And she got in between Kate and Sawyer.

Nemesis_

Kate was a squinty stupid cunt cock tease and she can burn in the flames of hell for being such a boring and shitty character

I posted this in that Gaga OT thread but I thought I'd share it here since people are always comparing Lady Gaga to Madge:

Again, thanks for proving my point that you don't get it. Unlike Madonna who finds references and flat out uses them as-is, Gaga uses references to serve her own aesthetic. That's one of the reasons Madonna's work never resonated with me; the quality of her work is almost entirely dependent on the quality of the reference (see: Ray of Light, Confessions; don't see: American Life, Hard Candy). Because of that her music has been inconsistent in quality and her uniqueness as an artist becomes saturated because she literally just BECOMES the reference that inspires her for that album. She's incredibly versatile and a true chameleon, but hardly has a true craft of her own that's present throughout her catalogue. I've always said that Madonna's songs would be just as effective (if not moreso) if sung by more talented people. Her videography remains stellar though and I'll always give her that.

While Madonna rests entirely on references, Gaga puts her character first. She's equally referential but doesn't use them as her headline act. People can see this as either a strength or a weakness, because while Gaga commits to a very specific aesthetic and sound that's her signature, in terms of synthesizing her references and her own vision together she's still a work in progress. When she finds that synergy however, the result is very impactful (see: Paparazzi performance at the VMAs, the Bad Romance music video, the You and I music video, many of her live acoustic performances). When it doesn't hit the nail on the head as perfectly though, the product can get lost in translation to people who are unaccustomed to her aesthetic. I will say though that she has a much stronger handle on her own artistry than someone like Madonna, and that's incredibly impressive for someone with only three albums to her name.

I don't see her as being the type to try and reel it in or change her style completely for the mass public like Madonna does because I think she's more resolute, however I can see how continuing on her own path can lead to less and less people wanting to follow her on it. She'll have to find a way to maintain her own journey but also keep the public interested. She's done it so far but she'll have to keep at it. We'll see where this new album takes her.

Nemesis_

She was a nice change of pace as far as female leads go. I don't hate Kate.

Juliet was so intelligent she could make males pregnant and induce a pregnancy into someone with severe terminal illness. BRAINS and BEAUTY.

Kate kills people and knows how to jump from one cock to the next without touching the ground. And then getting angry because she doesn't have the anal capacity to take both at once.

We can all agree that we all hate Ana-Lucia though, right?

I posted this in that Gaga OT thread but I thought I'd share it here since people are always comparing Lady Gaga to Madge:

I think you've hit the nail on the head here, but I doubt you'll be taken seriously in the OT :(

Juliet was so intelligent she could make males pregnant and induce a pregnancy into someone with severe terminal illness. BRAINS and BEAUTY.

Kate kills people and knows how to jump from one cock to the next without touching the ground. And then getting angry because she doesn't have the anal capacity to take both at once.

We can all agree that we all hate Ana-Lucia though, right?

I think you've hit the nail on the head here, but I doubt you'll be taken seriously in the OT :(

Juliet > Kate > Hurley's fart clouds > Ana Lucia.

I always had a soft spot for Kate though, not sure why.

And thank you for the compliment; I'm sure I'll be called worse in the OT. I should just unsubscribe >_>

Nemesis_

Rose was so iconic.

KING DANIEL TOO

Eloise was annoying but knew her shit

ngnnnnn I want all these people in my avatar somehow ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom