• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyon

Banned

Hun if we start trying to have INTELLIGENT conversations about pop music it takes away the fun out of everything.

Also its not a metric of quality. It's a metric for how much better our faves are more than the opposing's fave. No one here actually thinks sales=quality i hope you know lol

Every single stan on the internet goes by these rules :)

I find it strange that the metric you guys seem to use for how good an artist is, is their record sales! Who gives a fuck if they sold a lot of records? Do you like the music or not, that's the only valid question.

I dunno, the arguments back and forth seem to consist of "Well they had so many number ones" or "sold this many records", or "lol, they did so and so in their private life".

I don't get it. Judge them on the music man. Not on their balance sheet, or same vapid article from a celeb trash mag BS about botched boob jobs or something similarly banal.

Like Kyon said, this thread isn't about substantive music discussion. It does happen, mind you, but its not the norm. It mostly about having fun and arguing with people about silly shit. No one really thinks Britney Spears is the greatest musician ever. Its fun to pretend though, right Kyon?
iNVlVGoG0Dox8.gif

edit: I think The Monsters are serious about Gaga, you gotta watch out for them.
iUMONynUSAPXF.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Rihanna released two albums a year apart that eacb outsold 4 WW and managed her 5 hit songs that charted higher than anything from 4
#NVAY
I find it strange that the metric you guys seem to use for how good an artist is, is their record sales! Who gives a fuck if they sold a lot of records? Do you like the music or not, that's the only valid question.

I dunno, the arguments back and forth seem to consist of "Well they had so many number ones" or "sold this many records", or "lol, they did so and so in their private life".

I don't get it. Judge them on the music man. Not on their balance sheet, or same vapid article from a celeb trash mag BS about botched boob jobs or something similarly banal.
I hope that nobody here takes the idea that sales = quality seriously. It's just that when all your fave really has is sales it's the only thing you can rely on so I could understand why some posters make you feel like we all take it seriously as a metric of quality.

I mean my faves (besides Gods Aloud who have more consecutive Top 10s than most faves have total Top 10s in their entire careers) are all pretty much chart flops. Robyn will probably never have another #1 in her career but she still shits on basically everything else in the thread.

#NVAY

I hope that nobody here seriously takes the idea that sales = quality seriously. It's just that when all your fave really has is sales it's the only thing you can rely on so I could understand why some posters make you feel like we all take it seriously as a metric of quality.

I mean my faves (besides Gods Aloud who have more consecutive Top 10s than most faves have total Top 10s in their entire careers) are all pretty much chart flops. Robyn will probably never have another #1 in her career but she still shits on basically everything else in the thread.

pUKe top 10s aren't real top 10s tho.
i28HYBoeV5Beo.gif

NinjaBoiX

Fair play guys, I suppose half the fun of pop is all the auxiliary activity. And yeah, the arguing and back biting does seem to be good natured!

I like this thread, it seems like a laugh. I'm still trying to get my ear into the lingo though. I've got most of it, just sometimes a sentence seems entirely foreign to me!

cory64

Rihanna has been taking more cues from Madonna than Beyonce since Rated R; sure Rih and Bey occupied the same turf prior to that but Rihanna has successfully diversified her image and music while Beyoncé tried that once and the era flopped.

Trigger

Fair play guys, I suppose half the fun of pop is all the auxiliary activity. And yeah, the arguing and back biting does seem to be good natured!

I like this thread, it seems like a laugh. I'm still trying to get my ear into the lingo though. I've got most of it, just sometimes a sentence seems entirely foreign to me!

Don't feel like you can't just ask what something means. We're all shady bitches friendly people here.

NinjaBoiX

Don't feel like you can't just ask what something means. We're all shady bitches friendly people here.
I know "stan" is fan, I guess from Eminem - Stan.

I think "sis" is just a proclamation of friendship, like bro.

What is "shade" in the context of this thread though?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Rihanna has been taking more cues from Madonna than Beyonce since Rated R; sure Rih and Bey occupied the same turf prior to that but Rihanna has successfully diversified her image and music while Beyoncé tried that once and the era flopped.

I would say Rih has been taking more cues from Britney than Madonna, but I agree that she is not following in Bey's footsteps.

Trigger

Kiiii

I haven't read the Stan Wars dictionary in forever. Some of these entries are still funny:

Courtesy of the Stan Wars Dictionary said:
sis- Real World Definition: a term of endearment for a female associate - "I'm going to the movies with my good sis Kimberly."
Stan Wars Definition: a husky, burly, ashy, hairy male homosexual - "I'm going to the Pink Friday Tour with my good sis DeAndre"

botty

Banned
A new Xtina photoshoot for her show, The Voice, is coming soon.

@carsondaly said:
Great hanging with the original gang on #TheVoice season 5 photo shoot today- missed @xtina and @CeeLoGreen so much. Great friends.

notice he said Xtina first, because the queen always gets top priority.

Only two more months until the TRUE "The Voice" show returns.

ifGqNwajJRorH.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_

ifGqNwajJRorH.gif

So in other words another season the fighters won't watch cause they will be perched in the X Factor thread.

To balance the Xtina waste:
uhaikCNGEQ8zGuFjjh3ryKKn.gif

DominoKid

http://i.minus.com/ifGqNwajJRorH.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

damn they're coming back already???

botty

Banned
So in other words another season the fighters won't watch cause they will be perched in the X Factor thread.

But we do watch...along with millions of people. I don't know why you're trying to gather up bad karma when Paulina and Demi are about to headline Flop Factor. Will white america even be here for something that is basically La Voz?

pRpKkva.gif

But going back to The Voice, someone stated they went to a taping of the blind auditions and saw ha, the legend. She also shaded Mariah and Ariana Hewde.

Oh god you guys... I was NOT prepared for X to slay me like this. We were waiting around forever though seeing her in the flesh was totally worth it. Guys, you would all be so proud of our girl. She's come a long way in so little time. She was wearing a long sleeved black sequined dress that went up to her neck (so no cleavage), had straight shoulder length hair (no bangs, and her makeup looked fawking killer. Classic X with the signature red lips. SUPER TINY. She is insanely close to have her Bionic era body back. It was insane.. I really felt like I had gone back in time because she looked so much like KGBtina. The progress/changes she's made in so little time really are amazing, and for that I have to give her MAJOR props. I am certain that once she's ready to release something, it will be BIG. you don't make this kinda change for no reason.

Most of the people who auditioned today sucked, though one girl sang the Ariana Grande song. Once she finished, X goes

X - "That's a great song.. it's a Mariah Carey song, right?"

Contestant - "*awkward*......No, it's Ariana Grande...."

X - "oh well, i don't know the song..I've never heard it"

also her blake diss.. "I heard this turned into the Blake Shelton show while I was gone"

for the most part, she was reserved. She only really spoke to Blake in between the takes. I was sitting right in front of her so I could her her speaking when her mic was off and she was VERY polite to the crew members. Unlike a certain other judge who was flat out ignoring some of them When she wasn't talking to Blake, she was drawing on her little notepad thing (i could see the drawings but couldn't make out what they were.. it wasn't writing though) & sipping on her coffee/water. I think her new angle for this season is "I'm back and refreshed"

ViciousqueenTina slimaguiliamnotasgoodatthisasroylera

ibgoMLYIP3N6aW.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
Ciara (Epic) 55-65k

Oh.

iDq9FwZEt2eNJ.gif

If those numbers hold up, it will have debuted lower than Fantasy Ride (81k first week), but higher than Basic Instinct (37k first week)

Seems being #2 on iTunes means JACK SHIT when #1 is going to clock 500k next week.

cory64

I don't even remember but I doubt it was a repubatle source. It was more officially predicted to do about 130k, kiiiii.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom