• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
iTTc2kV6ZQEYw.gif

Y'all are so dismissive of the elderly.

It's not like anyone here gives a reason not to.

i9nopQ6HiO44T.gif

Bladenic

She has ANOTHER show? Is this the one with Robin Williams? #RIP

I wanted Ringer to smash ;_; Siobhan was a bad bitch.

Yes she has a new show with Robin Williams and Bob Benson from Mad Men. I doubt it'll be very good since its CBS, but I'll watch for her at first anyway. It'll probably be a hit though, so I'm glad for her finally making a comeback after like a decade of irrelevancy.

royalan

Sky's expression in that photo mimics my own whenever I see someone get their hopes up about her album ever coming out...ever.

Sky Ferreira is not a musician. She's a spoiled brat that occasionally dabbles in music/modeling/general-"celebrity" when she's not snorting cocaine in order to convince daddy that she's actually got some purpose in life so he won't force her to get a real fucking job.

Doing what? Lord knows, because we've all seen how absolutely useless she is otherwise.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Sky's expression in that photo mimics my own whenever I see someone get their hopes up about her album ever coming out...ever.

Sky Ferreira is not a musician. She's a spoiled brat that occasionally dabbles in music/modeling/general-"celebrity" when she's not snorting cocaine in order to convince daddy that she's actually got some purpose in life so he won't force her to get a real fucking job.

Doing what? Lord knows, because we've all seen how absolutely useless she is otherwise.

I want the receipts.

From the interviews I've read of her, she seems pretty down-to-earth. This one in particular was pretty revealing:

Obviously at some point I would like to be successful. But not [in the same way] as in the past … I just did not know what I wanted to do. I was manipulated into thinking that I had to go through this big giant monster of being on the radio and hitting number one on the charts in order to succeed in general. They told me I wasn’t good enough to do anything by myself, you know? I was 14, 15... They would say, “you can do whatever you want, after you reach this type of success.” Which is not true at all, but they convinced me of it. And then I hated it and openly admitted that I hated it the whole time I did it, so [laughs] it kind of backfired.

And then I took a break for a year, writing. I worked for two years on this other album. I turned in five different albums and none of them made sense. It was just one thing after the other and getting shelved. And they told me the nastiest things like, “sorry there’s already one girl coming out at the moment, we can’t do two”. And I was like, “fuck this, I don’t want anything to do with this”. I want to sing music that I actually like singing, and write music that I actually like writing. Not just for the sake of writing it. I’m not just another person. They kept telling me I was being so ungrateful and it would be so easy for them to go find another me. So I was like, “Okay, well if that’s the case, then go find another me.” Now I just write songs that I like and that I would listen to. Songs that actually mean something to me. If you’re making a song that you wouldn’t listen to, that’s an issue. If you’re singing it and thinking, “this is so bad, I wouldn’t listen to this”… that’s a problem.

Perra.... >_>

I would love to make money at some point by making music. That’s why I keep doing the modeling stuff. I keep doing the modeling stuff because I make the majority of my money from modeling. If that gives me the freedom to do whatever I want musically, then fuck it I’ll do fashion stuff too. I’d rather stay around for 10 years [as a musician] than have a big number one hit and make millions of dollars for two years and then disappear without anyone actually respecting me as an artist. Yeah, I am careful with business decisions. I’m very aware of what I do. But I am not a business woman. I am not a brand.
x

Being sexually abused, and entering the messed up world of the music industry so early. No wonder she always looks so timid and sad.
2095c354.gif

But I love hurr. *runs from room crying*

Nemesis_

I'm not going to touch the abuse thing but I mean, she CHOSE to enter the music industry at such a young age.

But anyway, let's talk about a real multi talented queen

BPWELySCYAA084M.jpg:large

itjFZzX5Bug0u.gif

Nemesis_

So what's the history between Perra and Sky?

They're both on the same label, so I think the Cloud Dreamers (my stupid name for the Sky stans) are assuming that the label is blocking Sky to give Perra time to shine.

The mere thought that anyone would pay Sky any kind of attention in the first place is laughable but apparently she is a threat to Perra.

Oh and I just found this

ioZE4dxedAfhE.gif

Aguila sis I love your other faves so my apologies xoxooxo

Nemesis_

A quick procrasti-google reveals that they are apparently friends, but Perra tweeted a photo of her which was provactive but she was also underage :biblio:

I don't even know. I should stop procrastinating on this assignment by researching fucking BYE FERRIERIEIRIWEIREA though

Aguila

#ICONIC
Maybe her album got delayed again for Perra....but this time they'll do a collabo and Katy will release it as a single. *0*

I'm all for Sky riding Perra's tail into stardom. Wateva gets her album out #CloudDreaming :(

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I want the receipts.

From the interviews I've read of her, she seems pretty down-to-earth. This one in particular was pretty revealing:

Yeah, I dunno where Roy is getting that from. Some of my friends have met Sky and hung out with her, and she's apparently a super nice girl.

royalan

Yeah, I dunno where Roy is getting that from. Some of my friends have met Sky and hung out with her, and she's apparently a super nice girl.

She can be as sweet as she wants to be. That album will still never see the light of day.

And that article made me roll my eyes to Texas. She talks as if she was EVER this big up-and-coming thing. Sky has always been niche at best, and she has the nerve to diss the charts like she was ever positioned anywhere near one.

I'm not another person. I just want to make the type of music that I want to make, bla bla bla. Give me a break. How about you shut up and make some music, period?

She's like Azealia Banks with a fraction of the bravado and even less material to show for it over a longer period of time.

Aguila

#ICONIC
She can be as sweet as she wants to be. That album will still never see the light of day.

And that article made me roll my eyes to Texas. She talks as if she was EVER this big up-and-coming thing. Sky has always been niche at best, and she has the nerve to diss the charts like she was ever positioned anywhere near one.

I'm not another person. I just want to make the type of music that I want to make, bla bla bla. Give me a break. How about you shut up and make some music, period?

She's like Azealia Banks with a fraction of the bravado and even less material to show for it over a longer period of time.

They were positioning her to become the next big thing. They had her teamed up with producers and writers who had worked with Madonna and Britney Spears. And Obsession and One did chart... somewhere.

btw, It seems Britney is teamed up with Dev Hynes for Album 8. InterestinG. VERY interestinG. Plus Charli XCX writing for ha. VERY VERY interestinG.

royalan

They were positioning her to become the next big thing. They had her teamed up with producers and writers who had worked with Madonna and Britney Spears. And Obsession and One did chart... somewhere.

btw, It seems Britney is teamed up with Dev Hynes for Album 8. InterestinG.

Sorry. And as much shade as I'm throwing at Sky I actually bop to EiE.

I'm just getting so fucking SICK of these up-and-coming trollops putting out a half-assed track or EP and acting like they've made it and that the world is waiting with baited breath via social media for their "perspective." It's like they're asking for an advance on a super stardom that they haven't earned yet.

Azealia Banks puts out of a 4 track EP and a half-assed mixtape that got paid ultimate dust by everyone but some of the British and some of the gays, and now she's on Twitter starting beef with everyone and talking about how she's the "head negress" and nobody is doing it bigger than her. I was so fucking glad when Angel Haze clocked her ass and said what even her (few) fans are thinking: "Bitch, can you shut the fuck up and actually finish your fucking album?"

And then you have Sky, who's been talking out of her goddamn ass for lord knows how long at this point about how she's over the industry's games and she want to do things her way. Well, trick, can you do things A WAY at some point? She keeps talking about she's writing --- writing, writing, writing -- albums worth of tracks. Where the tracks? She's not putting out albums worth of music, her name's not appearing on ANYBODY'S writing credits, and her one real bop is a Dev Hynes song that, frankly, sounds more like Dev Hynes than it does her. Oh, but she's over the games. Shut the fuck up and PRODUCE. If anybody is wondering why the label prioritizes Katy Perry it SHOULD be clear: the girl puts in WORK.

Back in my day pop stars actually had to achieve some success before anybody gave a shit about what they had to say.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Sorry. And as much shade as I'm throwing at Sky I actually bop to EiE.

I'm just getting so fucking SICK of these up-and-coming trollops putting out a half-assed track or EP and acting like they've made it and that the world is waiting with baited breath via social media for their "perspective." It's like they're asking for an advance on a super stardom that they haven't earned yet.

Azealia Banks puts out of a 4 track EP and a half-assed mixtape that got paid ultimate dust by everyone but some of the British and some of the gays, and now she's on Twitter starting beef with everyone and talking about how she's the "head negress" and nobody is doing it bigger than her. I was so fucking glad when Angel Haze clocked her ass and said what even her (few) fans are thinking: "Bitch, can you shut the fuck up and actually finish your fucking album?"

And then you have Sky, who's been talking out of her goddamn ass for lord knows how long at this point about how she's over the industry's games and she want to do things her way. Well, trick, can you do things A WAY at some point? She keeps talking about she's writing --- writing, writing, writing -- albums worth of tracks. Where the tracks? She's not putting out albums worth of music, her name's not appearing on ANYBODY'S writing credits, and her one real bop is a Dev Hynes song that, frankly, sounds more like Dev Hynes than it does her. Oh, but she's over the games. Shut the fuck up and PRODUCE. If anybody is wondering why the label prioritizes Katy Perry it SHOULD be clear: the girl puts in WORK.

Back in my day pop stars actually had to achieve some success before anybody gave a shit about what they had to say.

I c what you are saying about their personalities, but the blame for their delays can simply be put on their labels.

We KNOW Azealia would have released her shit early had it not been for her being under the control of her label. She's complained about this numerous times on twitter.

Sky literally had to leak EIE for her label to get Ghost released. (and she does have writing credits on all of her released material)

Sometimes labels are stupid. That Jojo gurl should know. ;_;

Nemesis_

Venus reminds me a lot of that messy song about the oceans or something with that video that made me feel sick. Well, the beginning at least.

But it's quite cute and much more radio friendly than anything she's put out this far I think, though I doubt it would smash.

Anything is better than ATMJAM at this point though.

Nemesis_

MARINA AND THE DIAMONDS announces new "musical project".

“11 Diamonds” is the new musical project by Welsh singer-songwriter Marina Diamandis better known by her stage name as Marina and the Diamonds. The project will be released this summer via her first record company, the London-based independent label Neon Gold those who released the single “Obsessions” in 2008 and the EP “The Crown Jewels” in 2009. They were the ones who discovered and supported Marina from the beginning before getting international fame, and sign for 679 and Atlantic Records.

Few details have been given for the project but is speculation about a compilation of 11 previously unreleased tracks recorded between 2008 and 2010. More details will be released soon through elevendiamonds.co

Furthermore, Marina has recently released a song titled “Just Desserts” beside the British singer and songwriter Charli XCX. Also, still missing the last 3 parts to promote their latest studio album “Electra Heart” (2012), it is not known some day whether or not they came to see the light.​

I know you're all perched. :3

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~

YASSSSS
tumblr_mppb5nS5Uo1spo3yuo1_250.gif

The album is gonna be sooo good

Venus reminds me a lot of that messy song about the oceans or something with that video that made me feel sick. Well, the beginning at least.

But it's quite cute and much more radio friendly than anything she's put out this far I think, though I doubt it would smash.

Anything is better than ATMJAM at this point though.

I thought the same thing when I heard the Ibiza remix, the chorus sounds kind of similar
I really like her singing voice too. Here for more of it

I'm here for new Marina too, I loved Electra Heart
Just Desserts ft Charli XCX for those that missed it

Nemesis_

Is Venus from Broke With Expensive Taste?

The confirmed tracks thus far are

212 (lol)
ATMJAM
YUNG RAPUNXEL
Soda
No Problems
JFK
Idle Delilah
Black Cherry
Miss Amor
Miss Camraderie
Venus

I wonder how many tracks she's preparing for the final release.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
jesus fucking christ she's putting 212 on there?

it is her biggest song, people would expect it

I hope it fits with the rest of the album though

Is Venus from Broke With Expensive Taste?

The confirmed tracks thus far are

212 (lol)
ATMJAM
YUNG RAPUNXEL
Soda
No Problems
JFK
Idle Delilah
Black Cherry
Miss Amor
Miss Camraderie
Venus

I wonder how many tracks she's preparing for the final release.

Venus is an album track yeh
She's just tweeted that Soda has a sister song called Bizarra and that they're both about drug abuse
She also said the album is seasonal, starting in september then going around and finishing there again, so I guess 12 tracks? Which means we have the full listing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom