• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
It's just so happy, I can't hate it :(

Why would you want to?

iQeb8yAgyT8Wc.gif

edit; I'm still interested to see whether Roy likes it or not

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Ha silence is what makes me think he likes it though

ATRL saying that Gaga was seen wearing a BURQA on the set of her new music video.

Song title confirmation(ish)?

Did ya'll hear that alleged "snippet" of Burqa that's floating around? Someone said that it's actually Cake played backwards except you hear her yell "BURQA BURQA BURQA." I don't know if it's real or not, and if it's legit then it's obviously not done, but I kinda loved where it was going. Sort of hoping it's real. lol

Nemesis_

I saw the Burqa comment Soul, but I didn't post it because I couldn't find solid confirmation.

I also doubt anything has leaked in any capacity yet, so I doubt that's real lolm

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
ATRL saying that Gaga was seen wearing a BURQA on the set of her new music video.

Song title confirmation(ish)?

Did ya'll hear that alleged "snippet" of Burqa that's floating around? Someone said that it's actually Cake played backwards except you hear her yell "BURQA BURQA BURQA." I don't know if it's real or not, and if it's legit then it's obviously not done, but I kinda loved where it was going. Sort of hoping it's real. lol

The burga rumor came from a Twitter monster, there are no pics so I wouldn't believe it.

I believe the snippet is also fake, these monsters do the most to put fake shit out tbh.

royalan

Why would you want to?

iQeb8yAgyT8Wc.gif

edit; I'm still interested to see whether Roy likes it or not

I don't like it. The beat is last year's EDM and I'm just not here for Azealia Banks' singing voice outside of a few words in a clever hook. She can't be giving me entire verses of that plodding, dynamic-less shit. There was way too much of it. Just like ATMJAM, there's a brief moment of her spittin' a verse (which is, you know, what people are actually checking on her for), but it's over all too soon, and we're forced to listen to some lesser-than crap for the majority of the track.

To this day the only track I've ever enjoyed Azealia's singing on is Liquorice, and that's because the "singing" really fit there. The entire track is a sarcastic, tongue-in-cheek and brash ode to her chocolate va-jay-jay, so her doing the bridge in this really sing-songy, come hither voice really suited the tone of the track.

She also has this annoying way of "singing" that comes off as both whiny, and completely fucking monotone. Halfway through the song I stopped hearing the words and was just hearing "bla bla blaaaaaaaa, bla bla-bla-bla bla blaaaaaaa". Snore-inducing.

And there's absolutely NOTHING interesting about that production.

I feel like this song is her attempt at a Nicki Minaj/David Guetta "Turn Me On" type of song. But she doesn't have even half of Nicki's emotive range, which is what really made that song work.

SaintZ

BPezDOZCUAAri6v.jpg

FINALLY. Here's To Never Growing Up was released more than 3 months ago.

Her pose is so awkward lmao.

I love her shoes tho. I can't complain about the look this era because she is SERVING.

botty

Banned
BPezDOZCUAAri6v.jpg

FINALLY. Here's To Never Growing Up was released more than 3 months ago.

Her pose is so awkward lmao.

I love her shoes tho. I can't complain about the look this era because she is SERVING.

yay new avril, hope it's just as good or better than HTNGU. I need some dark, under my skin-esque bops.

TPxLm.gif

Matt_

Not Selena fucking Gomez putting out my favourite album of the year
jbp6t5NDPGvrw7.png

Its like bop after bop after bop. I feel so ashamed

I can't help but think that a lot of the songs sound similar to tunes that are already out. I keep finding myself expecting the production to go in a certain way then being surprised when it doesnt

Trigger

Not Selena fucking Gomez putting out my favourite album of the year
jbp6t5NDPGvrw7.png

Its like bop after bop after bop. I feel so ashamed

I can't help but think that a lot of the songs sound similar to tunes that are already out. I keep finding myself expecting the production to go in a certain way then being surprised when it doesnt

No shame. A few songs are a bit dry, but most of the album is pretty fun.

Tell em that is my birthday
When I party like that
Every night's my birthday
They dont know, so it's okay
When I party like that

Jazz it up, jazz it up

i1nMswDJ2I1cM.gif

There are definitely some bops here.

SaintZ

yay new avril, hope it's just as good or better than HTNGU. I need some dark, under my skin-esque bops.

TPxLm.gif
O. The lyrics are hidden in the page...

Let em know that we’re still Rock n Roll

I don’t care about my makeup
I like it better with my jeans all ripped up
Don’t know how to keep my mouth shut
You say so what (what)

I don’ t care if I’m misfit
I like it better than the hipster of all s***
I am the mother ****ing princess
You still love me

It’s a little different when
I’m with you
You know what I really am
On the phone
You know how it really goes
Some some way
We’ll be getting out of this
Time one day
You’re the only that I
Want with me
You know how the story goes

When it’s you and me
We don’t need no one to tell us who to be
We’ll keep turning up the radio
Well it’s you and I
Just put up a middle finger to the sky
Let them know we’re still rock 'n roll

Rock ‘n roll
Hey hey hey
Rock ‘n roll
Hey hey hey

Don’t get a bad attitude dude
I’m never going to cover up that tattoo
I might have a couple issues
You say me too (yeah)
Don’t care about a reputation
Must be living in the wrong generation
This is your invitation

avrilawkwardouklf.gif

LMAO. So fierce! The guys are hawt. I wish I could move like that.

royalan

...this sounds like a song Taylor Swift would pass up.

This entire album feels like REGRESSION for Avril. What the fuck happened to her? Why was she putting out more mature music back in 2004 damn near a decade ago??? WHY does she keep chasing this fucking Radio Disney/Taylor Swift/High School Musical sound when most of her critically lauded and best selling stuff are her maturer records.

What is this fucking pit she has fallen into?

This song is awful and so beneath her...and after she dissed Legendtina I never thought I'd say that anything was beneath Avril...

SaintZ

...this sounds like a song Taylor Swift would pass up.

This entire album feels like REGRESSION for Avril. What the fuck happened to her? Why was she putting out more mature music back in 2004 damn near a decade ago??? WHY does she keep chasing this fucking Radio Disney/Taylor Swift/High School Musical sound when most of her critically lauded and best selling stuff are her maturer records.

What is this fucking pit she has fallen into?

This song is awful and so beneath her...and after she dissed Legendtina I never thought I'd say that anything was beneath Avril...
She got engaged. Her last album was all sad and mopey (minus the forced by RCA Max Martin tracks) after she broke up with Derryck so she wanted to do a fun album again.

Of course you wouldn't know that by listening to her singles. Both What The Hell (a song she hated) and Smile didn't reflect that album at all.

botty

Banned
this is how we do it
this is how we do it
syNmb.gif

this is how we do it
this is how we do it
syNmb.gif

this is how we do it on friday night
and i feel alright
syNmb.gif

Yado

I know me and you, hey mister, mister New York
You know I've no problem giving you what you want, want
But what does it mean to you? Don't play me, no no no
Don't you do me wrong, wrong, y'know I'll be long gone

iEkBXwsPz54wf.gif

This song is so much better than any of her actual album tracks :/

royalan

I know me and you, hey mister, mister New York
You know I've no problem giving you what you want, want
But what does it mean to you? Don't play me, no no no
Don't you do me wrong, wrong, y'know I'll be long gone

iEkBXwsPz54wf.gif

This song is so much better than any of her actual album tracks :/

That's a damn lie and you know it.

Azealia has yet to top anything on her 1991 EP with any new song, and certainly not this broke-down EDM mess.

Trigger

Azealia has yet to top anything on her 212 EP with any new song, and certainly not this broke-down EDM mess.

But is it worse than Yung Rapunxel and ATMJAM? It's a step up however slight IMO. I think Yado is referring to the upcoming album; not the past EP.

Yado

Azealia has yet to top anything on her 212 EP with any new song, and certainly not this broke-down EDM mess.

I meant post 212, I don't think the songs from that EP are going to be on her album (other than 212). It's definitely better that any of the singles she's released that are supposed to be on her album. The PopGaf reviews are in and it's a smash.

Icicle

Wait.... is Body Music not going to be released in the US???? :(

The alberm is being released in the US on July 30th by Vagrant Records. Receipt.

I am beyond perched.

For those of you that have heard it, how is Body Music?

I just bought tickets to see them in September, so SO excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom