• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so sick of talking and seeing people talk about Rihanna and Beyonce.

I can't wait until ARTPOP.

Honestly this. Can we talk about how much ARTPOP is gonna slay lives? I seriously don't wanna think about Beyonce anymore until she releases something, coz I'm tired of her bullshit. I'm ready for my queen to slay me next month.

Do we wanna make bets on the single name? At least based on the ones we know of so far..

- Burqa
- Sex Dreams
- G.U.Y. (Girl Under You)
- ARTPOP

Sound off hoes.

Nemesis_

BUT SHE BELLY FLOPS INTO A POOL, ISN'T THAT SO EXCITING

I guess they consulted Madonna herself to ask what would be 'exciting' and the answer seems to be something a geriatric would come up with.

Honestly this. Can we talk about how much ARTPOP is gonna slay lives? I seriously don't wanna think about Beyonce anymore until she releases something, coz I'm tired of her bullshit. I'm ready for my queen to slay me next month.

Do we wanna make bets on the single name? At least based on the ones we know of so far..

- Burqa
- Sex Dreams
- G.U.Y. (Girl Under You)
- ARTPOP

Sound off hoes.

I would honestly not be surprised if any of the tracks we've been spoken to about had been scrapped since it's been so long since we heard ANYTHING from them. I doubt RATCHET exists anymore (though I'd love for Gaga to be the one to bring the word properly into the mainstream).

I love G.U.Y. though, I feel like it's clever (not necessarily intelligent, but clever). Burqa seems like something purposely confrontational to get some kind of attention. Sex Dreams is generic.

So either G.U.Y. for it's catchy nature or ARTPOP for OBVIOUS reasons.

Nemesis_

Umm the source is the examiner. Fake as hell

Oh, how am I meant to know these things ;_;

These trashy publications

irNHnLL2mDUoI.gif

I guess they consulted Madonna herself to ask what would be 'exciting' and the answer seems to be something a geriatric would come up with.

I would honestly not be surprised if any of the tracks we've been spoken to about had been scrapped since it's been so long since we heard ANYTHING from them. I doubt RATCHET exists anymore (though I'd love for Gaga to be the one to bring the word properly into the mainstream).

I love G.U.Y. though, I feel like it's clever (not necessarily intelligent, but clever). Burqa seems like something purposely confrontational to get some kind of attention. Sex Dreams is generic.

So either G.U.Y. for it's catchy nature or ARTPOP for OBVIOUS reasons.

Anything but "ARTPOP." I don't want the public's first new glimpse of Gaga to be something they can call pretentious or obnoxious. She just needs a song title and song that isn't self-aware or potentially suffer from making her seem arrogant or convoluated. So G.U.Y or Burqa would work..

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Her first single should be Tea, which is a play on the letter T which she calls Taylor Kinney. Just like BTW had a lot of Luc references ARTPOP will have a lot of Taylor in it

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I don't really know what I want from Gaga's first single tbh
I do think that if ARTPOP is a single it shouldn't be the lead, maybe the 2nd or 3rd single though

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
What I really want from Madonna is an unfucked up version of Celebration (with a better tracklist). Won't happen for a while though.

lbr, you should already have most of this stuff without needing to buy a 'best of' comp
limpwrist.gif

But yeah, it's pretty disappointing how lazy and careless Warner was in putting throwing that together.

cory64

lbr, you should already have most of this stuff without needing to buy a 'best of' comp
limpwrist.gif

But yeah, it's pretty disappointing how lazy and careless Warner was in putting throwing that together.

I do, I just want other people to not have to deal with that incompetent turd.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Oh and while I remember, One Direction has a new song that is debuting this Friday. Harry is doing an interview with radio 1 dj Scott Mills. I'm guessing this is off their new album? or is it for the film?

Does anyone even stan them here? Havent seen Waffles or Delio post in ages

cory64

The only version of Erotica I ever owned was from Celebration and it sounded messy and I thought that was just part of the song.

I now see why

Yup. Celebration should be avoided at all costs.
Also to be avoided: any version of ABBA Gold other than the original 1992 one.
Well just in general, avoid reissues from after about 1994

Trigger

Y'all better not sleep on my girl Ariana. She's going to slay.
1Oymt.gif

The Mayer Hawthorne album is amazing. Wow.

Blown away.

It's so smooth. I loved what I heard when I listened to the NPR stream. The Jessie Ware track is still my favorite, but there's a lot to love there.

botty

Banned
Honestly, this "3 decades of hits" is irrelevant when you start your career at the very end of a decade while riding the coattails of a pop explosion.

I don't really get the point you're trying to make here. We're going to discredit all 3 decades because of her strongest commercial career moment coming at the end of the 90s?

What exactly would have changed if the hits came at the beginning of the decade instead of the end?

Matt_

Zane Lowe is doing interviews with Macklemore, Jay Z, Tinie Tempah, Plan B, Sebastian Ingrosso and Azealia Banks about BWET tonight. You can listen here

Hope we get some decent information

Kyon

Banned
I don't really get the point you're trying to make here. We're going to discredit all 3 decades because of her strongest commercial career moment coming at the end of the 90s?

What exactly would have changed if the hits came at the beginning of the decade instead of the end?

Yeah idgi that's like dismissing everyone else that debuted in those days

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
MTV is set to make history on Wednesday at 8 a.m. ET when the nominees for the night's top prize, Video of the Year, will be unveiled exclusively on MTV's Instagram and Vine accounts. It will mark the first time an awards show has ever announced nominations through those social media platforms.

Each hour after the Video of the Year reveal, MTV will post additional Instagram and Vine videos highlighting the nominees in other categories. It's just the latest in a series of iconic firsts for the 30th anniversary show

A gimmicky mess :biblio:

Trigger

Does anyone even really watch the show for the awards anymore? MTV has lost a lot of credibility with me when it comes to music. I'm mostly here for the performances.

Matt_

People only care for awards when their fave is nominated
As gaga hasnt put anything out, and they'll likely pay my other faves dust, I'm only here for the mess and the messy performances

Red carpet too obvs

botty

Banned
People only care for awards when their fave is nominated
As gaga hasnt put anything out, and they'll likely pay my other faves dust, I'm only here for the mess and the messy performances

Red carpet too obvs

That isn't true. Watching Francis lose awards is also fun.

Matt_

That isn't true. Watching Francis lose awards is also fun.

The other side of the same coin I guess

Has there even been any noteworthy videos this year?
The only one I can think of is Blurred Lines and that was because of the naked girls
Come and get it was quite nice, could get a nom i guess

Bladenic

The other side of the same coin I guess

Has there even been any noteworthy videos this year?
The only one I can think of is Blurred Lines and that was because of the naked girls
Come and get it was quite nice, could get a nom i guess

Bye at you paying the Video of the Year dust.

King Miley :alexz:

Matt_

I guess so? I know it was pretty recent but it was over 3 weeks ago
Could Miley's team have sent them an early version to get it into consideration or something?

edit; A very very brief google makes me think the cut off date is June, so I think it should be in
edit2; for the 2002 show it was june 9th 2001 to may 31st 2002

It's gonna be another year of almost-there understudies performing (Taylor, Rihanna, Bieber, Pitbull, Nicki Minaj, etc.).

Maybe they'll get Gaga to perform though *.*

Bladenic

It's gonna be another year of almost-there understudies performing (Taylor, Rihanna, Bieber, Pitbull, Nicki Minaj, etc.).

Maybe they'll get Gaga to perform though *.*

The fact that you're putting future legends Rihanna and Taylor in the same bracket as Shitbull and Garbage is insulting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom